Indian Premier League - General Discussion

You're just carried away with your emotions. Dhoni had an off day. He dropped the most crucial catch and his choice of bowlers was mind boggling to say the least. CSK are a top class team and yes, their bowling is their weak link but every team has their weaknesses. And pardon me, but to term every brilliant performance as a fluke just because today someone didn't perform is just sore from your side.

If you bowl decent to good and still get scored off like that, I call that a brilliant performance. But CSK just fed Rajasthan with atrociously hittable deliveries despite being asked to bowl a certain way. And again, I wont agree that the captain puts all the blame on his bowlers for not executing the plan. You pick the right players and if you didnt do that, you can't throw them under the bus.

CSK's tournament has been mostly based on luck. And that luck has started running out in the last 4-5 games.

God is so cruel. This is the 9th IPL CSK are playing, 2 time champions, 9 time playoff qualifiers and Sai is so angry about one loss in a game. Here's a RCB fan on his knees almost begging for one championship for his hero. 3 finals lost.. It's human nature to want more and more.

If you bowl decent to good and still get scored off like that, I call that a brilliant performance. But CSK just fed Rajasthan with atrociously hittable deliveries despite being asked to bowl a certain way. And again, I wont agree that the captain puts all the blame on his bowlers for not executing the plan. You pick the right players and if you didnt do that, you can't throw them under the bus.

CSK's tournament has been mostly based on luck. And that luck has started running out in the last 4-5 games.

Couldn't disagree more. Willey is an international player and he clearly didn't get the memo of bowling back of a length stuff. Yesterday you didn't appreciate Pant who was milking the best bowler of the league since 3 years. The bottom line is that you can pick whoever you like but in a pressure situation sometimes even the best crack. Willey and Dhoni cost CSK the game. Dhoni dropped Jos Buttler himself of Bravo. Dhoni had an off day with the gloves and tactically and it can happen to the best. I thought Willey was ordinary but he needs to bowl to fields from the following games.

CSK have played brilliantly to be where they are in the tournament and totally deserve it. You'll agree once you cool off.

Also, Billings won't be the first bloke in T20's history to have not been able to get the ball away for a few lusty blows. It happens. To term his brilliance earlier as a fluke is just plain stupidity.

God is so cruel. This is the 9th IPL CSK are playing, 2 time champions, 9 time playoff qualifiers and Sai is so angry about one loss in a game. Here's a RCB fan on his knees almost begging for one championship for his hero. 3 finals lost.. It's human nature to want more and more.

Well.. I am sorry you're supporting RCB. I guess when you follow a team that consistently plays crap and is mostly at the bottom, you are numb to it and react lesser. That's what is happening with you and RCB. :D For me, I have a different history with CSK where I am used to seeing them qualify for playoffs and reach finals often.

Couldn't disagree more. Willey is an international player and he clearly didn't get the memo of bowling back of a length stuff. Yesterday you didn't appreciate Pant who was milking the best bowler of the league since 3 years. The bottom line is that you can pick whoever you like but in a pressure situation sometimes even the best crack. Willey and Dhoni cost CSK the game. Dhoni dropped Jos Buttler himself of Bravo. Dhoni had an off day with the gloves and tactically and it can happen to the best. I thought Willey was ordinary but he needs to bowl to fields from the following games.

CSK have played brilliantly to be where they are in the tournament and totally deserve it. You'll agree once you cool off.

Also, Billings won't be the first bloke in T20's history to have not been able to get the ball away for a few lusty blows. It happens. To term his brilliance earlier as a fluke is just plain stupidity.

Well... We will constantly disagree because from an RCB perspective, you think CSK is doing so well. But from all perspectives, I think CSK has been very lucky to be where they are right now in the tournament. I am happy to have my perspective because if CSK are out of the tournament, it tells me "oh you knew it already".

To me, Hyderabad and Mumbai have looked the best in this tournament. Mumbai were really unlucky not to get wins under their belt in the initial stages. Makes me go back to that tournament opener game (MI vs CSK) and think "What if Bravo did not do that miracle against MI and if MI had won". I have a feeling (again a what if scenario) that MI and CSK might have literally swapped their fortunes with each other if that game's result was different. MI would've been sitting on 7-8 runs by now and CSK would've been dashing on the edge for a playoff spot. Its lucky that MI are dashing because they have the resources to dash successfully (as they are showing it).

Last edited:
Well.. I am sorry you're supporting RCB. I guess when you follow a team that consistently plays crap and is mostly at the bottom, you are numb to it and react lesser. That's what is happening with you and RCB. :D For me, I have a different history with CSK where I am used to seeing them qualify for playoffs and reach finals often.

Well... We will constantly disagree because from an RCB perspective, you think CSK is doing so well. But from all perspectives, I think CSK has been very lucky to be where they are right now in the tournament. I am happy to have my perspective because if CSK are out of the tournament, it tells me "oh you knew it already".

To me, Hyderabad and Mumbai have looked the best in this tournament. Mumbai were really unlucky not to get wins under their belt in the initial stages. Makes me go back to that tournament opener game (MI vs CSK) and think "What if Bravo did not do that miracle against MI and if MI had won". I have a feeling (again a what if scenario) that MI and CSK might have literally swapped their fortunes with each other if that game's result was different. MI would've been sitting on 7-8 runs by now and CSK would've been dashing on the edge for a playoff spot. Its lucky that MI are dashing because they have the resources to dash successfully (as they are showing it).

The point is that you are dissing CSK on the basis of if's and but's. Miracles are part of sport. Bravo is a CSK player and he made that miracle. I didn't see you dissing CSK for picking him in the auction? Hopefully you are cooler now since time has passed since the last game. I'm just trying to give you a wider perspective with the RCB comparison- CSK will be one of the top 2 teams so far this year and any logical person would back them in a playoff situation.. If this doesn't make you happy then you're very tough to please. :lol

When Sachin Tendulkar was playing that innings in the deserts of Sharjah, the simple awe at watching something never seen before captivated all of us to the extent that nothing else mattered. Today, when I re-live that innings I realise that the voice of the late great Tony Greig completed that experience. Till date, it gives me goosebumps. At the time, Ravi Shastri was also a complete natural and he invoked passion amongst people paralysed of emotion.

Today, I just saw the Rishabh Pant innings again and it just seemed bland. It seemed like I was experiencing just another highlights package. I don't for one second mean that this innings is comparable to the one played by Tendulkar because it has the innocence of childhood attached to it but it was still a very very special innings. Murali Karthik completely sucked the life out of the broadcast for a viewer. I wonder when the BCCI will give us a product we deserve and not just fill it's coffers.

Pretty harsh to drop Stoinis. They are really backing Finch to come good, without Stoinis they lack the extra bowling option if some gets tonked

32349296_804302106426376_9069009258674126848_n.jpg

Well it is not related to IPL but anyone can tell me what is vcash and why it is showing?(Just noticed it)

Interesting observation with IPL decision review system.

KKR appeal for wicket, umpire signals wide, KKR get it reviewed.

Its proven, its not a wide. Umpire's call doesn't stand, yet review is taken off. WHY? This one ball can make potential difference in the result of the game, and incorrect decision by an umpire is being overruled.

Any thoughts?

Interesting observation with IPL decision review system.

KKR appeal for wicket, umpire signals wide, KKR get it reviewed.

Its proven, its not a wide. Umpire's call doesn't stand, yet review is taken off. WHY? This one ball can make potential difference in the result of the game, and incorrect decision by an umpire is being overruled.

Any thoughts?

You have raised a valid issue. The problems begin with having sub-standard umpires.

KXIP have been riding high on Rahul and their two foreign bowlers. Let's see how long it goes on!

Wonderful. Vohra dropped again and for whom? Someone who has shown no inclination of commitment!

Users who are viewing this thread