2003 World Championship (Hard)

joedoe21

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey, do you watch the matches? Also if you chose to watch the matches in the options, but during a series (for example) you decide you don't want to watch a particular match, can you skip the computer match? Or are you stuck watching all the matches if you chose to 'watch' computer matches.

squiz

International Coach
Before the last match i have Skip CPU Matches, and for that match i actually watched it. I chanced it back to skip now

squiz

International Coach
2003 World Championship Final

West Indies vs Australia (User)

MATCH INFORMATION

• Dusty Pitch
  • Warm Weather
  • 10 Over Match
  • Hard Difficulty
SQUAD
M. Hayden
A. Gilchrist
R. Ponting
A. Symonds
D. Lehmann
M. Bevan
I. Harvey
S. Warne
C.White
S MacGill
G. McGrath

MATCH REPORT
Brian Lara won the toss and elected to bat on a Dusty Pitch and a lightning fast outfield. The West Indians couldn't take advantage of this fact and were restricted by the ever so economical Harvey and the newly found form of Glen McGrath. McGrath's bowling outside off stump on a good length, and Harvey bowling very straight just stumped the opening batsmen, losing their first wicket of Chris gayle from a Ian Harvey yorker, and Wavell Hinds following suit being bowled off a ball angling into him. More mayhem for West Indies when Ramnaresh Sarwan was caught in front of the stumps from a good Inswinger from Harvey, West Indies at this stage were 3/9 and were looking in real trouble. After the openers had their spell Warne was introduced into the attack taking affect straight away picking up the wicket of Marlon Samuels. But Warne was very expensive with Brian Lara hitting him to all corners of the ground. Jacobs and Lara were the only two batsmen to step up to the task and made a 24 runs partnership to finish of the innings. Their final score was 5/61 and on a good batting pitch wasn't good enough.

More discomfort for the West Indian fans with Mervyn Dillon misfielding the first delivery and the result was a boundary for Matthew Hayden. Hayden was on fire hitting 2 boundaries and a big six over long on, and only a great piece of bowling could of stopped him. Collymore delivered this and Hayden was cleaned bowled for only 14 runs. The batsman to replace him was Ricky Ponting and he was a suitable replacement hitting his way to 28*, the biggest score of the game. The measly total of 62 was reached in only 5.2 overs by an eligant late cut courtesy of Adam Gilchrist. The "Man of the Match" was given to Ian Harvey for figures of 2/5 of 2 overs. And Australia the defending champions of the cup, defend it successfully and keep it for another four years till the 2007 World Championship.

Player of the Championship
CONTENDERS:
? Graeme Smith (RSA) {BAT}
Runs: 269
Average: 67.25
HS: 41

? Craig McMillan (NZ) {BAT}
Runs: 234
Average: 39.00
HS: 45

? Chris Gayle (WIN) {BAT}
Runs: 236
Average: 29.50
HS: 50

? Ian Harvey (AUS) {BOWL}
Wickets: 22
Average: 6.18
Strike Rate: 5.73
Best Bowling: 4/8

? Stuart MacGill (AUS) {BOWL}
Wickets: 17
Average: 9.06
Strike Rate: 6.00
Best Bowling: 3/8

? Jacques Kallis (RSA) {BOWL}
Wickets: 15
Average: 10.33
Strike Rate: 7.20
Best Bowling: 4/18

The Player of the Championship was awared to Ian Harvey from Australia for his allround efforts during this World Championship. He averaged 2 wickets a game for 11 games and averages 29 runs per innings with a highest score of 28.

joedoe21

Club Cricketer
Fantastic win! Well done on winning the final. What do you plan to play now?

Also that last screenshot should of been marked as a spoiler.... now I know what the splash screen is when you win the world cup (not that I really care).

Users who are viewing this thread