Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What’s the point of a DJ and light show in the middle of the game? That too in a T20.

Much rather hear the analysis and discussion. Seems like the start of the Olympics

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
What’s the point of a DJ and light show in the middle of the game? That too in a T20.

Much rather hear the analysis and discussion. Seems like the start of the Olympics

The IPL’s long ceased to be a mere T20 league, if it was ever that in the first place.

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Poor field setup by Faf... There was around 3 to 4 chance created from short ball, which all landed with in 30 yards circle... He should have kept a fielder for chances like that...

Bevab

Staff Member
It’s mind boggling how even after Kohli’s no longer the captain they’re still stuck to his ideas. Dagar was bowling very well but ever since Dube’s come in he wasn’t even entertained as an option and they’ve even gone to Maxi bowling his first over during the late middle overs because there were two left handed batters at the crease.

Instead, they’ve tried to force a short ball barrage on an uneven pitch especially at Dube because he’s supposed to have a short ball weakness without realising that the effectiveness of it lies in that being a shock tactic and not something you continuously do with the short boundaries of this format.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Watched the game live in the stadium!!! Had to leave 40 mins before it ended coz the crowd was maddening and I had to reach the opp end of Chennai for my home!!! Got a tkt through a friends friend for 3x original price (corporate complimentary tkt).

Amazing atmosphere!!! Absolutely worth it!!! And happy CSK pulled through. Beautiful batting from Rachin and good tempo from Mitchell and Jinx’s.

Too much to assimilate, more thoughts on this later!!!

Bevab

Staff Member
Poor field setup by Faf... There was around 3 to 4 chance created from short ball, which all landed with in 30 yards circle... He should have kept a fielder for chances like that...

I’d also add this to the list of self-inflicted problems they caused. You’re not defending a target when the opposition’s run rate is ahead of the required rate unless you have a world class death bowling unit or the opposition has a shaky record at death, neither of which applies to the teams in question. Should be looking for wickets if you’re trying to push the short ball barrage as a legitimate approach.

It must feel frustrating for RCB fans because CSK did not play well today. Fizz and Jadeja carried the bowling today and the batters were lucky they didn’t lose their wickets earlier. This was a game they could have won with better application of strategy.

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
The Boys
horrendous captaincy especially the last 3-4 overs. made my head hurt. i've been supporting RCB for Kohli since I've started watching cricket but I think this season will be the last. I am just tired

Bevab

Staff Member
horrendous captaincy especially the last 3-4 overs. made my head hurt. i've been supporting RCB for Kohli since I've started watching cricket but I think this season will be the last. I am just tired

It did feel like the worst aspects of Kohli’s captaincy (the superficial matchup dominated strategy) meshed with Faf’s (being too stubborn or wedded to one idea even when it’s past the point of working).

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Opening ceremony was so boring and stupid!! A few tracks by AR Rahman brought out the roars, but you gotta position it more for the fans who visit!!! They decided to promote Bade Miyan Chote Miyan and Chamkila… :facepalm:noway

Bevab

Staff Member
Opening ceremony was so boring and stupid!! A few tracks by AR Rahman brought out the roars, but you gotta position it more for the fans who visit!!! They decided to promote Bade Miyan Chote Miyan and Chamkila… :facepalm:noway

Nothing unexpected given the larger cultural factors at play here in an election year.

Users who are viewing this thread