India Vs Australia 2007/8 Race Row

Status
Not open for further replies.
Symonds if of Afro-Carribean origin if anyone is wondering.

So, calling someone of Afro-Caribbean origin a `monkey` is racist but If I call an Indian/Pakistani or a European as a `monkey`, it is`nt !

You can't racially abuse Hayden or Ponting because they're Australian.

Correct me if Iam wrong, are`nt the aboriginal tribes considered to be the original Austalian inhabitants ?
Are`nt the `white` Australians originally from Europe ?

Last edited:
So, calling someone of Afro-Caribbean origin a `monkey` is racist but If I call an Indian/Pakistani or a European as a `monkey`, it is`nt !
Yes! Its because people of Afro-Caribbean have different facial features to Indians, Pakistanis or Euros.

Correct me if Iam wrong, are`nt the aboriginal tribes considered to be the original Austalian inhabitants ?
Are`nt the `white` Australians originally from Europe ?
Yeah. And?

Yeah, some of the Indians just love to pick at everything.

Yes! Its because people of Afro-Caribbean have different facial features to Indians, Pakistanis or Euros.

Yeah. And?

I know he's neither one of those, but Ponting looks like a chimp (no racism intended at all).

Yeah, some of the Indians just love to pick at everything.
There insecure about something. I really don't understand it still...

I know he's neither one of those, but Ponting looks like a chimp (no racism intended at all).
What was the point in saying this???? Its like me saying your entire team is a midget army...

I cannot believe that Bhajji would have abused Symonds. He's a chirpy guy, but not offensive like that.

If the Aussies didn't make it up, then I think there's a misunderstanding... If Bhajji did it he's got to be punished.

Tell me another thing: why is Symonds always involved in all this racism thing?
Are you serious? Tell me you aren't blaming Symonds for being racially abused by Indian fans and possibly a player too?

I wouldn't put it past Harbhajan, I won't accuse him of anything but I certainly believe the players, if they say he did it then that is evidence that he did it. It's not a winner, but it's something.

The truth is, the ICC has labelled monkey chants racist through Herschelle Gibbs being suspended for calling Pakistani fans a bunch of monkeys. Now whilst I wasn't one to call that racist, I am convinced that the intent of Harbhajan, if he said it, was racist, due to association with the fans who did the same thing.

And as for this stupid discussion about Ricky Ponting - stay on topic please.

Yes I am serious. Does that answer your question?

I don't believe Ricky Ponting like you seem to.

I don't have to either. I doubt whether the Indian media or the Inquiry will believe the Australian players either without concrete proof. Certainly neither umpire heard the abuse themselves.

Harbhajan's an idiot. How someone who wears a piece of clothing that represents their religion and then go and be racist to someone else is beyhond me. By all rights, going into another country then his going to be a target towards racisim.

I cannot believe that Bhajji would have abused Symonds. He's a chirpy guy, but not offensive like that.

If the Aussies didn't make it up, then I think there's a misunderstanding... If Bhajji did it he's got to be punished.

Tell me another thing: why is Symonds always involved in all this racism thing?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps because he's the only non-white in the Australia team? It's very hard to be racist to a white man because its not taken seriously.

Harbhajan's an idiot. How someone who wears a piece of clothing that represents their religion and then go and be racist to someone else is beyhond me. By all rights, going into another country then his going to be a target towards racisim.

Before calling him an idiot.Let them prove that he was involved in any racist remark first.

You are an even bigger Idiot.:p:p Mind it ...before calling anybody anything.....

Hogg's an idiot. Why would a prat like him verbally and invidiously abuse another player.

http://inhome.rediff.com/cricket/2008/jan/06hogg.htm

He is supposed to have called a player "*******" among other things. I don't know how heavy a connotation that term carries in Australia, but it is one of the worst things you could call someone in India. I hope he is banned if he is found guilty.

Edit: PC starred the term. It was b-a-s.....you get the drift.

I didn't realise people still got charged for abusive language? Swearing gets thrown around in test matches from player to player pretty often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread