India v England 2008

Oh dear India, will take a lot of work not to concede a massive first innings deficit.

And the Barmy Army our class. Outsinging India all day. Well done lads.
Now that is support, despite everything still there.
Didn't see it though, our support still>>all though is good to know :D

England will lose this though, this is us after all. Harbhajan will probably get 100 tomorrow. It was good to see Swann do well, Monty needs some pressure on his place, it's easy to churn out ok performances like he has been doing but now hopefully he will have to raise his game.

India were ahead yesterday and now England are. We need to make our advantage count but I can't see it happening really.

When I left my house with India just coming out to bat I was expecting to come home to see England were under serious pressure and the score along the lines of 200 odd for 1/2. I wasn't expecting England to do this well at all. I knew our bowlers were good but the Indian batsmen are probably the best line up in the world. All the bowlers bowled pretty darn good from what I've seen of the highlights. England really need to not allow India to drift tomorrow morning like India let England a bit. If we should be atleast 100 infront by the end of there innings. Looking forward to tomorrows play. Another 4 am start, I have Monday off aswell incase it does go that far. :D

India should get something near to 250 hope Bhajji get's a 50 :D he really comes out with good batting during this type of times

Dhoni is better

Dhoni should look at Brendon McCullum for a way to bat in this situation. Remember the 2nd Test against Australia, New Zealand were certain to lose by an innings but McCullum adjusted his usual style and was there at the end. Dhoni needs to adjust like McCullum did. As an England fan I know the chokers they can be so a good first session tomorrow and India are level.
I feel Dhoni has already played a lot of waiting innings such as in these situations.
He has seen these situations many a times before and has got the team out of trouble.So i feel he doesnt have to see anybody game.Just need to settle a bit and play a patient innings that he always does.

Personally i think that India has ended up depending too much on openers and that is bcoz the the no.3 batsman(Dravid)is seriously out of form.

India need VVS ot Tendulkar at 3.

Personally i think that India has ended up depending too much on openers and that is bcoz the the no.3 batsman(Dravid)is seriously out of form.

India need VVS ot Tendulkar at 3.

I feel the trouble has been that with India as a team batting remarkably well of late Dravid'd consistant poor performances have gone unnoticed, obviously not completely as people have been saying for a while but with the way the match went today the issue was brought to the forefront paticularly.

Hats off to England pulling out a great bowling performance here. I missed most of the day, probably luckily since I'd probably have spent most of it tearing my hair out.

We depend (over-)extensively on our opening pair, and especially Sehwag to give our innings some momentum. Even if he fails (gets about 20-30 odd) he gets them in such quick time that we have at least some runs on the board, and the field is spread a bit. He was kept very quiet early on, and I think that's where England did very well. If you compare that to the starts India got against Australia (ODI-esque) starts, you see why the English have come out solidly on top here.

It seems that Graeme Swann's wickets were somewhat freakish and not in the Mendis vein. I am hopeful that he will not cause us too many problems in the rest of the 3 innings in this series. We really need to put at least 250 on board to keep this within control, or pull out a breath-taking bowling performance.

I'd say England win, draw and Indian win is the probability of events, in order, now, and that's if there is some rain involved.

Great performance by England today. Hats off to them :clap Finally sompetition as well :p.

Not being pessismistic but I knew this was going to happen. I was at school checking the score along with my Indian Friend on Cricinfo. We read live about Gambhir getting out and I made a mad ?1 bet with him that Dravid would get out to Swann in this over as well. I won. He refused to pay up insisting I has some sort of Future Telling powers :p

On the topic of Dravid, As Cricinfo said, Its not a slump anymore - He has to go. Get someone like Badrinath or Raina in. At least they will make some runs. I hope he thinks for the future of Indian Cricket and decides to retire at the end of the series. He just looks like he's going to edge it every ball, apart from when he gives that absolute textbook block which he plays a bit too often and then bogs himself down and get out...:p

As for the match situation, Hoping we can repeat Bangalore 1st innings here, We really need Dhoni, Bhajji, Zaka and even Mishra to chip in - Mind you he's no mug with the bat either. Hope we can reduce deficit to about 70 or 80. I hope Dhoni cashes in here and gets a big score to prove that he's carried on since the Australia series.

Once again well played to England. Zak and Bhajji to repeat Bangalore? Yes Please :)

England will lose this though, this is us after all. Harbhajan will probably get 100 tomorrow. It was good to see Swann do well, Monty needs some pressure on his place, it's easy to churn out ok performances like he has been doing but now hopefully he will have to raise his game.

India were ahead yesterday and now England are. We need to make our advantage count but I can't see it happening really.
Strauss hundred. England safe.

Haha, that's a very good point. Just checked the stats. England have lost 14 of Strauss' 54 Test matches, in which Strauss averages 24 with a top score of 54. He then has 8 Hundreds and 8 Fifties in matches won, and 4 hundreds and 3 fifties in draws, at an average of 49 in wins, and 45 in draws. Having Strauss on form is obviously incredibly important for England, he is a class player, just had a really bad run of form. Hundred in India should give him confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread