India V/S Australia 4 test match series - new AI patch(still being tested)

An update on the test match I played yesterday. The weather stayed warm and no deterioration to the pitch. It looked a belter with a little bit of spin if anything at all on day 2. After having shard the honors on the first day of the test match both Australia and India were looking forward to the 2nd days game with Lehmann on 72 and Gilchrist on a shaky 3. India very well knew another wicket and the tail would be exposed. India started the bowling with Zaheer Khan and Ashish Nehra. Lehmann was looking in great touch again and creamed the Indian bowlers anything short or full. Also driving down the ground and on the leg side was just great (thanks to me for tweaking each one of the shots carefully this time around, this is one version up from 5.0). Gilchrist on the other hand was a little patient only trying to score of bad balls. Nevertheless Gilchrist was looking very confident with a good night?s rest. Lehmann soon brought up his hundred with a scintillating on drive bisecting mid off and mid on (trick of tweaking the shots). There were couple of leg glances from Lehmann and Gilchrist that were taken from the off and middle stump through midwicket and short fine leg. The scores started to mount fairly quickly as well as the look of worries on the Indian captain. Harbhajan was then introduced into the attack and was greeted gleefully by Lehmann with a huge six over mid wicket coming down the track. Then again Lehmann settled down to pick up singles along with Gilchrist. Another change was made in the form of Balaji replacing Nehra. Balaji bowled tight line and beat Gilchrist couple of times. There was no stopping Lehmann who hit some crispy back foot straight drives (that?s right not just through point area but straight down the ground as well). Just when India was looking down the barrel Lehmann got himself run out. I normally restart the game from the previous saved state but this time around I wanted the wicket desperately and didn?t offer Lehmann another chance at all. This is what you call selected selfishness, Lehmann wasn?t happy but he was the one to be blamed for bad running. Harbhajan simply rocked the lower order with excellent spell of spin bowling. Bichel got out to a huge turner edging one on to the pad and to the forward short leg fielder. Gillispie was out first ball to a wrong one trying to play against the spin scooping an easy catch to the silly point fielder. Gilchrist sensing he will run out of partners soon hit over the infield for some quick runs. Trying one too often he attempted a pull shot which went all wrong and holed it to mid wicket fielder off Harbhajan for 44. That was a well earned 5 for for Harbhajan. Stuart McGill and McGrath started to fight out just that little putting up another 10 runs prompting Gangooly to bring back Zaheer and it paid off right away. Mcgrath edged one to the slips and Australia were bowled out for 412. The session clearly belonged to India who came up trumps notwithstanding the awful run out of Lehmann that pretty much gifted India the session. The Australian lower order hardly did anything to write about and they will need to really put few runs on the board. It was good captaincy and some good catching along with excellent bowling from Harbhajan. Just another 5 overs to go to lunch India were a bit relaxed. I don?t recommend anyone to do the next couple of thing I did which I normally don?t do. Given all the tweaking I had done to make the batting harder I was in for a test. First ball of the inning was straight pitching on the off stump and shaping to move away as seen by the dot inside the ball. Chopra the opener tried the straight drive and found the edge carrying at catchable height straight to 3rd slip. The next man in Rahul Dravid was facing up to a ball moving away pitching on the off stump, I played a cover drive and the ball went straight to the 2nd slip and the score read 0/2. Next in was Tendulkar who was out first ball duck too chasing a wide going ball outside the off stump and hitting straight to the point for a duck. I am sure I lost around 5 wickets in the firs overs for 0 runs all trying to play shots. I thought that was it for the patch and it will need lot of changes. I just gave up my thoughts of changing any more and went straight to the nets to figure out what was wrong with the edges coming so frequently. I then tried in the nets and the result the same edges. Fortunately at that point of time I got a ball bowled on middle and leg and I played a leg glance to see the ball race away. I tried to defend all the balls that were out swingers without any width and I could defend them all quite comfortably. I tried straight drives, leg glance to the balls that were full and either swinging in. I could time the shots very well very often. Anything on the good length/short of good length either I left it alone or defended it without much of an issue.

Now I knew I cant blaze away and also cant afford to tonk every ball. I was happy to be patient and try to score of balls offering width or fairly straight on the leg stumps. Never trying to hit the ones, which were just on, or outside off stump. With the newfound confidence, I went into the test match again from the last saved state with Australia out all out for 412. I concentrated hard and let go lots of balls as well as defend. Chopra played few nice shots off the leg and on the off side off balls offering width. Every once in a while the bowlers bowl an unplayable ball and you simply have to be lucky enough its bowled away from the stumps. Shewag unfortunately got one that pitched on the leg and seamed away towards the first slip taking the edge of the defense offered by Shewag. I wasn?t disappointed with this result as it was a wicket taking ball and not much could have been done about it anyway. India were on 28/1 after 8 overs when I had to finally go to bed, it was past midnight and I was so hooked to it I didn?t want to walk away at all. Batting I think we have found the right combination at last although this will need more test. I tried playing couple of overs against the spinners as well, atm it looks like not only do you need to have skills to play shots but we will need great defensive skills. I have to really hone my defensive shots and also leaving before I start playing again. Tim/Squiz this is the latest version and I did play the 2nd day with Ver 5.0. I will send this to you guys sometime later today. Things are finally looking good and hopefully we will be able to really get the best out of this game if I can believe what I see. Maybe I am bit excited a bit too early and will have to see how I go from now on. One thing is for sure CPU batting is tweaked quite well and the tail isn?t wagging which is good.

Nice, but i quite liked v5.0 patch, the good thing about the patch you just tested is the tail, ive always had trouble getting them out. I try out the new one though to see if it's good.

Originally posted by crick4life
Given all the tweaking I had done to make the batting harder I was in for a test. First ball of the inning was straight pitching on the off stump and shaping to move away as seen by the dot inside the ball. Chopra the opener tried the straight drive and found the edge carrying at catchable height straight to 3rd slip. The next man in Rahul Dravid was facing up to a ball moving away pitching on the off stump, I played a cover drive and the ball went straight to the 2nd slip and the score read 0/2. Next in was Tendulkar who was out first ball duck too chasing a wide going ball outside the off stump and hitting straight to the point for a duck. I am sure I lost around 5 wickets in the firs overs for 0 runs all trying to play shots. I thought that was it for the patch and it will need lot of changes. I just gave up my thoughts of changing any more and went straight to the nets to figure out what was wrong with the edges coming so frequently. I then tried in the nets and the result the same edges. Fortunately at that point of time I got a ball bowled on middle and leg and I played a leg glance to see the ball race away. I tried to defend all the balls that were out swingers without any width and I could defend them all quite comfortably. I tried straight drives, leg glance to the balls that were full and either swinging in. I could time the shots very well very often. Anything on the good length/short of good length either I left it alone or defended it without much of an issue.

Now I knew I cant blaze away and also cant afford to tonk every ball. I was happy to be patient and try to score of balls offering width or fairly straight on the leg stumps. Never trying to hit the ones, which were just on, or outside off stump. With the newfound confidence, I went into the test match again from the last saved state with Australia out all out for 412. I concentrated hard and let go lots of balls as well as defend. Chopra played few nice shots off the leg and on the off side off balls offering width. Every once in a while the bowlers bowl an unplayable ball and you simply have to be lucky enough its bowled away from the stumps. Shewag unfortunately got one that pitched on the leg and seamed away towards the first slip taking the edge of the defense offered by Shewag. I wasn?t disappointed with this result as it was a wicket taking ball and not much could have been done about it anyway. India were on 28/1 after 8 overs when I had to finally go to bed, it was past midnight and I was so hooked to it I didn?t want to walk away at all. Batting I think we have found the right combination at last although this will need more test. I tried playing couple of overs against the spinners as well, atm it looks like not only do you need to have skills to play shots but we will need great defensive skills. I have to really hone my defensive shots and also leaving before I start playing again. Tim/Squiz this is the latest version and I did play the 2nd day with Ver 5.0. I will send this to you guys sometime later today. Things are finally looking good and hopefully we will be able to really get the best out of this game if I can believe what I see. Maybe I am bit excited a bit too early and will have to see how I go from now on. One thing is for sure CPU batting is tweaked quite well and the tail isn?t wagging which is good.

Ravi, you had a shocker!
Early on, anything on the stumps moving away, i just played defencivly and anything really wide i ddin't bother with and just let it go.
After the first 15 overs the ball stopped moving as much and thats when i started to play a lot more aggresive.

This is with the version you posted in the staff discussion

If what you are talking about is another newer one, that sounds great!!! :) :) :)

if you have seen the match squiz and i have been playing, i made 525 and that was really too much, it isn't against a human opponent but it would be too much against the CPU.

and would you please upload the patch because hotmail automatically blocks your patches, because they are an unknown format.

Cheers,:cool:

Also to make batting really harder I use a different exe which masks the cursor till the last minute. This makes it even more challenging and I can normally slog with such set up. You can make the game as hard as possible but with the option available to move around inside the crease before the ball is bowled simply nullifies it. It is more of a challenge when you dont really know where the CPU is going to bowl till the last minute ala Cricket 2002 patch style.

The above one happenned with the latest changes, you guys still dont have it yet. I will post it here sometime later.

Australia's batting card.

Attachments

• aus inning.jpg
    aus inning.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 130
India's bowling card

Attachments

• india bowling.jpg
    india bowling.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 98
Australia's batting stats

Attachments