India v England 2008

With your little (lol) next to Uthappa, you didn't watch the Challenger series did you?

And Badrinath? He's a far better player then Yuvraj will ever be.

With your little (lol) next to Uthappa, you didn't watch the Challenger series did you?

And Badrinath? He's a far better player then Yuvraj will ever be.

1) Lol because Uthappa IMO is a flop, The only good innings he's played in the Indian Cricket Team are his debut innings and that 47* against England at The Oval. Apart from that he got way too many technical faults and hasn't made another real contribution to the team barring his fielding. Its stuff like the Ranji Trophy and Challenger trophy which get you back into the team, But just because seomeones perofrming in domestic competitons it doesn't mean you drop a senior player who is out of form who is known to be a matchwinner. You don't see the selctors dropping Rahul Dravid for Badrinath do you?

2) What? In the ODI arena? Does Badrinath offer excellent fielding and useful bowling? However I do agree that he will better in Tests.

Yuvraj is the best fielder in India by far, Followed by the likes of Kaif, Raina, Sharma and Badrinath.

OMG! LOSDgfg! Look at that amazing average of Badrinath's in OD!11. He would be so useful in ODI's. I mean if he averages that with the ball (45!), Imagine how much he would offer in the ODI arena, Oh the thought of it just excites me!

Not anymore, Raina and Badri are far better fielders than him. Heck, from what I saw of Ravi Teja, he is better too. You are underestimating Badri's bowling, although justified from his average, he is better than the average suggests.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/india/content/story/313062.html

There's a full summary of his all round potential, against a strong team too, not as if it's Kenya A or something.

Last edited:
The fat slob Yuvraj is the best fielder in India? Are you still in 2002 or something?

Raina, Badri, Kaif, and even Nayar are better then him.

I'll give my few cents in this arguement and for once, it will be stats free. Yuvraj Singh has been India's most consistent ODI batsmen, second only to Dhoni, in the recent past. He also has the advantage of scoring at an outstanding rate with a knack for finishing a chase. He is in some poor ODI form, that is undisputable, but what batsman who scores at a strike rate of over 80 (as he still is!) does not fall out of some form. Yuvraj's fielding has fallen toward poor, as of late, and I suspect it is due to his knee but I feel his batting can account for it.

More later...:p

well until Yuvraj performs he's gonna be bagged. His attitude and perceived arrogance is the root of it all. How's Kaif going in the domestic scene. Any chance of a return?

India's recent performances against Australia have impressed Andrew Flintoff enough to call them "possibly the best team in the world at the moment".
http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/indveng/content/current/story/377475.html

In my opinion India is really strong at home,beating here in India is difficult specially in tests,England is a good side,they have good bowlers who can swing new ball,but normally here in India ball dosent swing much,the conditions suits only for spinners,but they have good fast bowlers like Flintoff,Anderson,Harmison,Sidebottom(i guess he is not coming).

Sidebottom will miss the 1st two one-dayers vs India after failing to recover from an injury.

I'll give my few cents in this arguement and for once, it will be stats free. Yuvraj Singh has been India's most consistent ODI batsmen, second only to Dhoni, in the recent past. He also has the advantage of scoring at an outstanding rate with a knack for finishing a chase. He is in some poor ODI form, that is undisputable, but what batsman who scores at a strike rate of over 80 (as he still is!) does not fall out of some form. Yuvraj's fielding has fallen toward poor, as of late, and I suspect it is due to his knee but I feel his batting can account for it.

More later...:p

He had a great season in 2007. The peak being the six sixes and towards the end was when Australia came to India. It's been alll downhill from their I feel. He was terrible in the Challenger Trophy at least, it is time to give others a turn.

India should bring I Pathan back Please :upray

Pathan has lost his swing,when Ishant and Zaheer are bowling well,Shreeshant can also swing now,RP is rested,Pathan needs to get his swing,otherwise its difficult for him to get back into side.

Users who are viewing this thread