India v West Indies ODI Series 2011

aayush93

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah you should pick your team with those things in mind, however, reserves are for injured players, not because they've been dropped or rested.

in my views reserve player are for forced change. When We pick a player from squad and if he doesn't play few matches then its our fault as we have made wrong prediction. But if player is replaced from Squad after series has started then fantasy manager should get chance to replace their player especially when 40% (2 matches) of game is still left.

Umesh yadav has scored 113 points and i don't think my reserved player will score more than 113-120 points. So it won't effect my score much even if umesh is not replaced but i feel sorry for the guy who has pick Umesh as Captain.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
If Yadav is someone's captain, the replacement would take over that role if switched. That person could then decide whether it's more beneficial to keep Yadav, or take the replacement.

In my case I have Gambhir as captain, who will be on -28 points after last night's game is scored. If he was rested/dropped and I could sub him out, I would then get Jadeja and 244 points + double what he scored last night.. I don't think that's fair.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Well, I've heard from the staff and they say it's fine. So, get Yadav replaced if you want to.

Addy

National Board President
Doesn't matter if Yadav gets replaced or not, but Aayush's team has done enough to be on one number 1 spot. ;)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Yadav isn't injured and we're past halfway in the series.. two reasons why he shouldn't be replaced I think.

Halfway mark is 2.5 so rounding up it's taken as 3 so the start of the 4th ODI is the deadline. This is a tricky situation one which I haven't seen before. For this case since he has been sent out early and it has been confirmed he will take no further part in the series, I'll allow it for this case. However if the player was dropped then no replacements would have been allowed.

This isn't ideal and we are looking at upgrading the Fantasy script which hopefully will fix this problem.

Addy

National Board President
Your player can not be replaced if he's rested or thrown out. :facepalm Can we have Sylvester's say on this matter.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India

aayush93

Club Cricketer
If Yadav is someone's captain, the replacement would take over that role if switched. That person could then decide whether it's more beneficial to keep Yadav, or take the replacement.

In my case I have Gambhir as captain, who will be on -28 points after last night's game is scored. If he was rested/dropped and I could sub him out, I would then get Jadeja and 244 points + double what he scored last night.. I don't think that's fair.

then thats your good prediction. You basically picked Jadeja as reserve because you thought there was no better replacement than him as WI lacks quality batsman and jadeja bowls also.
Gambhir is a class and consistent player and its unfortunate that he has not scored.
When i picked Rohit as my captain, then i took the huge risk as he bats at 5 and if gambhir or sehwag would have fired then he might have not got chance to bat only.

You also have some good points and i think i also some valid points.

This Fantasy cricket is awesome but i think it still lacks some feature and due to missing feature this issue has been created.

1. There should be value for each player.
2. Transfer System. (eg: 20 transfers for series, so manager can change player for each match.)

----------

Doesn't matter if Yadav gets replaced or not, but Aayush's team has done enough to be on one number 1 spot. ;)

you are second. Things can change easily if India top-orders fire and specially gambhir.

i have a feeling that ton from gambhir is just around the corner. His one of those player who scores runs when people start raising fingers on him or opposition bowler says something to him.

Last edited:

Addy

National Board President
well I don't have him in my XI that is why I m enjoying second spot until now :p But another century by Kohli can certainly do it for me! also he needs to bowl and take some wickets as well to make it possible :D

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Last edited by a moderator:

Addy

National Board President
Swacker, there were couple of R.Sharma playing this match, Rohit Sharma the Batsman & Rahul Sharma the bowler. I hope you haven't amalgamated their Runs & wickets :spy

----------

BTW I didn't expect to retain Second Spot. :p

Users who are viewing this thread