Story India's internation season on C2K5!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mularitharan into the attack!​

Marvan Attapatu desides not to wase any more time and brings in his best bowler. The spin master will have to bowl at his best because these batsman look at their roaring best. India will look to attack this very attacking bowler.

mulariintheattack.jpg

To Come:

laxmanpic.jpg

VVS Laxman:
Career Average: 31.17
Against SL: 37.00
SR: 71.25

dravidpic.jpg

Rahul Dravid:
Career Ave: 40.13
Against SL: 48.44
SR: 70.13

YUvi.jpg

Yuvraj Singh:
Career Ave: 31.03
Against SL: 27.61
SR: 85.73

dhonipic.jpg

MS Dhoni:
Career Ave: 49.93
Against SL: 59.00
SR: 108.50

yadavpic.jpg

Jai Prakash Yadav:
Career Ave: 20.25
Against SL: 12.00
SR: 65.85

Irfan pathan and Sachin Tendulkar, really taking a toll on the Sri Lankans' here. They have been aggressive from the start and kept the runrate above 7rpo without much hassle.

tendulkarhitsa4.jpg
pathanPull.jpg

pARTNERSHIPIRFANDSACHIN.jpg

pathanusesfeetforfour.jpg

sachinsmashjayatvforbigsix.jpg

India on top-222/1 off 33 overs.

Last edited:
Thats it! The crowd goes absolutley wild as the little master, Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar, smashed a huge 6 over long-on to claim yet another ODI century. It was off right-arm medium-fast bowler Dilhara Lokuhittige, who replaced Mularitharan, who went for 8 an over. The attempted yorker became a low full toss, and Tendulkar helped himself to 6 more, and another century. Its only taken him 99 deliveries!

Tendulkarhundred-SLgame1.jpg

brilliant-6forton.jpg

tendulkarsmashesanothertonheaven.jpg

thetendulkarstyle.jpg

sachinpaddlesweep2.jpg

Last edited:
and there it is! a big swing of the bat, and one bounce to the fine leg fence! Pathan reaches his maiden century!! What a feeling it must be for the young 21 year old allrounder!!!His knock included 19 hits to the fence!

Pathan100.jpg

But, the dream innings didn't last long as the very next ball, Pathan went for an over-enthusiastic slog, charged down the track, missed, and Sangakkara made no mistake and whipped off the bails in a flash. Sanath Jayasurya gets his revenge, and India are 280/2 in 40 overs. The mammoth partnership of 228 runs for the 2nd wicket finally ended. VVS Laxman joins Tendulkar in the middle. India still on top.

Pathanout.jpg

_40914867_pathan_stumpd_afp.jpg

Last edited:
Laxman gone! Jayasuriya on a roll here, he picks up his second wicket! VVS Laxman, who went to slog a pitched up delivery, top edged one to Chaminda Vass, who took a miracle catch! The Indian Skipper, Rahul Dravid, Walks in to the middle with Sachin Tendulkar.Just as Laxman top edged the ball, power in all of the world went out, but came back just in time to see Rahul Dravid walk in. The camera's couldn't record the wicket, as the power went out, and only the people on the field witnessed it. Laxman gone for 3 and India are 288/3 in 41.2 overs.

DravidIn.jpg

Tendulkar continues fireworks: smashes fernando for 14 runs in one over, which included 2 big, big, sixes!

tendulkaronfire.jpg

Dravid off the mark in style- a big six over fine leg off Jaya! Dravid, playing an odd shot very early in this innings, looks to bat aggressivley and keep the run rate high. With 7 wickets in hand thats a good mentality from the Skipper.

dravidoffthemarkinstyle-6.jpg

After this over, which went for 7 runs, Jayasuriya completed his spell with figures of:
10-1-51-2. Not bad, but considering the spin of this pitch its below average bowling.

Last edited:
Tendulkar greets 150​

The master blaster greeted his 150 with a single off Dilhara Lokuhittige. The mammoth innings got the crowd to their feet, as the little master acnoladges their applause. What a masterful innings!

sachin150.jpg

tendulkarup.jpg

India Finish Strongly

The Indian batsman continued their attacking mentality as India smashed a mammoth 368/3 in their allotted 50 overs. Sachin Tendulkar regained his slot as the worlds greatest batsmen, as he batted the entire 50 overs smashing 164 runs off Just 139 deliveries. Rahul Dravid was not out on 21. The pair put up a swashbuckeling 78 partnership in less than 8 overs. The bowlers got smacked around, horrible captancy by Attapatu by giving Mulari only 5 overs on this type of pitch. Stay tuned as we get ready for the 2nd innings of this one-sided match.

scorecardendofinnings2.jpg

bwlcardendofinningsss.jpg

sweep.jpg

dravidglance.gif

Last edited:
Welcome back to Kolkata. The players are on the field, and Irfan Pathan is ready with the new ball in his hand. Here's the situation: Sri Lanka require 369 runs off 50 overs at 7.8 runs per over. It's going to take some good batting for them to pull this one off. We chatted with some players during the break, and this is what they had to say:

Rahul Dravid:
"The team batted really well today, especially Sachin and Irfan. We hope we can bowl well and wrap this one up quickly. The batting conditions are good, and the Sri Lankan's have alot of depth in batting...They can pull it off. We're going to play around with our bowlers today, and see what happens"

Sachin Tendulkar: "Its great to come back to International Cricket with a century. I love to hear the ball-hitting-bat noise and see the crowd on their feet. The spectators seem to enjoy this match. Irfan batted really well, we sent him up at no. 3, and he's grabbed the opportunity with both hands. What a knock. Brilliant 103. hats off to him. I do not think we would have had 369 on the board if Mulari had bowled 10 overs. It was tough to play him in the 5 overs he bowled it self! We look forward to bowling well today, and picking up early wickets and put extra pressure on right from the start."

Irfan Pathan: "Well, when i first got news that i was being sent up at number 3, it was 10 min. before the match. I had butterflies in my stomach and was really excited. When i came out to bat, I loved to see the crowd cheering my name, and that's what motivated me to play this awesome knock. I'm very satisified with it, and extreamly proud. When you hit your maiden ton, its a great feeling, you can't explain it! Now i know how Sachin feels after a hundred! Its like, when you hear the crowd cheer your name after that run, you know that their proud of you, and their happy that your representing their country. You know what? I'm proud to represent my country, too.

We also tried to talk to Marven Attapatu, but he shooed us of...I guess he's under alot of pressure. Well, lets take you down to the middle for the first ball of this Sri Lankan Innings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread