Ganguly axed as India captain

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have a firm belief that Ganguly will come back in the team as a captain doesn't matter what happens. Very sad news for India. I wonder why there are still people in the world supporting ganguly after witnessing all this fiasco(his slump for last two years, differences with Wright, Chappell, biassed support in BCCI, onfield body language, his opinions in press conferences, his negligence on part that India lost 18 finals(learn between his spoken lines during those lost finals' presentations). I have been away from India for 4 years so haven't watched much cricket but still have been able to observe all this. Come on guys think with mature head. All of you are 18+ hopefully.
But You know what it doesn't matter because haven't you heard that song by Govinda--"It happens only in India" :D
So Ganguly's rein will return unless something else big happens. Remember it took a scandal like match-fixing to kick out Azharuddin out otherwise he would have been still playing.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
He 'll come back...

Though maybe not as a captain but as a player.
This is because he is a great player and in India all greats are given more chances.
He has been left out only because of his injury.Had he not been injured he would have still been leading the side.
If the selectors want him to prove his match fitness and form the same must be done with sachin tendulkar too.He was very rusty and did not quite look upto the international standards in this week's challenger trophy.So why not ask him too to prove form ?

Dravid did not want the job unless he was to be handed over the reins for a longer duration.
He was apparently upset over being side-lined after the Sri Lanka tri-series.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I strongly believe that the tide has turned over this time around! Ganguly most probably will never come back as captain! Did you hear what SK Nair said "Dravid's appointment has got nothing to do with Ganguly's injury, and he has been appointed because the selectors DESIRED A CHANGE!!!! So it means that the selectors are not impressed with Ganguly's captaincy and wanted a change in reins! This itself states that Ganguly is not going to have an easy comeback to the captaincy seat (which is only possible if Dravid performs disastrously!).

Secondly, Nair also said that Ganguly's return as a player would depend on his form and fitness! If he is dropped because of his injury, then the decision is absolutely absurd. The Board knows that he is scheduled to deliver his fitness test on october 18th. The Board has that opportunity of naming him a provisional player and include him in the 15 subject to his fitness test! But still the Board opted to leave him out for the first two ODI's.

I look at it from a positive point of view that the selectors no longer support Ganguly blindly and now emphasise on his form and fitness!

Users who are viewing this thread