India's next pace bowling sensation? - VRV Singh

aditya123 said:
And BTW, if India are doing well in tests , it should just be a matter of time before they get back to winning ways in ODIs as well . After all, the nucleus of the ODI side and the test side are almost the same !

Accepted that the nucleas is the same but there is a vast differenc in the performance of the two.

aditya123 said:
I thought that this thread was about India`s new fast bowling find VRV Singh ! Fardin has managed to deviate everyone from the whole topic in a way by which only fardin can ! I think Andrew was right . We must avoid answering to fardin`s attention seeking posts !

Listen,I am not here to seek attention I am here to discuss some logical facts about Indias recent performances in odis,

Sai brought in the fact that India produces the best batsmen and I was there to make him realize that those quality batsmen isnt producing the results for india in odis,

Andrew Nixon has his own problems,He has nothing to say therefore when some one else is talking knowledge he doesnt like it, :eek:

Once again Aditya can you please bring in the odi stats for both teams againts Australia,

fardin said:
Listen,I am not here to seek attention I am here to discuss some logical facts about Indias recent performances in odis,

Sai brought in the fact that India produces the best batsmen and I was there to make him realize that those quality batsmen isnt producing the results for india in odis,

Andrew Nixon has his own problems,He has nothing to say therefore when some one else is talking knowledge he doesnt like it, :eek:

Once again Aditya can you please bring in the odi stats for both teams againts Australia,

What? You make it as if I deviated from the topic and posted about the best batsman and all those things??? You were the one who replied to the post of sami ullah khan saying "india produces great batsman" and you deviated us from the original topic... so i didnt bring that fact.. sami ullah khan brought it and you got that opportunity to throw us off in which you were successful. you are a person who finds oppostunities to take a shot at the indian cricket team!

how good did pakistan perform against australia in the odi's? must be almost equal to that of india's although i dont deny that pakistan are a better odi team than india these days (probably always!).

Enough of this now..
let the fight stop.
discuss the topic and plz don't point fingers to the other ppl.

fardin

remember wc2003, sachin got 675 and we made to finals, ok we lost but pak out in round 1
remember natwest 2002,kaif and yuvi helped to get 326 chased from 147/5 in 25 overs
also
india's tour of pak 2004.

and if you think we dont perfrom in odis in general, we made finals of all tourneys from 2000 champions trophy till Asia Cup 2004

its just that our batsmen are failing since last year or 15 months but by that you don't become bad team foreverr

I think that the conversation is going way off topic,my best wishes are with Sree Santh ahead of the ODI series against Lanka.

Sree Santh is being mobbed by people back in his home town. When will we Indians stop making yet to be tried players as HEROES??? Sree Santh hasnt done anything big in international cricket so far. He has just got selected! I am irritated with what these people do! They make the cricketer think that he is the ultimate and they make him grow a head weight which then turns into ego! Only rare people with utmost humility survive these and perform to their potential! Lets hope Sreesanth is one among them

I really want to see SreeSanth and VRV in this Sri Lanka Series! Also that opener bat who clobbered 116....forget the name!! can name him?

Cricketman93 said:
I really want to see SreeSanth and VRV in this Sri Lanka Series! Also that opener bat who clobbered 116....forget the name!! can name him?

I think you're talking abt Robin Uthapa.. He has not been selected for the first two games and it looks unlikely whether he would be selected in the whole series at all considering that Ganguly and Kaif are likely to come back!

That really sucks. Robin Uthappa...what a thrilling ton! Even if they both come back...we have to make room for him in the squad!! A super sub, at least! He can be a very swashbuckling middle order batsmen....Im thinking Number 6.....but that spot is likley to be taken by Yuvraj. This is what i think they should do. Just rest Yuvi for 1 match, bring in Uthappa, and see how he does.....He could give some batsmen a run for their money. I would also like him to open the Great Indian Batting in the near future, when the "greats" have retired.

i feel uthappa must be given more chances.
two years ago he was a great bat during the u-19 world cup.

Wait friends! India is going to have a problem of aplenty in selection for the third and fourth ODI's against Sri Lanka! Ganguly is now an automatic selection for the third and fourth ODI's.. He will replace Gambhir in the squad and will most probably resume his opening slot.. Sachin Tendulkar is returning to big form (he scored 64 in the practice match tonking all bowlers!). Kaif once he is back will replace either Raina or Rao!

So there is absolutely no place for Uthapa in the side now! Of course, he can be rotated for some one else in the future to develop him as a replacement for Tendulkar at the opening slot once Tendulkar retires! Already we have replacements for Dravid and Ganguly (Rao and Raina). Uthapa can replace Tendulkar and we have a perfect replacement team after the stalwarts retire!

once tendulkar retires...

this a bit hypotethical statement seeing as the public wont allow him to do so even if he reaches the rock bottom in terms of his form.
So thats a long way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread