India v England 2008

India would likely want to launch a small chase for victory. 2-0 is the desirable result that India should have gone into the series aiming for. I'd say 15 overs to score about 80 runs and set England 365 runs to win, in two and a half sessions should be brilliant - it'd put England totally out of the game and create a potential victory if they skittle England.

Both Indian batsmen need to race to their 50 tomorow and then put on a few more runs, quickly and then declare. Basically what Manraj said. I think it'll end up a draw as I can't see England wanting to chase over 300 with just over two sessions. They might start attacking but if they lose early wickets, then they'll close up shop for definite.

97415.jpg

why is he wearing those old sweats or w/e those are called? that kit is from lik 2000

Because it doesn't matter. The SAHARA logo is still on the Indian jersey so no problems there.

An interesting stat for you guys.Sehwag had an achievement in the Chennai Test.In that test he hit 4 sixes to get 64 career 6's.This the most no of sixes hit by an Indian.Kapil Dev earlier held the record with 61 sixes.Cheers Viru:happy

^^ Knew it before the Chennai match was flooded with Records :hpraise :clap

score some 350-365 runs quick and Declare the innings.

i have a strong feeling England will defend this and this will end in draw. or who know's they achieve the target :eek: Nah :p

India will play 1 hour and give target of near 350 then it will becomes very difficult to England chase this because of less time and weather but Mohali history shows team batting in 4th innings gets out in 1 or 2 session so India have chance of winning this match. I think spinners will play a big role

England aren't good batting out for draws, as Adelaide 2006 showed, so once India bat England out of the game they should declare and leave England 350 as Colin says with the two mystery spinners to bowl on a wearing pitch on day 5.

Well tomorrow will be boring IMO as soon as we declare. It will only be fun up until the decleration of India's innings with UV, GG and MS hopefully cracking some fireworks for the crowd of Mohali's sake.

We it's inevitable that Fog will interrupt the start of the day so we won't get a full day in so the only results that are possible are an Indian win or a draw. The draw ill be most likely since India will need to bat for at least a session before they'll have a enough runs but as I said, England have been bowled out when trying to block out a draw.

England to win this match, Bell to get a 150 in a frenzied rampage. Also Pietersen will hit the pie chucker in the face then get hit in the ribs and retire injured.

Users who are viewing this thread