India v England 2008

India 2nd in ODI Rankings

India's 5-0 victory in the home one-dayers against England last month has helped them close in on second spot in the ICC ODI Championship. South Africa have lost their four-point lead over India but retain second place by a fraction of a point.

Cricinfo - India close in on second spot

India is doing really well,now they are in second position,if India could have managed 6-1 or 7-0 victory they would have been ahead of SA,i guess now they will play ODI's in 2009 in Pak (if at all the tour is not cancelled)

Last edited:
TBH, it is well deserved. The Indian team at the moment is very strong and they are easily better then South Africa. With such a strong top order and a good pace and spin attack, they really do deserve to be second.

The amount of articles that have been posted from Indian newspapers like that one and have been false are too numerous to count. If it's not in any respected newspapers/websites, don't believe it.

The Cricinfo word still seems to be that a security consultant will deliver a report, and then England will make a decision.

According to sky sports, Freds ankles knackered again, England are short of bowlers, Anderson and Sidebum also out so apparently our attack will be Middlesex's because no-one else has a visa. WTF.

It doesn't take that long to get a Visa does it? 3 Days Max?

Yuvi might get a chance in Test series,as he is in good form...

nikhil_99 added 1 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

England and Wales Cricket Board's security adviser Reg Dickason today virtually gave the green signal to Chennai as the venue for the first Test between India and England, saying the organisers have addressed all his concerns.

Chennai gets green signal

Yes,Yuvi will get chance,he will replace Ganguly (not just because both are left handers,but now Yuvi has proved)

If those two ODis were played and if india won them. They would surely have got closer to australia.

Well....

It's a matter of national pride that England go back. We can't end a tour after losing all 5 games.

If we were in the condition of England we would have not come back ! we can't risk players life . it would be really good if England stay back because even f full security is provided the players will not be that casual and easy on ground.

BCCI is really gone mad now the rest tour should be called off

It's a matter of national pride that England go back. We can't end a tour after losing all 5 games.

Safety and how safe the England players feel overrides Englands national pride, I'm not bothered that they lost all 5 games I'm more worried over there safety

Right Safety comes first. they can come back again later next year or something.

It's obviously subject to their assured safety. If what Chetan said is true and they're still discovering new threats, then maybe it's not worth. Some may think that it's 'only sport' but sport what's elevated these individuals to this status. Still, if it isn't safe, there's no point going.

Yes but not confirmed a suspicious bag and RDX 8kg found in CST(Mumbai ) on Platform no.15 .

i say it again BCCI should call this tour off how the hell they feel like playing cricket? why to risk players life?

I feel England should come. If the security says yes, then they should come. This one event will shoot the ego's of the Indian security officials a lot, and for the next few months they will be on very high alert. When they are really alert, not many can crack them down. Their problem is that they get lazy pretty soon and thats why events like Mumbai'08 happens occasionally.

Users who are viewing this thread