India v England 2008

Okay, so why did Anderson get picked over Harmison? Anderson has been terrible all year in ODIs and must be on the verge of being expelled from the ODI team completely. He's played 19 matches and taken wickets in 7 of them. He's not keeping the runs down either, going at 5.6 an over. Harmy's rarely a miser and probably not one of the best one day bowlers in England, but he doesn't seem to be the worst one day bowler in the squad.

I was also surprised to see Harmy dropped over Anderson. I think that this will be rectified in the next match

Okay, so why did Anderson get picked over Harmison? Anderson has been terrible all year in ODIs and must be on the verge of being expelled from the ODI team completely. He's played 19 matches and taken wickets in 7 of them. He's not keeping the runs down either, going at 5.6 an over. Harmy's rarely a miser and probably not one of the best one day bowlers in England, but he doesn't seem to be the worst one day bowler in the squad.

Probably because of Anderson's record in India in the games he's played, got a Test bowling average of 21 in India iirc. Harmison didn't look particularly threatening in the first 2 ODi's either, so I can see why, but I can't see him playing in the next game, Jimmy's not had a good tour thus far.

Probably because of Anderson's record in India in the games he's played, got a Test bowling average of 21 in India iirc. Harmison didn't look particularly threatening in the first 2 ODi's either, so I can see why, but I can't see him playing in the next game, Jimmy's not had a good tour thus far.
Yeah, it's obviously not a world changing swap, that'd be Sidebottom if anyone, but Harmison does still get wickets.

I don't get how this DL method works, anyone care to explain?

Tendulkar and Irfan in for last four ODIs,good to see them back in squad.M Viajy & RP dropped,which was expected.

nikhil_99 added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

I don't get how this DL method works, anyone care to explain?

Not many people know how exactly it is calculated,i hope some one here in planetcricket knows it.

Yeah, it's obviously not a world changing swap, that'd be Sidebottom if anyone, but Harmison does still get wickets.

Sidebottom's not looking likely to play in the ODi series. He's still got that recurring back injury that's been worrying him since July, and actually went to have a back scan earlier this week. Be surprised if he gets back into the ODi side tbh, he's got a good chance for the Test side, maybe not for this series, but I can't see him playing ODi cricket.

Not many people know how exactly it is calculated,i hope some one here in planetcricket knows it.

Many guys must be knowing it. Here I am uploading it for you. Can be found in ICC website.

In my opinion, The method is very good, the only thing it doesn't contain is uncertainties or miracles, for which it is known as funny old game :)

Attachments

• d-l_method.pdf
    51.6 KB · Views: 16
Also, the quality of the batsmen remaining isn't taken into account. Happy that India won, but I would have liked the match to end normally. 3-0 up anyways! :happy:happy

No competition. Drop Yuvraj and Bhajji to make contest more intresting.

Bnagladesh would have given India a better compedetion than England :p England beat South Africa = FLUKE ;)

Shut up Aronveel, remember Australia got beaten 2-0 in the proper form of the game not too long ago, and you got mauled by New Zealand today, so you know, shut it ;)

England are just lulling India into a false sense of security, before turning on the style and winning the next 4 games comfortably. 4-3 to England series victory ;)

Well well Yuvi's 38 today was really very helpful it was because of Yuvi the RR stood up and up :D

I just loved to see Flintoff Sledging the reason behind my excitement, i knew England at this way or the other will lose this ;) Bad Day for the England again!!

Sachin will return in the 4th ODI. R Sharma will be Dropped My Prediction much likely!

Users who are viewing this thread