Indian Cricket League(ICL)

How do you rate the fielding standards in ICL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Superstars are finding the groove. That pitch in Hyderabad is belter. I wanna bat there.

Michael Bevan said it was the last match he was ever going to play.

Good cameo knock by him (20 odd of 8 or 9 balls). Just what the superstars needed in the last couple of overs.

that was amazing batting from Hasan Raza for the Lahore Badshahs!!
but he finish on 98*:( just 2 runs short of the first centry in the ICL.

Is there no relegation system ? Maybe there should be,the Mumbai..well..err...Champs you call them,would be the first.

There's only one division, so where are you gonna relegate them into?

:p

Lahore Badshahs are an International side and have no business in the ICL.

I suppose the only factor is bringing in the crowds with all those stars. But I still feel that these Pakistani players could have been distributed equally to the other teams instead of bringing them all together.

It's unfair in the sense that many of them have, till recently, been playing at the highest level and the bunch of Indian youngsters in the ICL are clearly intimidated by the Pakistani stars.

I suppose we need to wait for other "International" sides to come up to even things out -- e.g. Colombo Conquerors, Dhaka Destroyers and so on ;)

Last edited:
Lahore Badshahs are an International side and have no business in the ICL.

I suppose the only factor is bringing in the crowds with all those stars. But I still feel that these Pakistani players could have been distributed equally to the other teams instead of bringing them all together.

It's unfair in the sense that many of them have, till recently, been playing at the highest level and the bunch of Indian youngsters in the ICL are clearly intimidated by the Pakistani stars.

I suppose we need to wait for other "International" sides to come up to even things out -- e.g. Colombo Conquerors, Dhaka Destroyers and so on ;)
What are you talking about?? Only 4 players have played an ODI in the last 2 years.

Imran Farhat- Last match end of 2006
Azhar Mahmood- Last match March 27 2007
Hassan Raza- 1999
Humayun Farhat-2001
Arshad Khan- Feb 2006
Sami- May 07
Naved- March 07
Mushtaq Ahmed- 2003
Naved Latif- 2003
Saqlain Mushtaq- 2003
Shahid Nazir-2000
Taufeeq Umar-2005

I think what hari means is the experience that the Badshahs carry with them. There would definately be more than two teams from Pakistan next time round.

I think what hari means is the experience that the Badshahs carry with them. There would definately be more than two teams from Pakistan next time round.

What I meant was that had it not been for the PCB's petty politics, many of those players are indeed eligible to play for International cricket.

Going by the current Pakistan side, there's no world class batsman there except Misbah Ul Haq and Younis Khan (Yousuf is getting too old to play ODI cricket, I feel).

Why the hell Azhar Mehmood and Abdul Razzaq are out of the Pakistani ODI side, I will never know.

What are you talking about?? Only 4 players have played an ODI in the last 2 years.

Imran Farhat- Last match end of 2006
Azhar Mahmood- Last match March 27 2007
Hassan Raza- 1999
Humayun Farhat-2001
Arshad Khan- Feb 2006
Sami- May 07
Naved- March 07
Mushtaq Ahmed- 2003
Naved Latif- 2003
Saqlain Mushtaq- 2003
Shahid Nazir-2000
Taufeeq Umar-2005

You left out Imran Nazir who definitely played for Pakistan in the T20 world cup. You've also left out Inzamam Ul Haq who's still a fantastic player.

Last edited:
harishankar lahore badshahs is not a international side lol. all the players are retired or in paksitan domestic league. name me one player that is fit enough to play for paksitan??? so dont go all mardy just cuse a pakistani side is winning the ICL.

harishankar lahore badshahs is not a international side lol. all the players are retired or in paksitan domestic league. name me one player that is fit enough to play for paksitan??? so dont go all mardy just cuse a pakistani side is winning the ICL.
Actually most of them are fit, but PCB will never understand this and they don't have a ******* brain to know that Razzaq, Azhar Mahmood, Nazir and Saqlain are too good to be in the Pakistan team!

Users who are viewing this thread