Viper.

County Cricketer
SRH...
Perth Scorchers
Profile Flag
Netherlands
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Here are my predicted retained squads and releases for all teams ...

1700844438006.png

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Increasing talks of Hardik being traded to MI being reported… makes no sense for GT that.

CSK are apparently releasing Pretorius and one of Jamieson/Magala. I would have liked to see Pretorius retained unless he’s declining massively.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Increasing talks of Hardik being traded to MI being reported… makes no sense for GT that.
The only two ways I can imagine is either 20CR+ or Bumrah. I mean imagine Bumrah and Shami in the same team

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
The only two ways I can imagine is either 20CR+ or Bumrah. I mean imagine Bumrah and Shami in the same team
They want Cam Green instead.

I feel that is actually smart by GT. Green has more than a decade to play, may be even more. Hardik is already 30, and with his current work rate, I do not think he has more than 5 years left overall. Also Pandya's is more injury prone now.

Verified Enigma

Champions League Winner
Avengers
Disagree. Hardik is already the complete package while Green is still developing. Green could still be a flop in this format
Thats the gamble GT is willing to take. It's brave and smart imo.

Plus I also read that there was already a fallout between GT Management and Hardik in last IPL. So this makes it quite practical as well for GT to go for.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
They want Cam Green instead.

I feel that is actually smart by GT. Green has more than a decade to play, may be even more. Hardik is already 30, and with his current work rate, I do not think he has more than 5 years left overall. Also Pandya's is more injury prone now.
Re cricinfo - all cash trade, 15 CR. Ripoff in my opinion, considering Curran can go for 18.5

Verified Enigma

Champions League Winner
Avengers
Re cricinfo - all cash trade, 15 CR. Ripoff in my opinion, considering Curran can go for 18.5
Don't think it will reach 18.5

It's a mini auction with most teams having tight budget. I think GT can swoop in and pick 2 gooood picks in that 15 crs wisely

And even make their already good squad even better. To top it all off, Hardik didn't even have much impact as a player in their last IPL as well.

Bevab

Staff Member
I’d still have Pandya over Green. Green’s still got a long way to go in order to figure his game out and has been in a rut internationally. Besides he’s injury prone himself and costs an overseas spot.

A pure cash trade is quite poor from GT.

Verified Enigma

Champions League Winner
Avengers
To be fair, even if Hardik Pandya asked GT ko move him back to Mumbai Indians,

GT should have just released him and let him get into auction, they would have got that 15 cr back anyway. Grabbing him in auction would have been much harder for MI.

Bevab

Staff Member
To be fair, even if Hardik Pandya asked GT ko move him back to Mumbai Indians,

GT should have just released him and let him get into auction, they would have got that 15 cr back anyway. Grabbing him in auction would have been much harder for MI.

This scenario is one of the reasons why I’d prefer the IPL to move away from auctions sooner than later. :lol

Users who are viewing this thread