India v England 2008

He had a great season in 2007. The peak being the six sixes and towards the end was when Australia came to India. It's been alll downhill from their I feel. He was terrible in the Challenger Trophy at least, it is time to give others a turn.
After one bad season?!

Flintoff cracks up a ton in the warm up game as they score 297/4 in their 50 overs.

KP fails to impress

Belly made 58, good start to his tour, Shah showed his class with 83 and an unbeaten ton from Flintoff. Awesome stuff. If we can bat like this consistently we'll be a force, we did it against South Africa, but we don't normally play well in the Subcontinent. Saying that though, we won our last ODi series in the Sub-Continent, beating Sri Lanka. Nice to see Freddie batting well, he needs to make more centuries.

Yeah Freddie in form with the bat. Great signs for England. Bell again didn't convert. I'm sick of this. Shah just started so i don't really blame him for not getting triple figures. Not a bad scored card to showcase to ben...

I was thinking that, but it's against a nothing attack, so felt it'd be pointless mentioning it. Shah's been around longer than Bell, Shah's 30, Bell's 26. Bell will start to convert soon, he's still developing himself into an ODi opener, he's not been doing it long. He's very Vaughan-esque in his ODi game though, Vaughan never made an ODi century, his top score was 90*. Bell's already got a hundred under his name, but with 15 scores of 50+ he should be going on, he'll come good eventually.

I still believe he'll be leading run scorer in the 2009 Ashes, just a hunch.

Kulkarni is a domestic veteran so he isn't too bad. Past his best but still alright. Saluhke has never played first class cricket (but he won some competition and got into the Rajasthan royals team. I think he played 2 or 3 games). I haven't heard of the rest.

The 'bad boy' of Cricket Star really is an average cricketer and he didn't win. It was the Sikh fast bowler, whose name escapes me, who won. Salunke is not FC level, he is just about okay for T20.

I didn't know Matt Prior was from South Africa. Another foreign player they've stolen.

Good work match from England today.
Good to see some runs from Flintoff and Shah. Pietersen would appear to have struggled but hopefully by the time the ODI's start he'll be back in some form.
Bowling wise Anderson has really pushed his case for a place with 3-15 from 8 overs.
Looking forward to the series hoping that we can atleast make the ODI series go to the last match or win it before then and in the Tests with their only being 2 hoping we can nick the first and apply pressure in the second.
Should be a good sereis can't wait :D

I didn't know Matt Prior was from South Africa. Another foreign player they've stolen.

Prior moved to England when he was 11. He never played any level of cricket for South Africa, represented England in every age group upto Under 19. Also, who else have we "stolen" other than Pietersen?

The 'bad boy' of Cricket Star really is an average cricketer and he didn't win. It was the Sikh fast bowler, whose name escapes me, who won. Salunke is not FC level, he is just about okay for T20.

Sukhvir Singh, I think, he plays the Leicestershire 2nd 11 now as a result, iirc. I recognise Yeliganti too, he was in the Indians team in the IPL.

Sukhvir Singh, I think, he plays the Leicestershire 2nd 11 now as a result, iirc. I recognise Yeliganti too, he was in the Indians team in the IPL.
Yes, it was Sukvir Singh - wow, was he distinctly average.

Yeah, I was distraught when Abbas didn't win, or the other guy who Robin Singh seemed to hate (Karan?). Keeper Prabhu had a good cricket brain too.

Users who are viewing this thread