India v England 2008

India needs to attack. England wont attack, they look very defensive in their approach (even in the 1st innings) and they look like they will try to take their time to score more runs and bat India out of the game. So India has to attack.. Bring our weapon (Harbhajan) on early and use him well.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

If it dosent rain here,we will certainly have result,its just 3rd day,2 nd session going on,2 inngs are over,with Eng leading by 75 runs,it will very difficult for India to bat last,they need stop Eng by picking wickets.

I doubt the rain anymore... Its been very bright and sunny out there for the past three days with no signs of the cyclone that was expected to hit Chennai.

Good little period for India. We need to press it on. We can restrict them to a chaseable target.

Tea India on comeback road!!!!!!
Masterstroke from Dhoni to bring of Yuvi.
Mishy is in extremely good rhythm.
GO INDIA!!!!!!

Pietersen Yuvi's bunny, anyone? Time to get Bhajji and Mishy operating in tandem.
Indeed. I think we need a new nickname for him. The Terminator? Yes. The Monk and The Terminator. Ripping through sides with bat and ball.

ZoraxDoom added 2 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

India needs to take wickets without giving much run inorder to save this match!!
Thank you Mr. State The Obvious!!

Bhajji to continue...

KP's had a shocker with the bat. Strauss has been awesome though, the only player to find consistency on this pitch. Colly and Strauss need to keep going, if England can get to 250+, maybe 300 then we'll be well and truely in the ascendacy. Cook failed again though :/

With the score at 118-3 England are in a real commanding position now. Strauss hasn't played this well in years, he's looked calm and collected throughout. Collingwood seems to have played himself into some form now, he looked shaky early on but now looks quite set.
England should win this from here now, especially with the pitch playing as it is, this match is a great example as to why bowling friednly pitches are better than retardedly flat ones aswell.

England are looking good at the moment :)

KP isn't in decent form at all. But, good to see Strauss (Im not his biggest fan at all) but he has played some amazing shots, and hes looking good :)

Come on England!

Rain, Rain, don't go away. :p

Is rain forcast?
I think this shows that England have a better bowling attack than Australia, although I still think our batting is weaker.
That said I can still see us losing this game from here (not least cos I have 100k at 10/1 on an England win with vbookie).

The commentators claim that there's going to be no rain in this game.

What has happened to Strauss? He's turned into a gun after a little time off. No-one else has dominated the attacks like he has, he's played his natural game, looked good against Zaheer, and played the spinners very well. If Colly and Strauss hit hundreds England will win. Strauss has to be MOTM here, 2 vital innings when England have capitulated. I thought England lost when Pietersen failed? :p

What has happened to Strauss? He's turned into a gun after a little time off. No-one else has dominated the attacks like he has, he's played his natural game, looked good against Zaheer, and played the spinners very well. If Colly and Strauss hit hundreds England will win. Strauss has to be MOTM here, 2 vital innings when England have capitulated. I thought England lost when Pietersen failed? :p
I wouldn't say he's dominated attacks. He's just played a very tight game. Never really looked like he was on top of the bowlers, but the key is that he didn't give them absolutely anything.

They're somewhat more pessimistic about an England win on TMS. Talking about declaring late enough so that India can't get the runs. I can't see KP doing that - he's a positive captain and he'll back his bowlers to do the job.

Users who are viewing this thread