India v England 2008

I really hope that this isn't a mistake by the English Cricket Team.

We all saw what happened to the hotel that Australia was suppose to be staying in Pakistan. The bombing of the hotel was at the very same time that the players would've been staying in aswell.

It would be a real shame if Kevin Pietersen happened to be in a hotel at the very same that a bombing occured as the guy has a real shot at being one of the greatest batsman of all time.

The Aussies faced the same risks in 05, as your toured whilst we had the tube bombings. Obviously if any player got injured (or worse) it would be horrific, obviously what I'm about to say is insignificant in relation to a player being hurt, but I'd dread to think of the long term effects on the game as a whole too.

Gahaha so you're suggesting that terrorists have a certain look? Oh my life. How horrifically small minded.

Yes looks very intimidating doesn't he.

Did you see the terrorist from Mumbai plot that survived, had a proper baby face, albeit the guns giving everything away.

The Aussies faced the same risks in 05, as your toured whilst we had the tube bombings. Obviously if any player got injured (or worse) it would be horrific, obviously what I'm about to say is insignificant in relation to a player being hurt, but I'd dread to think of the long term effects on the game as a whole too.
On a non cricket tangent, but it's an interesting point. I was in London that day, not central London but not that far away, I did feel a tiny bit uneasy when driving past buses as I heard the news on my car radio as it unfolded but not really scared and the next day would have happily travelled on the tube if the need had arisen. At no point would I say that I felt scared or in any real danger. Is this because I'm used to London? How do members who live in Mumbai feel I wonder, did they feel any different to how I felt in London that day? Do you think things are worse than they are if you are disconnected? Or were the attacks in Mumbai different to London - Is the situation any different really?

Yes looks very intimidating doesn't he.

he looks like waldo, and we all know what a nut case he was

seriously though, i'm not sure if fans are allowed to watch practice sessions, but I would have expected a security check given the amount of guards deployed for all of this

the smirk on his face almost suggests in itself that he probably wasn't expecting to get through the gate

On a non cricket tangent, but it's an interesting point. I was in London that day, not central London but not that far away, I did feel a tiny bit uneasy when driving past buses as I heard the news on my car radio as it unfolded but not really scared and the next day would have happily travelled on the tube if the need had arisen. At no point would I say that I felt scared or in any real danger. Is this because I'm used to London? How do members who live in Mumbai feel I wonder, did they feel any different to how I felt in London that day? Do you think things are worse than they are if you are disconnected? Or were the attacks in Mumbai different to London - Is the situation any different really?

Mumbai, believe me always bounces back.People are packed the suburban trains like sardines ,the immediate next day after the attacks.
What was heartening this time around that people have become close bound as a result of this attack.People from all walks of life,religious groups have come together.We saw the biggest public movement since the Quit India movement against the British empire in 1942.

Mumbai is like any other megacity of this world. Quite likened to New York to make comparisions.

It might sound like double standards but it's not really - I'd feel much safer in England after a terrorism attack than I would in India, and certainly when you factor in the severity, the attack on Mumbai was a fair bit worse.

The return has its advantages beyond cricket though, it is a clear statement to terrorists that they can not scare us, and that is good.

England's team for the First Test:
Cook
Strauss
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood
Flintoff
Prior
Swann
Harmison
Anderson
Panesar

Amazed Shah didn't get a go. He's been in magnificent form in India, and it's an aberation that Collingwood and Bell get in ahead of him. Apart from that I'm happy with it, good that we've gone with 2 spinners, hopefully Swann'll bowl well.

It makes you really wonder what cricketers have to do to get noticed by the ECB!

Yeh, you'd have thought averaged over 50 in 5 games on the tour so far would warrant a place in the side. Especially considering Bell averaged 21 and Collingwood 16. I'd be happy to see Bell in the side, but surely Collingwood's run his course in International cricket? He's been rubbish for the past year. Get Shah or Bopara in.

And also as the last time we were in India Shah managed to save us by scoring 80 in one of the tests!

Users who are viewing this thread