Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Harshal Patel a product of RCB bowling now helping RCB to win :D.
And whoever's decision to place a fielder straigjt behind the keeper was brilliant made Sarfaraz Khan fell into the trap who has been nothing but a disappointment for RCB this season.

It's funny how RCB went to the auction and went for 5 different openers when Kohli has had his best season opening. Makes no sense to me

I mentioned this a few pages ago. If he was to bat 3, it made no sense to not retain Rahul.[DOUBLEPOST=1526149201][/DOUBLEPOST]Kohli deserved the MOM here.. God knows who gives these out? The other day Dhawan got it before Pant?

Let's see if MSD can take the gamble of resting Bravo for a few matches and bringing back Ngidi while letting David Willey take responsibility of the lower order hitting (obviously Dhoni, Fleming and co are conservative enough to not let Willey open the batting, for which he is known for). Also Faf needs to return for Billings and Faf should get back to open with Watson so that Rayudu can manage the middle overs. On a tricky Pune wicket, Rayudu could be needed down.

And give some confidence and serious backing for Karn Sharma. He might not be a great pick at the auctions, but the way he has been treated is absolutely bad. Not given overs to bowl most of the time and chopped/changed frequently, you dont get good performances in such scenarios. Karn is a leggie which is the hot variety in cricket right now.

SRH should start favorites tomorrow. They must be keen to settle scores after an "uncalled no ball" cost them the match against CSK in their first meeting this season. If CSK need a chance, they need to get a batting pitch so that even with their poor bowling, they can challenge SRH purely on their batting might. A tricky pitch will play right into SRH's hands and could even set CSK up for a thrashing.

Let's see if MSD can take the gamble of resting Bravo for a few matches and bringing back Ngidi while letting David Willey take responsibility of the lower order hitting (obviously Dhoni, Fleming and co are conservative enough to not let Willey open the batting, for which he is known for). Also Faf needs to return for Billings and Faf should get back to open with Watson so that Rayudu can manage the middle overs. On a tricky Pune wicket, Rayudu could be needed down.

And give some confidence and serious backing for Karn Sharma. He might not be a great pick at the auctions, but the way he has been treated is absolutely bad. Not given overs to bowl most of the time and chopped/changed frequently, you dont get good performances in such scenarios. Karn is a leggie which is the hot variety in cricket right now.

SRH should start favorites tomorrow. They must be keen to settle scores after an "uncalled no ball" cost them the match against CSK in their first meeting this season. If CSK need a chance, they need to get a batting pitch so that even with their poor bowling, they can challenge SRH purely on their batting might. A tricky pitch will play right into SRH's hands and could even set CSK up for a thrashing.
A batting pitch will make CSK favourites, but if it's still the slow spin friendly in Pune, I am confident SRH can take this. CSK's bowling unit looks alright, but still capable of dismantling any attack, with competent spinners in Jaddu and Bhajji.

I'm hoping Manish Pandey gets into form. He's been the biggest disappointment in SRH this year. SRH need him to be back in form especially with the knockouts coming up.

A batting pitch will make CSK favourites, but if it's still the slow spin friendly in Pune, I am confident SRH can take this. CSK's bowling unit looks alright, but still capable of dismantling any attack, with competent spinners in Jaddu and Bhajji.

I'm hoping Manish Pandey gets into form. He's been the biggest disappointment in SRH this year. SRH need him to be back in form especially with the knockouts coming up.

I would still say SRH are favorites irrespective of the pitch. Dhawan and Williamson bossed over Delhi in their last game and sounded a warning about their batting improving. And their bowling is as good as it is. And you got to remember that on a batting pitch in Hyderabad where CSK and SRH met last time in this season, SRH almost chased the score (182) down and fell just 4 runs short and also had a case of a no-ball to Williamson that was not called by the umpire. And also, Dhawan did not play that game. All this makes SRH firm favorites for tomorrow. CSK better pull up their bowling socks and deliver if they want to be in that Top Two. If CSK loses this, it would be big pressure as we will face a Delhi that has now become party poppers and then the last league game against Punjab who are in the race for a Top Two finish.

I would still say SRH are favorites irrespective of the pitch. Dhawan and Williamson bossed over Delhi in their last game and sounded a warning about their batting improving. And their bowling is as good as it is. And you got to remember that on a batting pitch in Hyderabad where CSK and SRH met last time in this season, SRH almost chased the score (182) down and fell just 4 runs short and also had a case of a no-ball to Williamson that was not called by the umpire. And also, Dhawan did not play that game. All this makes SRH firm favorites for tomorrow. CSK better pull up their bowling socks and deliver if they want to be in that Top Two. If CSK loses this, it would be big pressure as we will face a Delhi that has now become party poppers and then the last league game against Punjab who are in the race for a Top Two finish.
I'm taken aback by how pessimistic you are. I'm confident that SRH can win, but in your case if CSK get the wickets of Dhawan and Williamson in quick succession first up, CSK is in the driver's seat. The weak middle order is then exposed. Yusuf Pathan has done his job down the order and consistently delivering at the death overs. Pandey's form is the biggest worry and Shakib has been mediocre with the bat but great with the ball. Both teams have their weaknesses and strengths, hopefully it will be a good match.

CSK has a very good batting lineup, bowling is ok. SRH has a ok batting lineup overall but superior bowlers. CSK have an added advantage that they are playing in Pune, where many players know how the pitch is.

I think McCullum and DeKock did better than everyone else (Vohra, Parthiv). And Moeen Ali is definitely not in good form with the bat. When was the last time he got a fifty in any form of the game?

My XI for CSK:
Shane Watson
Faf Du Plesssis / Murali Vijay ( not given opportunities)
Suresh Raina
Ambati Rayudu
MS Dhoni
David Willey
Ravindra Jadeja
Harbhajan Singh
Lungi Ngidi
Shardul Thakur
Deepak Chahar (if available)/ Karn Sharma

My XI for SRH:
Shikhar Dhawan
Alex Hales
Kane Williamson
Manish Pandey / Sachin Baby (not given any match at all, should be tried even if they lose, you can't keep backing Manish Pandey)
Shakib Al Hasan
Wriddhiman Saha (if available) / Shreevats Goswami
Yusuf Pathan
Rashid Khan
Bhuvneshwar Kumar
Sandeep Sharma
Siddarth Kaul

How Sarfaraz doesn't get criticism here is beyond me!
He is a one dimensional player at best. His scoring areas are behind the wicket and that's very easily to plug. He was an exciting prospect in his first year but I don't think he has added anything new to his armory. He is still trying to relive the past season.

That's hilarious! Are you saying Kohli is a good captain? And those 'pathetic combinations' are a result of his constant chopping and changing the XI. The choices at auctions are his and your post sounds like a trolly of excuses to mask his pathetic leadership.

Yes, I say Kohli is a good captain, and that is hilarious, probably for you. Any captain without proper balance in the squad would have gone through the same phase and would have thought in the way Kohli did.

Pathetic combinations- wow great. I would say the combinations that didn't work.

How many opening pairs did Mumbai Indians try this year? They stuck with only one?

At the end of the day, being a captain of a side like Mumbai Indians or Chennai Super Kings is relatively easier, because you've got right balance in the side, both wrt Batsmen-bowlers-allrounders and Local and Overseas Players.

Just to sight an example- DK lost Starc this year in the IPL. KKR spent 12.5% of their purse to get him. Russell has been half fit most of the IPL. Yet, he has managed to get some respectability on the points table. Kohli is just a pathetic pathetic captain and leader. Period.

You remember RCB's 2011-2012 seasons? Gayle would blow away the opposition and we would get two points. You see Narine is KKR's Gayle in this regard.

How many opening pairs did Mumbai Indians try this year? They stuck with only one?
3, one was due to Evin's injury. Should I list RCB's?

Kohli/QDK
QDK/Baz
QDK/Manan
Baz/Parthiv
Moeen/Parthiv

Users who are viewing this thread