India

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
does Dhoni have any thing against Ojha and Kumar? or even D. Kartick?

they could have easily played some bench players.

could have rest GG or Rohit and opened with Kartick.

Kumar in place of Y. Pathan (i bet Kumar could have done what Pathan did today, or could have done that playing even better and good looking shot)

Ojha in place of Sharma.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
does Dhoni have any thing against Ojha and Kumar? or even D. Kartick?

they could have easily played some bench players.

could have rest GG or Rohit and opened with Kartick.

Kumar in place of Y. Pathan (i bet Kumar could have done what Pathan did today, or could have done that playing even better and good looking shot)

Ojha in place of Sharma.

I felt it was Dhoni's statement in the last game that there was no problem with the selection. Also he played the same team to treat the game as an important one. Did you see the way he came out to run for Harbhajan Singh inspite of it being a dead rubber game and India were staring at yet another defeat and it was time to go back home? Dhoni was making his own statements.

I feel this guy does his thinking very clearly. Sometimes his decisions wont work. But most of the time, it will work. He stands by his decisions and also he is committed till the end and does what is best (he was the best runner in the team and so he brought himself in for Bhajji). Hope the media and the fans leave him to do his work. He will definitely start winning games again for India.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I felt it was Dhoni's statement in the last game that there was no problem with the selection. Also he played the same team to treat the game as an important one. Did you see the way he came out to run for Harbhajan Singh inspite of it being a dead rubber game and India were staring at yet another defeat and it was time to go back home? Dhoni was making his own statements.
He played with a team that was wrong to start with, and that wasn't the strongest team we could draw from our squads. It's time Dhoni learns to accept that he can make mistakes, instead of blaming the batsmen for all our losses. Not trying a decent bowler like PK (especially given the conditions), not bowling the successful bowlers for their full quotas are all questions that Dhoni needs to think about. They weren't caused by poor batting, they were caused by going by a gut instinct instead of by logic. Sure, the gut instinct is what makes you a good captain, but you have to learn to balance the gut and brain.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
He played with a team that was wrong to start with, and that wasn't the strongest team we could draw from our squads. It's time Dhoni learns to accept that he can make mistakes, instead of blaming the batsmen for all our losses. Not trying a decent bowler like PK (especially given the conditions), not bowling the successful bowlers for their full quotas are all questions that Dhoni needs to think about. They weren't caused by poor batting, they were caused by going by a gut instinct instead of by logic. Sure, the gut instinct is what makes you a good captain, but you have to learn to balance the gut and brain.
Not only that, but batting for 11 off 23 balls didn't help his team's cause at all either..

naresh091

International Cricketer
Oops we Indians are made to look like morons these days cos of a small bunch of fools.

Last edited:

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Ojha, Irfan?

Our middle order needs a reality check. We rely way too much on Yuvi.

I was there, gutted.

Ojasvi99

School Cricketer
India's poor performance in T20 WC 2009

What do u think about Indian Team?
To whom will u blame for India's poor performance in T20 WC?

My ans : I think Dhoni should be blamed for it bcoz of the following:

1. Wrong Batting Order
2. Wrong team selection
3. Playing T20 like a test match
4. Misfielding and missed run out chances
5. Didn't allowed good bowlers to complete their 4 overs

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This can be discuss in India thread,there is no need of creating a new one.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Option three for me, India should of gone off after 20 overs.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
All I was saying is that the Indian woman cricket team is doing well.
I wasn't insult anyone.:confused:
well India can hope they do well in 2 years time for the World Cup

Not 2 years, just 9 months before the next event in the CArribean.
To be honest, Iam waiting for the ICC Champions Trophy in SA later this year more than that one. Its been a while since the last Champions trophy and the format is really crisp. Plus, its an ODI event. We`ve had like 59 (IPL games) + 25(World T20 games) of T20 cricket in 2 months. A bit too much now.

Time for some quality cricket in the other formats of the game in the Ashes and the Champions Trophy.

Last edited:

naresh091

International Cricketer
Im looking forward to it aswell.We have a golden chance winning it if we have all our star performers back.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
The reaction back home has been better this time. Its just that these news channels don`t realize that a T20 defeat has little bearing on your fate as a ODI and test side.
They have conveniently forgotten how this team has won 18 out of the last 21 ODIs (all of the 3 lost games were dead rubbers) and our successes in test cricket have all come under the same captain.
A couple of T20 defeats and they are calling him and the team a failure. T20 seems to have thrown up some sort of a trend.
Start from the T20 WC 2007, India were massive underdogs and went on to win. IPL 2008 again saw the Royals win and no one gave them a chance at the start. IPL 2009 saw two teams finishing at the bottom in 2008 reach the finals. In the T20 WC 2009 again we have seen two sides not considered to be favorites reach the final. Even in the English T20 Cup, a different side has won it every year.

Shows that there are no favorites in T20, at least they do not win tournaments in T20.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread