Indian Premier League - General Discussion

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The "El Classico" of IPL is coming tomorrow - Mumbai vs CSK! The only team with a favorable head-to-head record over CSK in the history of IPL!

I wouldn't mind CSK getting a defeat out of the way tomorrow. Wouldn't want a "peaking too early" situation. The problem is - giving Mumbai a winning run can be dangerous for all teams in the tournament. Therefore I hope CSK wins it tomorrow and maybe gets their defeat against a non-MI team (not saying they should try for it; just my wish :D ).

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The "El Classico" of IPL is coming tomorrow - Mumbai vs CSK! The only team with a favorable head-to-head record over CSK in the history of IPL!

I wouldn't mind CSK getting a defeat out of the way tomorrow. Wouldn't want a "peaking too early" situation. The problem is - giving Mumbai a winning run can be dangerous for all teams in the tournament. Therefore I hope CSK wins it tomorrow and maybe gets their defeat against a non-MI team (not saying they should try for it; just my wish :D ).
I'd love to see CSK thrashed and get a bit low on NRR a bit as they seem to run away with it. But tbh, it'll be a humongous job to even get 2 points there, I'll be happy even with a 1-run/last ball victory, unlikely though.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This is going to worry the Aussies playing in IPL. Players seem to be considering alternate routes - going to UK with Eng players, staying there for 14 days and then flying back home. They will probably have to shell out those 14 days of expenses on their own though

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Was going solely by the points table :spy. Haven't really watched any match in its entirety barring the first 3-4 games

There have been one or two bright spots in terms of new young India talent but they're frankly an embarrassment in terms of team work. Captain leads the way.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India

With the abysmal form Warner was in, this was about to come. :(

It's pretty hard to see the best IPL batsmen in the past 5 to 6 years about to be dropped.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India

It's pretty hard to see the best IPL batsmen in the past 5 to 6 years about to be dropped.
A small break should free him up and allow SRH to play another allrounder like Nabi/Holder and give an opportunity to one of the ten openers there are in the squad.

It's a harsh call, but Kane should be retained ahead of Warner for next year's mega auction. Warner has been amazing for SRH but he's going to be 35 next year, and Kane is a far viable option to be the future captain of SRH. Kane is extremely underrated as a T20 player and it'd be dumb to let go of a valuable batsman who's won games for them. SRH management might use the RTM card on him in the auction and retain Warner but they shouldn't play Warner for all 14 games next year unless they get some decent Indian middle order batsmen that doesn't consist of Mr. 3D and Kedar Jadhav.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India

I was expecting this when he referred to the "selector" few nights ago when he was questioned about exclusion of Manish Pandey.

My assumption is that there is something horribly wrong with Warner and the SRH support staff. We haven't seen mid season management changes in IPL, but if a tussle arises between an important player of the team and the support staff, support staff must be replaced because player is in ground level when delivering the things, not the staff.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Kohli's post match interview is gold!! :lol

Everyone is responsible for the loss but him. His innings was no better than Patidar's.

Khan Sahab54

#titans
PAK...
AFG...
Lions
RCB...
Zalmi
MS
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Irrelevant. Mediocre batters often find solace in Test cricket, where their inability (i.e. lack of talent, potential, limited ceiling) to force the pace against fast bowling is not found out. Think of Pujara, Pant or Rahane. Samson's ceiling is too high - Test cricket does not deserve an immense talent like this. Let the lesser players do hard work and bat defensively, like a Pujara or a Pant.
20210131_122833.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread