India v England 2008

If India were serious about winning they should have sent in Laxman or Dhoni at 3, anyone but Dravid.

Surely another win and a 2-0 series win would do more than 1-0 for their quest to be number one in test cricket.

I suppose going all out for the win and then collapsing and losing would make them look stupid, but you don't get to be number one by playing defensively.

Slowcoach added 3 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

Dravid falls for 0 off 19 as the cricketing gods punish India for their neither here nor there tactics.

India has enough runs and they really should think about starting to hit. I don't think England can reach about a 300 runs. Highest runchase at this ground is 144/1, but in this ground only 9 matches were played.

lol what happened with Dravid? he was like "ha my place is safe now i can go back to ducking"

207-3, we have to bowl them out tonight to have any choice, especially with fog tomorrow morning.

England have been far too aggressive, Pietersen's scoring rate was just an affront to the game of cricket and their attempts to take the match to a result are just disgusting.

97415.jpg

why is he wearing those old sweats or w/e those are called? that kit is from lik 2000

If England win this ill post a picture of myself wearing a thong with my unshaved love spuds on display, such is my confidence.

Ok, some ugly tactics and batting from India. If they want to replace the aussies as the best test team then they really need to avoid playing like this. Whats up with Gambhir? Probably a side-effect of batting with Dravid for too long in the first innings...

England have played some very good cricket here, shame it'll probably end in a draw

The tactic from India is to bat England out of the game so that they can win 1-0

For the love of God please please let England lose. I can deal with English celebration ("green tea to celebrate Mr. King Pietersen?" "Now now don't want a tummy ache tomorrow morning do we Mr. The_gas") but thongs:( And a guy :noway

Oh well at least shubhrayu will be happy. Wonder if he'll like your physique...

The tactic from India is to bat England out of the game so that they can win 1-0

yeah mate, but I think they could have continued to score at a decent runrate (especially when Laxman was in). They could now have been thinking of a declaration. Just standing out there to waste time can be quite dangerous.

Sooo....yuvraj is negating my points as I type, time to logout I think

Thanks to Gambhir & Yuvi India back on track..Its Yuvi's home ground,its a big question now when India will declare?and what is a safe score.

Why would then want to declare though? They will want to bat for as long as possible so England can't chase their total down.

India would likely want to launch a small chase for victory. 2-0 is the desirable result that India should have gone into the series aiming for. I'd say 15 overs to score about 80 runs and set England 365 runs to win, in two and a half sessions should be brilliant - it'd put England totally out of the game and create a potential victory if they skittle England.

Users who are viewing this thread