India

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yousuf Pathan would be an option in couple of years. he will get better from Shane Warne in IPL.

but dont see that happening. Dhoni is the best choice, he is one of the best Indian skipper (with all due respect to Ganguly)

WHAT??? Did I hear that properly? Yusuf PATHAN?

I would be surprised if Yusuf Pathan survives farther than the 2011 World Cup as an Indian international player. He is a very ordinary player (his brother Irfan is a better batsman, and Irfan too isnt great shakes as a batsman). One match Yusuf gets a good crucial blitzkrieg type innings, and then next game he gets out very cheaply. He is a pure slogger. He wont survive much when he starts playing sensibly because that doesnt come to him. And he cant keep slogging often because bowlers will sort him out sooner.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
i said it because he is gona hang out with Warne a lot...

dont start jumping on me now...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
i said it because he is gona hang out with Warne a lot...

dont start jumping on me now...

I am not jumping on you. I just cant see Yusuf survive in the team for too long. We have far better talents out there in India and it will be a matter of time before Yusuf makes way for them.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Hey Dhoni came into the International scene as a slogger, look where he is now.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Yeah, but Dhoni had fantastic knocks like his 140 odd against pakistan and his 180+ against Sri Lanka. Yusuf only has and will only have quick 20s, 30s, and at best 50s to his name.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Yeah, but Dhoni had fantastic knocks like his 140 odd against pakistan and his 180+ against Sri Lanka. Yusuf only has and will only have quick 20s, 30s, and at best 50s to his name.

That's his job, I suppose. There's not much else you can do at his position. He's not done a bad job so far so no reason to drop him yet.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
That's his job, I suppose. There's not much else you can do at his position. He's not done a bad job so far so no reason to drop him yet.

We are not talking about dropping him. The debate is about whether Yusuf Pathan makes a promising and potential future India captain and I feel Yusuf at his current form doesnt look very likely to survive for long. Right now, he easily survives with those 20's and 30's knock. But in future, he might have to do more. Also he could also contend with loss in form which is very likely for a player like him who doesnt have much of a technique.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
One thing that did make me LOL, was that he said once (I think it was in an interview/article), that he wanted to break into the Test Side by next year...:p

Time will tell.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
We are not talking about dropping him. The debate is about whether Yusuf Pathan makes a promising and potential future India captain and I feel Yusuf at his current form doesnt look very likely to survive for long. Right now, he easily survives with those 20's and 30's knock. But in future, he might have to do more. Also he could also contend with loss in form which is very likely for a player like him who doesnt have much of a technique.

Lol, captaincy and Yusuf Pathan shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence, really. First, He's not endowed with any special brilliance, just some hitting power. Second, he's not given any real responsibility as a slogger so adapting to captaincy would be one very tough change. Third, all rounders should never be captains as they have enough to focus on as it is. Fourth, I agree with you that he shouldn't be captain in that he's been riding on the successes of our top order. When they begin to lose form, I doubt he will be able to put his hand up and step upto the plate as a versatile or malleable batsman. Many will disagree but I think Ravindra Jadeja will soon be the best option.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Five years hence, Virat Kohli the "fukra" will be captain of team.

fukra = guy who thinks he is above all

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Five years hence, Virat Kohli the "fukra" will be captain of team.

fukra = guy who thinks he is above all

That's why I like him. I think his arrogance makes him a better player. Hopefully he can carry on the great work in domestic cricket this season. He's already got a solid record with an average of 50 in both FC and List A cricket.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Arrogance doesn't make anyone a better player, would probably end up having adverse effects on him as time goes on.

You need to have your feet on the ground to be successful.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Arrogance doesn't make anyone a better player, would probably end up having adverse effects on him as time goes on.

You need to have your feet on the ground to be successful.

You're just saying that 'cos you don't like Virat Kohli and you know it. It adds flair and aggression to your game, allowing you to get on top of the bowler. Look at KP's record... Arrogance doesn't obliterate sense, you know... Everyone calms down as they get older but it's good to see such confidence in youngsters.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Nah I like Kohli. But arrogance, doesn't matter who it is, is always going to hurt you. Just take a look at Sachin, he is truly above all but doesn't show it in his attitude.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
That's why I like him. I think his arrogance makes him a better player. Hopefully he can carry on the great work in domestic cricket this season. He's already got a solid record with an average of 50 in both FC and List A cricket.

Arrogance doesnt always make you a better player. In fact for a majority of the time, it always works against the player. When you think you're above all, you bring in all your attitude to the dressing room, rubbing people the wrong way and when its not your day, you wont find the right support and soon you will end up in the dustbin.

Hope Virat doesnt go that way. Yuvraj used to be similar, but now he seems to have sorted himself.

Users who are viewing this thread