India

Enough guys, its gone, its the yesterday. I'm saying this to all, whether be supporting the English, the Indians, anyone,

The margin of people doing those "effigy's" is VERY VERY low, as someone said they're people who have basically nothing to do and are cracked skulls, and the margin of people on PC is EVEN LOWER, so please stop forming opinions of the population of entire countries based on a few posters here, and I'm talking both sides here!

We're all here to discuss the game, to enjoy it, the game we all love, but we certainly didn't come in a ICC World T20 forum to argue about slums!

Kshitiz_Indian added 2 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

King Cricket and Ollie, I don't see why both of you are making an issue out of some high adrenaline, less thought of posts really. This stuff is passable! There are a lot more issues between countries than to start fighting about Cricket also!

So erm.... the IPL was a perfect warm-up for the T20 WC, right? And Pakistan will lose out from not appearing in the tournament and will probably not even get into the Super 8's. :rolleyes:

All the media reports of the players praising the IPL for "perfectly" preparing them for the T20 WC, blah blah blah, and now this :p

Kirsten: IPL hurt us - Cricket - Sportal Australia

Yep, the IPL was too short, so that's why India failed at the WC :p

Anyway, my rant here is done.

So erm.... the IPL was a perfect warm-up for the T20 WC, right? And Pakistan will lose out from not appearing in the tournament and will probably not even get into the Super 8's. :rolleyes:

All the media reports of the players praising the IPL for "perfectly" preparing them for the T20 WC, blah blah blah, and now this :p

The IPL DID prove to be a good warmup. Yusuf Pathan, Rohit Sharma, Yuvraj, Praghyan Ojha, all struck form during that period, and maybe more. I don't know what's wrong with Kirsten but I haven't read the article yet.

Just the 2 matches we lost for whatever reasons doesn't mean that the IPL didn't work.

Glad your rant over here is done.

The IPL is perfect preparation for this WC. Who knows, had Pakistan players participated in the IPL, they might not have lost to England and might have been unbeaten in the tournament till now (they lost by only 19 runs to SL).

Kirsten is right in that the injuries picked up in the IPL by the Indian players hurt the team. He didnt say that playing in the IPL hurt the players from performing well for the country. The non-stop cricket that the players played before the IPL was a big reason. There are a lot of players who felt the IPL helped them. For example, the likes of Ravi Bopara, Gayle, Bravo, De Villiers, Kallis, etc have all done well in this tournament continuing their good form from the IPL.

India were at an advantage in the experience department because all their players played the IPL. If India didnt perform well, it was due to the collective non-performance in the tournament and the fact that their key players were injured. And Pakistan are going ahead because they have been at the right places and have done well.

Try better next time!

The IPL DID prove to be a good warmup. Yusuf Pathan, Rohit Sharma, Yuvraj, Praghyan Ojha, all struck form during that period, and maybe more. I don't know what's wrong with Kirsten but I haven't read the article yet.

Just the 2 matches we lost for whatever reasons doesn't mean that the IPL didn't work.

kshitiz, its about the mental and physical fatigue they carried over to england after playing back to back matches for 2 months.
many of them carried niggles and stuff which proved costly during the match.

india failed not because ultra violet or Cool as a cucumber didnt fire but because NOBODY FIRED !! no proper running between the wickets, no partnerships, horrible shot selections, crappy fielding etc to start off with !!
their body language was down even before they started playing.....

kshitiz, its about the mental and physical fatigue they carried over to england after playing back to back matches for 2 months.
many of them carried niggles and stuff which proved costly during the match.

india failed not because ultra violet or Cool as a cucumber didnt fire but because NOBODY FIRED !! no proper running between the wickets, no partnerships, horrible shot selections, crappy fielding etc to start off with !!
Yes I know there is a bit of mental and physical stress, but I'm sure we've played in denser situations than this.

Your point about not firing is partly valid - valid for people like Dhoni, Gambhir, etc. I won't blame Rohit Sharma, he's been good, so has been Yuvraj and the Pathan brothers. There have been partnerships, and running between the wickets was although not very good, it was good enough to have driven us to a win, barring other factors.

The other factors were basically team selection and decisions during the match. I don't know who is exactly the person responsible for team selection but the decision to drop Ojha / Pathan for Ravindra Jadeja was horrible. Dropping two in form people for a half-bat / half-bowl. Pathan could have been a much better batsman AND a bowler, shown by his recent form.

Next up was decisions, now I don't know what on earth was Dhoni upto, he gave overs to Ishaant while keeping RP with 1 over left, and in the windies match he had Pathan with 2 overs for 9 and Zaheer for similar figures but he gave overs to Ishant and Harbhajan, both going for 16 odd and 15 odd respectively. I can understand about Bhajji, but Ishant has been a failure in this tournament, and nothing special in the IPL, what on earth!

There were a lot more but probably are out of scope of this thread and besides, there's no point wasting energy because none of the responsible people are listening to this.

But my point is, as highlighted above the fatigue from the IPL's gazillion matches.

Also, the Pakistan team participated in warm-up matches within the squad and training camps together, while the Indians played for their respective Indian IPL teams.

I think the South Africa match will be a good indication of whether this is just "bad luck" or whether the IPL really did hurt the Indians. However, from Kirsten's comments, I bet Lalit Modi is coming up with a press release about how Kirsten is an inadequate coach who needs to be fired.

I'm slightly disappointed though; I wanted to face India in the final (and actually win this time).

As an Aussie fan I know how you guys feel. I think our team was good on paper, it just didn't fire. Did well in the warmups, but not the real stuff. What can you do?

At least India got to last a bit longer due to the easier group A.

I think the South Africa match will be a good indication of whether this is just "bad luck" or whether the IPL really did hurt the Indians. However, from Kirsten's comments, I bet Lalit Modi is coming up with a press release about how Kirsten is an inadequate coach who needs to be fired.

South Africa game doesn't mean anything and certainly won't prove anything. There is nothing to play for. Indians will say pride, South Africans will say their winning streak, but no one really cares about the result apart from those having a bet.

zMario said:

As said above the SA match means absolutely nothing, infact players will be down in spirit compared to before!

I'll pick which side I'm supporting after the result of the NZ v SL game. If we're #1 in the table, go SA. If we're #2, go India and thrash / rape / exterminate South Africa :)

I'm sure the South African players will argue that the IPL certainly helped them. In particular, one bloke named Jacques Kallis who wouldn't have been in his team if it hadn't been for the IPL. Steyn, Kallis, Morkel, ABdV, Duminy were all successful during the IPL and are the key components of the South African championship effort right now. The fact that they played the IPL at home and weren't there as touring cricketers probably helped relieve the stress of playing more cricket immediately after playing Australia home and away in consecutive tours.

The IPL fatigued our players. Though still, it did help our boys in some ways, and did prove to be a good warm-up tournament for us. And talking about other nations, the IPL helped them a lot. Kallis, Bravo, etc etc- they took this opportunity with both hands- and see where they are now.

Coming to today's match. It's a pride game, and if we lose this- we'll finish last. If we win, second to last. And on the other hand, the Saffas win, they top the group, lose- and they finish second. So, both the sides will remain pretty charged up. Still, Go India! :happy

Hay the Indian Womans are in the semi finals so I am sure you should be happy by that

What you mean be happy by that? :rolleyes: India has lost it's place in the T20 tournament due to some of it's own bad decision, not that the opponent was a match winning side. the first ever bowl out, the "Misbah Shot" remember something?

What you mean be happy by that? :rolleyes: India has lost it's place in the T20 tournament due to some of it's own bad decision, not that the opponent was a match winning side. the first ever bowl out, the "Misbah Shot" remember something?

WTF is wrong with you man. He wasn't even talking about that. You make the rest of us look bad.

Users who are viewing this thread