India V/S Australia 4 test match series - new AI patch(still being tested)

crick4life

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
1st test

Pitch : Normal
Weather : Sunny/Hot

Australia won the toss and decided to bat rightly so. They were off to a very good start and Zaheer was taken apart being hit all over the park. While Hyden was the aggressor, Langer was happy to pick up singles and couple and keep the score ticking. Nehra was introduced to bowl after 10 overs and he looked to find good rythm. Australia by then were cruising at 5 R/O off the first 15 overs. Bad bowling helped them quite a bit but still there was no swing/seam for the faster bowlers. Then Nehra produced a beauty of a yorker right at the off stump moving away just that little. Langer shaped to glance the ball down to leg, got a little touch on the ball just outside off and to his dismay dragged the ball on to the stumps. This was an excellent demonstration of swing bowling and smart bowling;)

From then on it was time to toil away bowling again for India. Harbhajan was surprisingly missing from the attack till lunch as the Indian captain :) thought there was not much spin in the pitch as well. Post lunch session saw introduction of Harbhajan Singh who tied down the run scoring by the Aussies. All other bowers were tried from the other end but they still were going for plenty. Hyden hit some heafty blows over the infield and was looking good for a well made hundred. Hyden connected one on the leg side and hit it well over the fine leg to only find the waiting fielder Tendulkar. Hyden was a touch unlucky but the shot was simply not on with the deep fine leg fielder waiting to catch anything in the air.

That brought Bevan and straight away Tendulkar was introduced from the other end to bowl some wrist spin. There was no magical spell from Tendulkar but he beat Bevan's bat quite often and checked the run flow. Pointing was looking dangerous with just having brought up his fifty with a boundry over mid off. A good change in the shape of Balaji brought an unexpected wicket. Unfortunately a mis hit straight to the extra covers in the air saw the back of Ponting. By now Indians had settled to good rythm and were bowling tight line. Bevan was struggling against Harbhajan all the while and was finding it real hard to time his shots. Then the guile of Harbhanjan sent Bevan back to the dressing room. 3 balls were pitched outside leg with big spin and good pace. Bevan tried glance and couple of sweep shots missing all of it. The next ball from Harbhajan was lot straighter in line with the stumps and lot slower. Bevan completely missed the sweep shot and was plumb in front. This was another patient effort by the Indian bowlers on a not so helpful pitch.

Damien Martyn and now the aggressive Lehmann stedied the ship for the Aussies for a while. Martyn while trying to dominate was not able to pierce the strong ring like field and was scoring rather slowly. At the end of 78 overs new ball was taken and Zaheer replaced Harbhajan Singh. Although Lehmann was scoring runs at ease off Zaheer, he was starting to find his rythm a bit. The wicket of Martyn was an excellent piece of smart bowling. :) After having pitched up 3-4 balls on the off cramping Martyn for shot making, Zaheer brought the Deep fine leg up and placed another fielder at square leg. The next one was a perfect bouncer right on the throat which was very well hit by Martyn but straight to the fielder at short fine leg. That was the end of Martyn for a scratchy 28. The day 2 is very well poised with Lehmann looking good and Gilchrist struggling to play the ball in the last few overs of the day.

All in all a good contest between bat and ball. The field placements were excellent and bowling was pretty good in patches. Australian batting looked pretty good but unfortunately all those who got the starts did not go on to play long innings. Looking forward to the day 2 now.

There was no problem with the new ball thingy, each time I resumed there was an alert prompting me whether I wish to take the new ball or not although it was at the end of 75 overs. Only 82 overs was possible on day 1 and not the stipulated 90. In the last few overs there was long shadows of the light tower on the pitch but only visible after the ball was bowled.:confused:

Have a look at the Australian score card.

Attachments

• aus1stday.jpg
    aus1stday.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 215

crick4life

International Cricketer
Indian bowling card.

Attachments

• indbowling1stday.jpg
    indbowling1stday.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 195

Radaga

International Coach
Ravi, could you please send me the latest patch right now. I know it is not finished yet but i would still like to test it out regardless.

crick4life

International Cricketer
Tim, only the test cricket patch might be fully ready and thats only for HARD mode. If you wish to have a go at it can you please play a test series as a weaker or a moderate test team say Zimbabwe/West Indies/Sri Lanka? Also I have lost your emailid since I rebuilt the pc, can you please post your id in the staff forum. Cheers

squiz

International Coach
Great First Day, It's a pity about Hayden not makin his Hundred, and how come they dont bowl the full 90 overs in a day, looks like another bug. Why is the spin so hard to play in this game?

crick4life

International Cricketer
It wasnt hard to play the spin but its just that when the spinners were on the batsmen were settling down particularly Lehmann, Bevan and Martyn. I have made sure CPU bats very well against the spinners as well although I need to see how they fair on a dusty pitch.

squiz

International Coach
I can never hit shots behind square against spin, i always have to play straight drives and on-drives, it's so annoying when they come on.

Radaga

International Coach
Originally posted by crick4life
Tim, only the test cricket patch might be fully ready and thats only for HARD mode. If you wish to have a go at it can you please play a test series as a weaker or a moderate test team say Zimbabwe/West Indies/Sri Lanka? Also I have lost your emailid since I rebuilt the pc, can you please post your id in the staff forum. Cheers
I have done it
i am going to play as Sri Lanka vs South Africa

Kerry_OKeeffe

Club Captain
The 3.0 and the 3.0a patches dont work for me only the 2.0 does, when i try and patch with the 3.0 or 3.0a
it says , This program cannot update the installed version of Cricket 2004 AI update because of the following reason:
c:\Program files\EA Sports\Cricket 2004\data\cricket_pc.gob: unknown version

But i have already patched it with 2.0 what do i do?

groobz

Club Cricketer
Kerry, I had the same problem, cricket4life released an OG3.0a patch in the A.I thread in the main forum, i think on page 2 or 3, just check its there and works.

Radaga

International Coach
Originally posted by Kerry_OKeeffe
The 3.0 and the 3.0a patches dont work for me only the 2.0 does, when i try and patch with the 3.0 or 3.0a
it says , This program cannot update the installed version of Cricket 2004 AI update because of the following reason:
c:\Program files\EA Sports\Cricket 2004\data\cricket_pc.gob: unknown version

But i have already patched it with 2.0 what do i do?
You are supposed to have the original .gob file installed before you install any updates

squiz

International Coach
Original Gob is the .gob file in the Cricket 2004 directory without any patches or anything edited in it

Users who are viewing this thread