India v England 2008

Who will be telecasting this series in Chennai??? I will be in Chennai from Nov 16 - Dec 29 when this series will be on. Will DD telecast it (in which case, my grandmother has cable suubscribed already!) or do I need to subscribe for some set top box?

Anyone know if they'll show the games on Sky Sports (NZ)?

Well, there is no foping way Sky won't be broadcasting this worldwide, I'd find it very hard to believe if that is the matter.

Who will be telecasting this series in Chennai??? I will be in Chennai from Nov 16 - Dec 29 when this series will be on. Will DD telecast it (in which case, my grandmother has cable suubscribed already!) or do I need to subscribe for some set top box?

I hope you are watching India-Australia series. You can watch India-England series in the same channel.

Anyone know if they'll show the games on Sky Sports (NZ)?
We usually get England games plus we just got Aussie vs India. So I think we'll get the series whether it's from Sky Sports England or from the Indian broadcaster.

Good thing that Flintoff's failures in the Stanford Series haven't effected his form because he's going to be a key for England on this tour. I seriously hope we play the 6 bowlers (Anderson, Harmison, Flintoff, Patel, Swann). Luke Wright has ability but for now he has no meaningful place in this team and 6 bowlers means we have a replacement or two (if you include Collingwood) if someone is expensive.

I hope you are watching India-Australia series. You can watch India-England series in the same channel.

Right now I am in the USA, and I am watching India-Australia on Willow.tv

Sai, tell your grandparents to get TataSky. It's cheap and it's far far far better then that Setbox stuff. The quality is awesome.

It'll probably be on Neo.

Its on Neo Cricket. There is no need for you to buy Tata Sky. Neo Cricket is now being aired by Local Cable operators also.

Oh thanks.. Then I do not need to spend money there for cricket!

If you have Tata Sky or any other DTH TV, You can Pause live games and watch them later. It costs you just Rs 2000.

Prior moved to England when he was 11. He never played any level of cricket for South Africa, represented England in every age group upto Under 19. Also, who else have we "stolen" other than Pietersen?
Tony Greig, Jerrad Jones, Alan Mullaly (he played under-19 cricket for Australia and grew up in WA), Mascrehanas... lol don't take my comment personally. Its just a joke.

Jerrad Jones?

Yeh, because Mullaly and Mascheranas have really played alot of cricket for England and really been a big loss to the countries we "stole" them from.

As for Englands team come the India Series, I'd go for:

Tests:
Cook
Strauss
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood/Shah
Flintoff
Prior
Broad
Harmison
Anderson
Panesar

ODi's:
Bell
Prior
Shah
Pietersen
Flintoff
Collingwood
Patel
Swann
Broad
Harmison
Anderson

They're hopefully the teams we'll go with as well. Can't see Luke Wright playing in India, and I just hope that it's him who makes way for Swann, and not one of the seamers. If we go with 3 seamers plus Panesar and Flintoff in Tests, we'll have a far better balanced side than the one that Australia put out in India. Really looking forward to this series, going to be brilliant. I just hope we put up a better fight than Australia did.

Users who are viewing this thread