India's next pace bowling sensation? - VRV Singh

saisrini80 said:
wow fardin.. you're great in bringing uneasiness to any thread! you should be given an award for that!
Fardin is what is know in internet parlance as a troll. They post deliberately contraversial posts in a sad attempt to gain attention. Don't feed them.

our team selection is ridiculous

there is no zaheer,nehra,balaji

here is the team, courtesy cricinfo, "kaif,dada not in for first 2 odis due to injury"

Squad
Rahul Dravid (captain), Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh, Venugopal Rao, Suresh Raina, MS Dhoni (wk), Harbhajan Singh, Murali Kartik, Irfan Pathan, Ajit Agarkar, JP Yadav, S Sreesanth, RP Singh, Gautam Gambhir.

irfan,agarkar,sreesanth,rpsingh are major pacers. 2 hardly have international experience, others give runs at 5+ an over.
lanka will always get great scores.

why are we selecting teams that are meant to be thrashed

ALSO,

I once saw agarkar putting 146kph to kirsten(thrashed for four)
and zaheer bowled 149 in WC2003

I genuinely beleive that Sree Santh has what it takes to perform in the international level,he has the sort of attitiude that I have never seen in an Indian fast bowler,I beleive he deserves a chance to prove himself.

fardin said:
It is funny to see people being so happy because India have discovered a Pace bowler who bowls around 140/145.

There are so many bowlers in pakistan that produces those speed results,but they are unheard of,

Great achievment India have finally produced a bowler who bowls around 145.
I think Pakistans greatest achievement would be to produce a bowler who doesn't chuck.

(No offense, excpet to Fardin)

sohummisra said:
Pakistan have a bundle of fast bowlers and even more in the offing. But whenever they bring a new one in, he is sent back to correct his action or get treatment for an injury. No fast bowler, except for Sami and Shoaib, have proved their ability to bowl fast at the international level for a long period of time.

Even Rana Naveed can bowls faster than 140-145 so your argument is void and only shabbir's action has been reported as far as fast bowlers are concerned. Even he has been cleared so sohumissra you have to live with the fact the Pakistan is rich with Fast bowlers. But at the same time India produces a lot more quality batsmen. Lets just hope you keep producing tendulkars and we keep producing waqars and waseems to knock them over.

saisrini80 said:
Tendulkar promised so much today before again getting out rather to the skill of the bowler! He was more aggressive today (100.00 strike rate!). I wish he plays some more matches to get fully into the groove!

Forget him being aggressive ..he's a great player no doubt.
But don't you think the selectors ought to have told him to prove his form to get in the team?He looked rusty throughout the duration of the challenger.
The delivery on which he was dismissed took him completely by surprise.I know that he's great but looking at the Indian team I dont think anything is going to change with tendulkars inclusion.

Ashish_Nehra said:

Cause they have nothing to do better.
Maybe

Also Zaheer bowled at 149 in ICC Knockout Kenya 2000 against Australia i.e in his debut match not in World Cup 2003.
Agarakar does consistently bowl in the 140's but he gives away plenty of runs.He ought to control the run flow.Though he does take wickets the runs per over given by him is pretty high i.e the economy rate.

Ashish_Nehra said:
our team selection is ridiculous

there is no zaheer,nehra,balaji

here is the team, courtesy cricinfo, "kaif,dada not in for first 2 odis due to injury"

Squad
Rahul Dravid (captain), Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh, Venugopal Rao, Suresh Raina, MS Dhoni (wk), Harbhajan Singh, Murali Kartik, Irfan Pathan, Ajit Agarkar, JP Yadav, S Sreesanth, RP Singh, Gautam Gambhir.

irfan,agarkar,sreesanth,rpsingh are major pacers. 2 hardly have international experience, others give runs at 5+ an over.
lanka will always get great scores.

ALSO,

I am extremely happy that Zaheer, nehra are left out! Balaji - he is better suited for test cricket!

Did Zaheer and Nehra do anything worthwhile while they were in the team? Always breaking down to injuries! Zaheer has totally lost his touch with the ball! Nehra is controversially preferring ODI's and also breaks down so much! You seem to be a Nehra fan but nothing can prevent the proof that Zaheer and Nehra have become liabilities to the Indian team!

Sreesanth deserves a look in! We are not playing outside the sub continent! We are playing in India where we are going to get more batting pitches! And we have the arsenal to beat Sri Lanka if we work hard enough! So bowling is not going to be a matter of concern! And Sreesanth has just now come after a great show in the Challenger that too on Indian wickets where the Lankan series is gonna be played!

ZoraxDoom said:
2 deliveries were splendid ones-Balaji's and Sree Sanths.

Even the last one by Piyush Chawla was a brilliant one! It was a great googly which tendulkar didnt expect!

Zaheer and Nehra only performed well in the world cup 2003 ( leave the final ).
After that too, in aus no one except pathan

sami ullah khan said:
Even Rana Naveed can bowls faster than 140-145 so your argument is void and only shabbir's action has been reported as far as fast bowlers are concerned. Even he has been cleared so sohumissra you have to live with the fact the Pakistan is rich with Fast bowlers. But at the same time India produces a lot more quality batsmen. Lets just hope you keep producing tendulkars and we keep producing waqars and waseems to knock them over.

India produces quality batsman?I didnt know that neither will some one who has just started watching cricket and following team india.

fardin said:
India produces quality batsman?I didnt know that neither will some one who has just started watching cricket and following team india.

also those who dont deserve to watch cricket!

Who is Sreesanth? Haven't heard about him much. I saw his profile at cricinfo and he looks little 16 year old boy. Is he a good bowler because I haven't seen him bowling??

preet said:
Who is Sreesanth? Haven't heard about him much. I saw his profile at cricinfo and he looks little 16 year old boy. Is he a good bowler because I haven't seen him bowling??

He was the joint top wicket taker of the recently concluded Challenger series! He has also performed creditably in the domestic level to merit a national selection! He is a right arm fast medium bowler!

Users who are viewing this thread