MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
THE Ten Network will challenge Nine's 30-year dominance of cricket broadcasting after securing the rights to the new Indian Premier League for five years.

Ten chief executive Grant Blackley and general manager of sport David White will today announce the network's coverage of the Twenty20 series, which starts on April 18.

Ten is believed to have paid between $10 million and $15 million for the rights, and will broadcast IPL matches from 9.30pm on its main channel followed by repeats on its high-definition digital channel, Ten HD. The station will broadcast each of the 59 matches over the 44-day tournament live from India. This means a match would be broadcast every night, except Monday.

Full Story: The Australian

This is good news for people who don't have Pay TV like me.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Money is more popular than The sport Now. Looks like They are paying $10 for the rights, Phew!.

I hope channel Nine wouldn't steal away at the last moment....I GUESS!??!

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
I'd say it's a good investment. Twenty20 cricket on the rise, a new form of cricket, watching players verse their own team-mates. Really hope it's big and pays off for Ten. Would be sweet if it were to match the EPL.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I have heard that Channel Ten do not have very good commentators though.

Click here anyone who wants to discuss other issues about the Indian Premier League.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Actually i am glad that Ten sports got the contract..so i can catch the action on SetMax..Otherwise its always Blackout for me....

Users who are viewing this thread