Will Ganguly come back to the heights he achieved before?

My guess is, this problem of not mixing well goes back to the final days of Wright when India kept losing. they might have had problems which never became public.. chappell would have been too strong and strict that out of insecurity, all things private came out public... and now all things of not mixing well,having attitude problems, etc come out...

You know wat? I think Wright had given up towards the end of his stint and just wanted to go home!

About Gangz mixing with others: As it would happen top any good player, i think his poor form was getting to him and he did not want it to affect the team. Now he must be wanting to score some runs and feel confident about himself.

Also, if the current great players in the team aren't helping him out, i think he should go and have a chat with Sunil Gavaskar or someone to sort out his mind atleast, take some pressure of himself and play like the Ganguly of old.

He is playing like the old Ganguly. You could see that positiveness in him on the field during the Delhi test.
It is just stupid to say "we kicked ganguly because of attitude problems". i mean he is a professional and so are others. If a team cannot adjust and change the environment, what is the use?

I dont think all what the media says is 'true'! Yes, before Chappell has slammed Ganguly of attitude problems in that e-mail but that was long back. It might even be that the media is clinging to that same 'attitude problems' to sensationalise their news because they are not getting any concrete reason why Ganguly is dropped!

saisrini80 said:
I dont think all what the media says is 'true'! Yes, before Chappell has slammed Ganguly of attitude problems in that e-mail but that was long back. It might even be that the media is clinging to that same 'attitude problems' to sensationalise their news because they are not getting any concrete reason why Ganguly is dropped!

exactly.
when they don't get info on anything, they should shut up. Indian media however is a parasite, all they care is reputation and money. So they make few players scapegoat and talk rubbish on them. Unfortunately, people believe them.

Coming back to Ganguly, if given a chance again, i'm very sure he'll come back to the standards he set for himself, and the team.

cricket_lover said:
exactly.
when they don't get info on anything, they should shut up. Indian media however is a parasite, all they care is reputation and money. So they make few players scapegoat and talk rubbish on them. Unfortunately, people believe them.

Coming back to Ganguly, if given a chance again, i'm very sure he'll come back to the standards he set for himself, and the team.

Yep........I agree. Gangs should play more domestic cricket to get his form and toach back.

I am not saying its too late for him, but I think it would actually have a negative impact if he came back to test cricket. i mean, he isn't all that young. But I think we can still have a role for him in ODIs, probably and a lower order hitter and part time seamer.

ZoraxDoom said:
I am not saying its too late for him, but I think it would actually have a negative impact if he came back to test cricket. i mean, he isn't all that young. But I think we can still have a role for him in ODIs, probably and a lower order hitter and part time seamer.

Ganguly is still a very Important player for India with lots of expierence. Ganguly should play the number 4 role.......where he can play himself in and when the spinners come into bowl....he can dance down the wicket and slog it for 6.

Adarsh said:
When was the last classic Ganguly six you have seen? It has been a long time. Probably in the World Cup?

1. Natwest Challenge 2004: 3rd ODI against England. He slogged either Gough or Wharf for a six over mid-on. Went on to score 90.

2. Pak tour 2004. 1st match ODI. Bowler Naved-ul-Hasn. Gangz was stuck on zero for 10-14 balls while Sehwag was going hammer and tongs. First ball he faced of Naved he pulled him for six to mid-wicket.

3. He hit another six of Sami in the 2nd or 3rd match of the series but it was a top edge over fine leg.

HE GOT OUT TRYING TO PULL ON ALL THREE MATCHES.

Last edited:
*Ganguli will remain one of the cleanest striker in cricket (..I'm talking about 6s,boy when he hits them.they sail..)but every player has to leave cricket at some point of time whether for a good reason or bad one.

*Now, how and on what bases selecters can pick him for Pak series after they have dropped him from the squad even after playing 2 good innings??

*Anyways in any case it won't affect Ind whether he is in team or not.
Ind have lots of talented guys now who are better than Ganguli at this stage.

*Also Dravid and Chapell don't want him in the team and I reckon they both play very imp role in Ind team's selection now.So its unlikely that Ganguli will make a comeback.

Last edited:
cricket doctor said:
*Ganguli will remain one of the cleanest striker in cricket (..I'm talking about 6s,boy when he hits them.they sail..)but every player has to leave cricket at some point of time whether for a good reason or bad one.

*Now, how and on what bases selecters can pick him for Pak series after they have dropped him from the squad even after playing 2 good innings??

*Anyways in any case it won't affect Ind whether he is in team or not.
Ind have lots of talented guys now who are better than Ganguli at this stage.

*Also Dravid and Chapell don't want him in the team and I reckon they both play very imp role in Ind team's selection now.So its unlikely that Ganguli will make a comeback.

Do even underestimate the selectors. They have coin any new phrases and can invent any new sentences to bring Ganguly back or to throw him out!

I expect Ganguly to be there for the Pakistan tour!

Update: Dont know where to post this but will do it here!

Pakistan prepare fast and bouncy tracks for India series

Last edited:
saisrini80 said:
Do even underestimate the selectors. They have coin any new phrases and can invent any new sentences to bring Ganguly back or to throw him out!

I expect Ganguly to be there for the Pakistan tour!

Update: Dont know where to post this but will do it here!

Pakistan prepare fast and bouncy tracks for India series

Selectors are doing their job, but one thing is not going in the right way. Selectors cannot have personal reasons in kicking out players. It happened with Mohinder Amarnath, S.Patil and now Ganguly. I'm sure it will continue unless the public react.
We dont' want politics.

If ganguly is not selected because of poor form, that would be a good reason. Despite two good knocks, he was not selected.
Ahh..don't i keep repeating the same thing again?

Users who are viewing this thread