Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Tactics aren't as important when it's 12 v 12.

Although, I do think Australia and, maybe England (because of the extensive pace bowling all rounders) could still come up with n XII that would out-match India's best XII. Especially as India's best/only pace-bowling all-rounder is presently public enemy #1 and England's, worst on paper, but double-final winning all-rounder is saying 'I don't wanna play cause we're playing Sri Lanka and West Indies in test matches.' Meanwhile, Sam Curran, who England fans (me an @Aislabie at least) don't rate, is one of the most sought after players in the IPL. While we just want JOVERTON unleashed.

I think tactics do count for something in a 12v12 matchup. Imagine Australia getting an extra slogger in or England being allowed to use an extra favourable match-up option.

It's that time of the year again!

mirzapurlodulalit-lodu-lalit.gif

World class from KL

19 year old Rashid Khan is a genius. For his age he has 689 wickets in 490 matches.

Why does GT not play Abhinav Manohar is beyond me especially in the absence of a hitter like Miller.

The guy is a brilliant fielder as well. Also having both Williamson and Shankar in the same XI doesn't make any sense. Shankar has been proved to ordinary time and time again. It's time GT looks for other options if they are not going to make him bowl.

Saha
Gill
Sai Sudarshan
Williamson/Omarzai(rotational spot)/Noor(impact sub)
Manohar
Miller
Tewatia
Rashid
Spencer
Umesh
Kishore

Nalkande's profile says he is a bowler. GT have sent him ahead of Tewatia and Rashid. Are they banking on these two to chase 70-80 in the last 5? Tewatia might be an ice man or whatever, if the team is in trouble and is only recognized batsman left, he should be out there in the middle batting. This ain't no Test cricket to send night watchmen.

Users who are viewing this thread