Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Lol people here don't really like Hardik, jealousy?

I did question this when the move was first announced. It’s weird to see so many people outside of here insult Hardik for replacing Rohit when that blame should be directed towards the owners who conveniently escape blame (or even criticism of any sort in general).

I’ve personally been soured off by his captaincy more than anything else. It has been appalling.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
I did question this when the move was first announced. It’s weird to see so many people outside of here insult Hardik for replacing Rohit when that blame should be directed towards the owners who conveniently escape blame (or even criticism of any sort in general).

I’ve personally been soured off by his captaincy more than anything else. It has been appalling.
He has done good with GT, give him time

Bevab

Staff Member
He has done good with GT, give him time

It’s why I feel he’s making decisions under pressure and that’s never going to work out well. At GT Hardik had his weird moves too alongside trying to involve himself when possible but they weren’t as prominent as they are now. He also took a lot more responsibility for his own failures compared to now, there was a game (think it was against us) last season where he tried to take the game deep and failed but took sole responsibility for that and admitted his mistake in the post game interview.

Compare that to now where he conspicuously omitted himself when he said all of their batters played well, I don’t think Hardik at GT would have done that and I don’t think that version would have tried to be as unconventional as humanely possible either.

The crowd reception doesn’t help though and I personally find it incredibly stupid. He’s being treated as a lightning rod of criticism for many things that have nothing to do with him. The last time I saw such stupidity from Indian audiences was when everyone was chanting Dhoni’s name after Pant made a couple of keeping errors in that famous ODI where Turner chased down a big total.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Nothing wrong with Hardik and to be fair, MI bought back their homegrown player who became a successful captain in another franchise, as MI were looking to phase a struggling Rohit out early. Rohit's batting returns were consistently underwhelming in many IPL's till now and also MI were not winning titles and a proud franchise like MI will be all the more eager to fix things to get back to grabbing titles.

One thing that I find weird with Hardik's captaincy this season (in evidence from these two games) is that his calm demeanour from his GT days has faded away and he is back to his old 'exuberant personality'. Which is his real one? This current one? Or the subdued one when he captained GT? I think this exuberant one is not sitting well with fans, who are feeling aggravated by the decision to sack Rohit from captaincy and replace him with Hardik.

By the way, what happened to Akash Madhwal? He was a breakout for MI last season and people eagerly waited for him to team up with Bumrah to form a deadly combo?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Nitish Rana not in XI what? WTF is going on? Is he injured? Blame Hardik!

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
The Boys
Honestly, anything under 220 doesn't give me confidence against Russell & co.

Bevab

Staff Member
Looks like RCB will break the "home team win" pattern. Flying start for KKR.

Scary how many people said this would happen and how likely it is to now.

Users who are viewing this thread