India's next pace bowling sensation? - VRV Singh

Dhoni

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
saisrini80 said:
He was the joint top wicket taker of the recently concluded Challenger series! He has also performed creditably in the domestic level to merit a national selection! He is a right arm fast medium bowler!
Ok! Thanks buddy!! :cheers

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
fardin said:
India produces quality batsman?I didnt know that neither will some one who has just started watching cricket and following team india.

India has produced quality batsmen and most Pakistanis who know cricket will acknowledge that (the same way that most Indians acknowledge the fact that Pak produces great fast bowlers)
Over the years we have had a list of great batsmen from
Gavaskar,Vengsarkar,Sachin Tendulkar, Amarnaths (Mohinder and Lala) , GR.Vishwanath,Mhd.Azharuddin,Rahul Dravid ,VVS Laxman, Sehwag(a guy who scored 309 against your world beating Pakistan bowling attack)
Sourav Ganguly (even a player who we now feel is the worst bat ever has scored 10,000 ODI runs) ...............................and many more whom I have missed in this list. In answer to that Pakistan have just a handful to name : Zaheer Abbas,Miandad,Inzamam,Anwar ,Youhana (Not many others spring to mind )

FAST BOWLING SCENARIO
On the other hand Pakistan hav produced quickies like Sarfaraz,Imran,Wasim,Waqar,Shoaib,Aaquib Javed and many others ! India , however has produced just Kapil,Srinath and a few others who are showing a bit of promise now !

Fardin, there is nothing wrong in appreciating players from other countries , (sometimes even Indians)

Last edited:

Ashish_Nehra

Club Cricketer
dravid is surely in worst form, he played badly in recent triangular, and super series and out for duck in super test. this is something to worry

just to remind someone, nehra picked 11 in 5 vs PAK, and 12 in 5 vs SL/WI(and a 6 wicket haul). adds to 23 wickets in 10 matches in subcontinent conditions
He flopped in zimbabwe, right. but since when is zimbabwe in subcontinent.

zaheer is a great pacer, say whatever, he is the best bowler in seaming conditions, agarkar was waste of time at Nagpur where zaheer really troubled aussies.
forgot brisbane test, aus 262/2 to 325 allout

and for injuries, remember what irfan did vs pak this year, he even lost his inswing.
you can't blame a player for getting injured, nobody intenionally wants injury
but they deserve selection when fit

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
How many times do I have to say it? fardin is just desperate for attention and is making these ridiculous posts in a sad attempt to get it!

Don't give it him!

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Ashish_Nehra said:
dravid is surely in worst form, he played badly in recent triangular, and super series and out for duck in super test. this is something to worry

just to remind someone, nehra picked 11 in 5 vs PAK, and 12 in 5 vs SL/WI(and a 6 wicket haul). adds to 23 wickets in 10 matches in subcontinent conditions
He flopped in zimbabwe, right. but since when is zimbabwe in subcontinent.

zaheer is a great pacer, say whatever, he is the best bowler in seaming conditions, agarkar was waste of time at Nagpur where zaheer really troubled aussies.
forgot brisbane test, aus 262/2 to 325 allout

and for injuries, remember what irfan did vs pak this year, he even lost his inswing.
you can't blame a player for getting injured, nobody intenionally wants injury
but they deserve selection when fit

The thing is Dravid is in a bad patch.But he has got himself selected for the super series.He did well in zimbabwe tests and lanka odi's .I don't think its a cause of worry.So if you feel that dravid is a cause of worry...so should be sachin.He did nothing in the challenger.Form dropped drastically.Even S Vidyut (played 1 match ) scored 87 runs which is exactly 49 runs more than what tendulkar got in 3 matches.
So i dont think Dravid's form should be a worry.

Nehra too is not a bad performer.He's a wonderful bowler.Who does not remember him for the England match in the world cup ?
The thing is,that nehra is just a one-match wonder or a one-series wonder.He does not perform consistently enough.He has been in and out of the Indian side since his debut in 1997 against Sri Lanka.Then he came back against The Zimbabweans in 2000 where he showed his class.After that performed well in the World Cup .Rest ,he's does nothing great.

I don't think much of Zaheer Khan.He's lost his fast pace and most impoirtantly he's lost those beautiful inswinging yorkers which he used to bowl at the start of his career.He's not a good contributor with the bat too unlike pathan.Brisbane test too-one off performance.
Say about Pathan he did lose his in swing during the pak series but now he's got it back and that too in style.Battings good too.
Agarkar -a good choice i would say as he can bat too.Lets give him some chances.We have given plenty to Zaheer and Nehra .

Ashish_Nehra

Club Cricketer
think about lankans, they've got all

jayasuriya,attapattu,sangakkara,jayawardne,arnold,dilshan,tharanga
chandana,maharoof,vaas,zoysa,fernando,murali

this can make a really good team.
and yeah ranked no.2

vs players out of form(sehwag,dravid,rao,raina), some uncertain performers(yuvi,dhoni,sachin,ajit,yadav), very few sureshot performers(irfan,harbhajan) and unknown bowlers
and ranked no.7

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
ok whatever it is.. lets wait and see what the first two matches leads us to!

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
andrew_nixon said:
How many times do I have to say it? fardin is just desperate for attention and is making these ridiculous posts in a sad attempt to get it!

Don't give it him!

Why dont you get over it Andrew Nixon?

aditya123 said:
India has produced quality batsmen and most Pakistanis who know cricket will acknowledge that (the same way that most Indians acknowledge the fact that Pak produces great fast bowlers)
Over the years we have had a list of great batsmen from
Gavaskar,Vengsarkar,Sachin Tendulkar, Amarnaths (Mohinder and Lala) , GR.Vishwanath,Mhd.Azharuddin,Rahul Dravid ,VVS Laxman, Sehwag(a guy who scored 309 against your world beating Pakistan bowling attack)
Sourav Ganguly (even a player who we now feel is the worst bat ever has scored 10,000 ODI runs) ...............................and many more whom I have missed in this list. In answer to that Pakistan have just a handful to name : Zaheer Abbas,Miandad,Inzamam,Anwar ,Youhana (Not many others spring to mind )

FAST BOWLING SCENARIO
On the other hand Pakistan hav produced quickies like Sarfaraz,Imran,Wasim,Waqar,Shoaib,Aaquib Javed and many others ! India , however has produced just Kapil,Srinath and a few others who are showing a bit of promise now !

Fardin, there is nothing wrong in appreciating players from other countries , (sometimes even Indians)

I admit the fact that India has produced some of the best batsmen recent time,but however why cant India produce the resutls than?

It doesnt matter what kind of batsmen or bowler you have in the team,if they dont produce the results why bothering calling them a great batsman or a bowler,

Sri lanka was all over India in triangular series in sri lanak,and surely if india didnt beat sri lanka in this series i would stop admitting the fact that india was ever a good team.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I am sure the India is not going to worry about you stopping to admit that they were ever a good team!

fardin

saisrini80 said:
I am sure the India is not going to worry about you stopping to admit that they were ever a good team!

I am sure they wont,

India: population 1 Billion

I am just making you guys realize the fact that losing the series againts sri lanka at home will not be a good feeling for some of the indian fans in this site specially you Saisrini,

aditya123

National Board President
fardin said:
Why dont you get over it Andrew Nixon?

I admit the fact that India has produced some of the best batsmen recent time,but however why cant India produce the resutls than?

It doesnt matter what kind of batsmen or bowler you have in the team,if they dont produce the results why bothering calling them a great batsman or a bowler,

Sri lanka was all over India in triangular series in sri lanak,and surely if india didnt beat sri lanka in this series i would stop admitting the fact that india was ever a good team.

and do you think Pakistan have produced all the results with the best consistency possible . Pakistan , Iam afraid have lost the last 9 test matches they have played against Australia (the best side in the world).Pakistan have lost 3-0 the last three series against Australia .
Whereas India have beaten Australia in the 1998,2001 series and drew 1-1 in Australia in 2003 to retain the trophy before losing to Australia in 2005 . We`ve played 17 tests against Australia since 1998

India V Australia in Tests from 98-05
Played 17 :
India Won : 6
Australia won : 8
Drawn : 3

Pakistan V Australia in tests from 99-05
Played : 9
Pak Won : 0
Australia Won : 9

Is`nt that a decent enough record against the best side in the world to prove to you that India can play cricket and are at least better than your dear Zim !

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
fardin said:
I am sure they wont,

India: population 1 Billion

I am just making you guys realize the fact that losing the series againts sri lanka at home will not be a good feeling for some of the indian fans in this site specially you Saisrini,

UNDER THE CURRENT CIRCUMSTANCES, I dont mind a defeat if it is a hard fought one! So you dont have to worry about how my feelings would be after a defeat! We Indians have seen our share of losses on the Indian cricket team! There is a thin line diving optimism and blind support! I guess I am on the line of optimism!

fardin

aditya123 said:
and do you think Pakistan have produced all the results with the best consistency possible . Pakistan , Iam afraid have lost the last 9 test matches they have played against Australia (the best side in the world).Pakistan have lost 3-0 the last three series against Australia .
Whereas India have beaten Australia in the 1998,2001 series and drew 1-1 in Australia in 2003 to retain the trophy before losing to Australia in 2005 . We`ve played 17 tests against Australia since 1998

Played 17 :

Is`nt that a decent enough record against the best side in the world to prove to you that India can play cricket and are at least better than your dear Zim !

Would you please bring in the odi stats for both teams againts Australia.

saisrini80 said:
UNDER THE CURRENT CIRCUMSTANCES, I dont mind a defeat if it is a hard fought one! So you dont have to worry about how my feelings would be after a defeat! We Indians have seen our share of losses on the Indian cricket team! There is a thin line diving optimism and blind support! I guess I am on the line of optimism!

:rolleyes:

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
aditya123 said:
Played 17 :

We are not talking about test cricket over here.
look at the ODI performance last year.
Lost to bangladesh
Lost to pakistan ( from 2-0 up )

Ashish_Nehra said:
vs players out of form(sehwag,dravid,rao,raina), some uncertain performers(yuvi,dhoni,sachin,ajit,yadav), very few sureshot performers(irfan,harbhajan) and unknown bowlers
and ranked no.7

Rao is in sparkling form.
harbhajan does not deserve a place and he'll be thrown out for the south african series.Murali karthik is a much better choice at this point of time.
We have given enough chance to bhajji to improve.

And tell me if the team does not make any changes how is it going to improve? You just cannot have tendulkar playing all through his career for India....can you ? :rolleyes:

aditya123

National Board President
iceman_waugh said:
We are not talking about test cricket over here.
look at the ODI performance last year.
Lost to bangladesh
Lost to pakistan ( from 2-0 up )

I thought that this thread was about India`s new fast bowling find VRV Singh ! Fardin has managed to deviate everyone from the whole topic in a way by which only fardin can ! I think Andrew was right . We must avoid answering to fardin`s attention seeking posts !

And BTW, if India are doing well in tests , it should just be a matter of time before they get back to winning ways in ODIs as well . After all, the nucleus of the ODI side and the test side are almost the same !

Users who are viewing this thread