Story India's internation season on C2K5!

Status
Not open for further replies.
India Announce Squads!​

The BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) announced the Squads wich will face Sri Lanka earlier today. Sourav Ganguly, the Indian Skipper fails to pass the fittness test, and has not been selected for the first two games. Mhmd. Kaif, also injured his hamstring, and will not be able to play in the first couple of games as well.
Zaheer Khan has pulled out of the Side for personal reasons, as the Left-arm Baroda seamer makes way for new blood. The perplacements are: Robin Uthappa, Suresh Raina, and Sreesanth.

gangulyportrait.jpg

The Indian skipper-failing to pass the fitness test

kaifnets.jpg

India already a step behind without the sharp fielding skills of Kaif.

zaheercharge.jpg
India will miss the Left-arm spearhead.

dravidpressmeeting.jpg

The BCCI also announced the Rahul Dravid will captain the whole series.
Dravid stated:
"I am very honoured to captain my national team. I hope to make a good impression to the selectors and bring home the trophy. We would surely miss the leadership and determination of Sourav, not to mention his great batting skills. Kaif is also one we would have liked to have in the team, but his hamstring injury has left us with no choice. He is our very best fielder, so we all have to work twice as hard and stop the flow of runs. Zaheer has to pull out because of personal issues, and we would really miss him as we go into this side with an unexperianced team. I have full faith in them to deliver and pull this one off."

THE SQUAD (1st 2 games)
squadforsrilankaseries.jpg

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the Pre-match build up between India and Sri Lanka at the Eden Gardens here in Kolkata. This is the first of 5 ODI's between Sri Lanka and India. Pepsi and Coca-Cola have settled their differences and are both sponsering this series (Sai, excuse me for taking your idea ;) it was too good!)

Ten Sports have bagged the rights for this series.

TENSPORTS.jpg

pepsi2.jpg

cocacola.jpg

Pepsi and Coca-Cola working together.​

indvssri1stmatch.jpg

MATCHCONDITONSMATCH1.jpg

THE PITCH: the Kolkata pitch is made just for the spinners. Harbajan and Mularitharan should have a joyous time out here. The out is really quick and the batsmen should enjoy themselves, after they get past the spinners of course. The ball should come on to the bat nicely. We expect a high-scoring game here, folks.

THE CONDITIONS: Hot, and a clear starry sky. Hummidity will increase as the night goes on, so the seamers like Chaminda Vass and Irfan Pathan would get lots of swing. The dew factor would play a big role in this Day/Night match. This match is starting in the late evening and we should be able to see dew on the outfield as early as the 15th over of the 1st inning. This is one dis-advantage of bowling 2nd, as there would be quite alot of dew on the outfield and spinners would fail to make use of their pitch by not being able to grip the ball. The team batting 2nd will have to hit the ball hard as this quick outfiled would slow down dramatically.

THE TOSS Win the toss. Bat first. This is a flat track and as time goes on suite the bowlers. This is all I can say. A competitive 1st innnings total would be 280+. Lets head down to Ravi Shastri, whose with the captains for the toss.

RS: Thanks Sanjay. It's Marven's call.
MA: Heads.
RS: and Heads it is. Well Marven you've won the toss what are you going to do?
MA: We'll have a field first.
RS: This looks like a batting track, why field?
MA: We want Mulari to make full use of the pitch, and not be handicapped by the dew.
RS: Good Luck.
MA: Thanks.
RS: Well Rahul you've lost the toss and you've been put in to bat, how do u feel about that?
RD: Well, i'm quite okay with it. If i had won the toss i was going to bat anyways.
RS: What does your team look like tonight?
RD: Obviously Sourav and Kaif are not playing in this match. We're sending Irfan in at Number 3.....to experiment. Laxman is in the team as well. In the Bowling dept. we're going with the three seamers in Irfan, Sree, and Yadav, and 2 spinners in Bhajji and Karthik.
RS: Good Luck tonight, Rahul.
RD: Thanks.
RS: Well that's it for you, Sri Lanka won the toss and have made an odd desicion to field first. Back to you Sanjay.

SLfieldfirst.jpg

Live Coverage will begin shortly.

Hey Cricketman, no problem!!! Your welcome to take my idea....

Superb presentation!!!!

The teams walk out to the middle with confidence written all over their face. The Indian fans went wild when Sachin Tendulkar took guard, as they have been tortured by not being able to watch him play for 3 months.

teamsgame1.jpg

This is going to be an exciting match.

Really good coverage buddy. I always read your thread but sometimes dont have time to reply. So always suppose me reading.

ashu2411 said:
This is going to be an exciting match.

Really good coverage buddy. I always read your thread but sometimes dont have time to reply. So always suppose me reading.

Thanks alot ashu! :D

great to know that great story writers like you think that my writing is good! Motivates me alot to continue! :p

The Indian openers brought up the 50 in double-quick time as it only took them 6 overs (36 balls). They carted the Sri Lankan new-ball bowlers all over the park, especially Sehwag who was really smacking vetran Chaminda Vass to all parts.

openiersonfire51pshipgame1slcopy.jpg

But it was Vass who had the last laugh as a beautiful In-swinging yorker left Sehwag dazzled as he had no answer to it and was plum LBW.
Irfan Pathan walks in at the score at 55/1.

sehwagoutslgame1copy.jpg

aaggg .. did i pull myself out or was i kicked ?? :rolleyes:

_________
Zaheer Khan

Last edited:
Beware English batsmen from my spin because I have developed chautha (fourth one) for you.

usy57_pak said:
aaggg .. did i pull myself out or was i kicked ?? :rolleyes:

_________
Zaheer Khan

Dude, u have "dropped out" of the first two matches of personal reasons. I'm trying to make this thread as real as possible, but i like Z.K. so much, im in denial and wont accept to drop him! :p Instead, he might come in after the first 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread