joedoe21's Tri-Nation series *{AUSvsBANvsWIN}*

joedoe21

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
No, it wasn't a good win at all. I only won because of the run out bug.... so I don't think I'll be setting a custom field anymore, though I think it only occurs to the mid on and mid off fielders.

joedoe21

Club Cricketer
Tri-Nation Series - Australia VS Bangladesh VS West Indies

SECOND FINAL (Australia lead final series 1-0)
Australia VS Bangladesh

MATCH INFORMATION
  • Dusty Pitch
  • Sunny Weather
  • Mild Temperature
  • 50 Over Match
  • Medium Difficulty

SQUAD
Hayden
Ponting
Bevan
Lehmann
Martyn
Gilchrist
Harvey
Bichel
Gillespie
Macgill
McGrath

MATCH REPORT
A large crowd gathered at the Sydney Cricket Ground for the second final in this Tri-Nation series, and were delighted to see once again, Australia batting first. Hayden faced the first ball on this dusty pitch and was decieved by the bounce and was caught first ball trying to play a cover drive. Next ball Ponting smashed a boundary and seemed as if he was in for the long haul, but was run out next delivery going for the second run. It was now Bevan's turn and was bowled by a perfect yorker and Australia were in trouble at 3/18. A solid partnership of 88 between Lehmann and Gilchrist set up the Australian innings, and a brilliant partnership of 99 between Gilchrist and Harvey gave Australia a new hope in this game. Australia were all out for 245. Gilchrist top scored with 91, and a great inninngs by Harvey(45) and Lehmann (41).

Bangladesh started off well, as the opening batsmen scored 27 runs between them until Javed Omar was out caught in the covers by McGrath bowled Gillespie. The wickets just kept falling from here, with 6 bastmen getting run out. A solid partnership between Kapal and Hassain kept them within a mathamatical chance, but an effortless catch by Bichel in the outfield sealed the match up, and Australia won by 119 runs. A marvelous series by Australia, who remain undefeated for year 2004.

joedoe21

Club Cricketer
SPOILER - Splash screen of winning world series shown
SPOILER
This picture came out really well from the TV screen.

Attachments

• 116-1659_img.jpg
    116-1659_img.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 32

squiz

International Coach
Well Done on winnings your World Series, and Great Report. Are you sure you're not using custom fields? Coz there were heaps of Runouts

joedoe21

Club Cricketer
Yeah, I was using custom fields for that game. I won't be using them again though, and if I do, it will only be to put in a gulley, so the run out bug shouldn't have any effect.

Users who are viewing this thread