Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Lodu-lalit-meme-on-Munna-Bhaiya-resized.jpg

"D***head Lalit" (meme from Indian show Mirzapur)

Last edited by a moderator:

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
I just have to make sure no one is in the room when I am actually saying it. :D
Whenever we discuss about Lalit Yadav, we use that term. :lol. Hilarious!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Shaw and Dhawan have Rahul out of the way, in their quest to win the orange cap for this season which one of them likely WILL win. Faf Du Plessis still in the race, but I am not sure if he will maintain his form all the way. Maybe he might even be rested a few games to recharge his batteries?

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Shaw and Dhawan have Rahul out of the way, in their quest to win the orange cap for this season which one of them likely WILL win. Faf Du Plessis still in the race, but I am not sure if he will maintain his form all the way. Maybe he might even be rested a few games to recharge his batteries?
Dhawan, most likely. Rahul will probably miss 5 games with a surgery.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Dhawan, most likely. Rahul will probably miss 5 games with a surgery.

2 weeks of recovery and add 4-5 more days to get up to full fitness. PBKS would likely be out of the race by then. Also BCCI will want KL Rahul to take it cautious, keeping the T20 World Cup in mind.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
2 weeks of recovery and add 4-5 more days to get up to full fitness. PBKS would likely be out of the race by then. Also BCCI will want KL Rahul to take it cautious, keeping the T20 World Cup in mind.
So is it safe to say that with only half the tournament done it's down to six teams?

Regardless. I feel the four will qualify anyway, night just change the positions.

Khan Sahab54

#titans
PAK...
AFG...
Lions
RCB...
Zalmi
MS
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
Pakistan

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

The orange cap can go to hell as far as I am concerned. In a tournament where opening batsmen are frightened to capitalise on the PP, Prithvi Shaw has dominated proceedings. It makes Dhawan's job easier. By far, the most impactful runs in the PP have been made by Shaw and is one of the main reasons Delhi are where they are on the table. He's broken the back of 3-4 run chases in the first 5 overs itself and in 1 over against KKR.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Kohli is not a newly wed Indian bride that needs to be bedded in to settle down. He's been an international cricketer for more than a decade and he should have been the one making the play and allowing the youngster time. Patidar did play a poor innings but it seems you Kohli fans like him have a sense of entitlement and privilege whereby 10 other people in the team should play to make Kohli feel settled. It's a team sport and as the captain and someone that is being paid almost 25% of the auction purse, he should be leading from the front and not hiding behind youngsters.

Okay, so are you telling just because he is playing since a decade, since he is the captain of the team and since he is taking 25% of the purse, he should start hitting sixes from ball 1? Everyone has their own natural skill and style, and Kohli's style is to start off slow and then amplify. When he was being forced to amplify to cover up for Patidar's 21 ball 14 (at the point when he got out), to be in the run chase, lapses happen.

The bowling was way too good for Patidar to even score at run a ball, but when you are chasing ~180 and you are #3, the expectation is at least score run a ball for the runs to flow in, if not at a strike rate of more than 120-130.

I hope Patidar gets a chance tomorrow and gets to score runs at healthier pace.

Users who are viewing this thread