India v England 2008

Will D/L come into picture now,if it comes India is ahead.

Wait! The match is just halted?

India need 43 from 9 overs? ?

This is not clear.

England competed this game, good to see. Interesting opening with Bopara, it worked. At least there's improvement. Consistency is always the issue with England though.

There's virtually no chance of the light improving so that will be the end of the game. I'll bring you the official word as soon as I hear something. I wonder why they didn't shorten the lunch break, or why the captains didn't agree to use the floodlights ...

Dhoni didnt agree because, he didnt want to continue playing. because his team is ahead, if D/l comes. plus India have only 2 batsman left who can take india to the end. didnt want to risk it

and KP didnt take it because he wanted India to bat on dark, so they can get wickets and win the match

thats my explanation :D

The light issue was decided by the teams boards, not during the match, or by the captains. It shouldn't be a choice for the sides anyway, if the light is getting worse, you turn the lights on, it should be simple enough. The people that run this game enforce some ridiculous rules, it's very frustrating.

If only one of the teams wanted the floodlights, then there's no way it could have been agreed to.

England should move to court against this, why did those idiots even delay the toss? Freakin morons. Anyway England's batting line up is far more defensive than India's. The only aggressive English batsmen would be KP, Freddie, Shah and lower order, the others are just taking ages get settled and giving their wickets away eventually. On these fast pitches, you need aggressive batsmen like most of the Indian batsmen. I feel England will lose this series 7-0.

Matt Prior is horrible keeeper, he dropped 1 catch and missed 1 stumping. His batting is not that great either.

Actually, the real question is, why are they playing a day game at a ground with floodlights?

Congratulations India,now with 3-0 lead,Eng facing a tough time.Difficult to win 4 on trot from here on for Eng.

Eng lost the series from the moment Yuvi started bat with that black thing around his body

MacLovin added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Ah, that's why it's called Green Park.

ha! good point! nice catch ;)

Actually all sub continent stadiums have floodlights but it just shows how much the boards love the mother earth by not using them :rolleyes:

Okay, so why did Anderson get picked over Harmison? Anderson has been terrible all year in ODIs and must be on the verge of being expelled from the ODI team completely. He's played 19 matches and taken wickets in 7 of them. He's not keeping the runs down either, going at 5.6 an over. Harmy's rarely a miser and probably not one of the best one day bowlers in England, but he doesn't seem to be the worst one day bowler in the squad.

Users who are viewing this thread