India v England 2008

Raina is in very good form in the ODI's. Gambhir and Sehwag at the top are probably the best opening pair in international cricket right now. Rohit Sharma fails in those occasional games, but mostly he fires. Yuvraj is the big question but I dont think England spinners will trouble him much. Dhoni is as usual our reliable customer. If they play Yusuf, he can be highly dangerous if he gets into that mood.

I predict India to win 5-2.

I don't think it will be too much easy :noway England has arrived with Freddie and few other quality lads this time :)

I don't think it will be too much easy :noway England has arrived with Freddie and few other quality lads this time :)

I guess you`ll be rooting for England in this series then ?

England have a warm up vs Mumbai tomorrow. Wright and Cook are left out, Sidebottom is injured. 12 a-side OD game.

Stickied.

I predict england bowlers will get used to the wickets in india and maybe at the start of the tour. But england's a team which never should be under-estimated, then can come back strong slowly and are really clever at lethal lines, especially with sidebottom in india, he can be very deadly.

My prediction, it will be a tough contest in tests, but the ODIs seem to be the toughest of all. Last time when england were here, they were purely hammered with the teams that toured india in 2005.

It'll be Wonderful to see Flintoff-Yuvraaajjj back again! :D..

Yeah, I really hope Yuvraj comes good in this series. Is stats against England and in India are pretty good too.

He was the man of the series for three times in a row in 2005 in ODIs. Let's hope he does some magic here.

Yuvi has trouble against and M&M only. He can be easily dropped or rested against Lankans. But he murders the type of bowling which England sends own.

Yuvraj is a match-winner in ODI's, Okay he got owned by Mendis in the Sri Lanka series (Didn't most batsmen?). But before that in the Kipty and Asia cup he averaged 46 and 52 -- and thats no fluke, He was very good in them matches. Yuvraj will be itching to play against England in India, Where he was man of series last time round, No offense to England, But they do not contain a real threatening spinner and Yuvraj is good against pace, Which England have plenty of.

Dropping Yuvraj would be plain silly IMO. I don't think the likes of Badrinath would be as successful as Yuvraj would be, and Yuvraj has a better strike rate too -- and when he gets going, he is unstoppable. So you can whine as much as you want about him being in the team, But mark my words, he will score big and be a main part of the team.

Considering we are in the Ranji season, I doubt Mumbai will put out a full strength team, which is a shame because I think a full strength team could really test England.

There are better candidates then Yuvraj, people who deserve to be in the team more. Yuvraj got owned in the Challenger Trophy, while the likes of Uthappa, Vijay, Badrinath, etc are doing so much better.
ALL Yuvraj fans bring up those Kitply and Asia Cup stats. But you forget that the bowling in those series were plain CRAP - the likes of Hong Kong, Bangladesh, and even Pakistan didn't have a good bowling attack. The pitches were flatter then pancakes, the par score was 280 for god's sake.

Cant bat, cant bowl and cant field.

So get in Yuvi. :p

Ok. Lets just put it this way. I'd like to see the likes of Badrinath, Uthappa (lol) and Vijay having the same impact as Yuvraj did last time round.

Last quality opposition in India - Pakistan, This is where Yuvraj averaged 68, and don't tell me that Shoaib Akhtar, Umar Gul and Shahid Afridi aren't qaulity bowlers. Player of the series = Yuvraj Singh.

Users who are viewing this thread