Chappell wants Ganguly out

iceman_waugh said:
I dont think Chappell is going anywhere.
I mean, if no chappell then who?
Chappell was chosen because of ganguly. Dravid, sachin and the others wanted tom moody.
If the players are getting a say in it, then the board should really consider what it's actually there for.

angryangy said:
If the players are getting a say in it, then the board should really consider what it's actually there for.

And our emotions is not going to stand in the way of our money! Say if those players stomp out of the team just because Saurav is dropped, the Board will happily bring in players from domestic level and run the team as it was so far! Our domestic cricket is much better than Zimbabwe, West Indies, Bangladesh, Pakistan or even South Africa for that matter! We have the infrastructure to come up with godo players! We already have guys waiting in the wings to fill up spots!

Just watch out - no one from the current line up would move if Saurav gets the boot! I think both Chappell and Ganguly would again be asked to try to work out solutions together! Thats the most likely option that the board might choose! the next most likely thing would be that the board will say to chappell "your allegations are proved wrong. Ganguly is here to stay". Which means indirectly that the coach has the option to leave if he really doesnt want to work with Ganguly!

But I dont want the second option to happen. I want the board to think in the long term and take a hard decision that Indian cricket is going to benefit

Last edited:
its the correct time to remove ganguly and tendulkar out,They have got what they wanted 10000+ runs.Now they havent been doing anything for the country.Just increasing their stats wont help teams cause.

and also who should be the next captain?

any guess?

did u guys notice why australia won the world cup.steve waugh said one of the main important factor for their success is player's rotation policy .In this way all get chance and temas morale would be high all the time .

India should learn from this.they should also introduce captain rotation policy.For example dravid captain for 2 matches,for the next 2 matches laxman,next sehwag,next kaif,next yuvraj,next harbhajan,next kumble,in this way all get the chance to chance their side and the spirit of all players would be high all the time.And there wont be ny quarrel for captaincy.All will be great for india

Mahesh Babu said:
its the correct time to remove ganguly and tendulkar out,They have got what they wanted 10000+ runs.Now they havent been doing anything for the country.Just increasing their stats wont help teams cause.

and also who should be the next captain?

any guess?

did u guys notice why australia won the world cup.steve waugh said one of the main important factor for their success is player's rotation policy .In this way all get chance and temas morale would be high all the time .

India should learn from this.they should also introduce captain rotation policy.For example dravid captain for 2 matches,for the next 2 matches laxman,next sehwag,next kaif,next yuvraj,next harbhajan,next kumble,in this way all get the chance to chance their side and the spirit of all players would be high all the time.And there wont be ny quarrel for captaincy.All will be great for india

I agree with you on ganguly! But Tendulkar? Crap! He has always been scoring runs for India! He isnt needed to win matches single handedly. Always in our recent victories, he has been the guiding force to the victories. He has laid the foundation for the others to carry it forward. He should never be sacked unless and until he himself decides to retire (as of now; if he performs poorly for a longer period of time and looks out of sorts, yes he also should be sacked but he doesnt show those signs)!

Did Steve Waugh allow others to captain the side in the World Cup 1999? What an idea is that? Having different captains in different matches just wont work in India! It destabilises the team affecting the team morale! Having a single captain and having him for a longer period of time is the tactic that would work best with India!

u dint understand.Australia used to rotate their players not captains.

Australia implemeted player rotation policy and we will go one step ahead by introducing captain rotation policy.

Last edited:
Since India has such a 'great' infrastructure with its Domestic Cricket, replacing Ganguly shouldn't be much of a hassle. Ganguly obviously is not mature enough and too emotional to control any situation in this period of Indian cricket. It's clear when he bites his fingernails as if there is nothing else to do. Tendulkar has always seemed w/o pressure, atleast on the outside if not the inside. Pretty much like Inzi and Vaughan.
I say quit the emotional stuff, and go the professional way.

Yes. I agree. Ganguly can be replaced by some one who is right now in domestic cricket. There are guys like Shikar Dhawan, Ambati Rayudu, etc waiting in the wings. Even they can replace Sachin in the squad (which I wont do any soon!). Ganguly surely has to be replaced!

Meanwhile, Gautam Gambhir can play both forms of cricket! He has the aggressive approach that is needed for ODI cricket! He can be an opener too!

Harbhajan asked to shut up!

Read here

Great job done by the people concerned! This guy is a useless fellow, trying to save his captain! I dont worry about his future relations with the coach. If he is not working well, let him go! We dont have dearth of sincere performing spinners!

Latest Update

Chappell stays, Ganguly might get a deadline to prove!

The above is not the final decision! Its just a buzz going on about the big hearing that is about to happen in a few hours! I feel this deal might be a fair one to both Chappell and Ganguly! I am sure Chappell will have enough time to rebuild the squad in time for the World Cup if Ganguly fails in the two series and quits after that!

Last edited:
I dont care if sourav loses or chappell loses..the point is that Indian cricket shouldnt lose as a result of this mess...its sad that the board is not stopping the players & the coach from shooting their mouths off at each other!!!

satish_lastride said:
I dont care if sourav loses or chappell loses..the point is that Indian cricket shouldnt lose as a result of this mess...its sad that the board is not stopping the players & the coach from shooting their mouths off at each other!!!

I think some thing positive might come out regarding the players and the coach shooting their mouths off to the media! Because the board is right now in a huge embarassement after all the recent happenings!

Cricketers like Steve Waugh, etc have started advicing thre board to act in a certain way! The board should act up now!

Ha Ha. I am actually starting to enjoy it. Something spicy happening in Indian Cricket. Its about bl**dy time. One Ashes loss has made Ausie Cricket Board go bananas but 18 ODI final losses hasn't troubled a soul in BCCI or Indian team. Something's gotta give!! :onpc

yes Harbhajan is an idiot to come out publicly against the coach.
A middle ground is what I expected..so I have this mess is soon over for good and team India gets on with cricket.

Its now official! Chappell and Ganguly have assured the board to keep their differences aside and work together for a common goal! Ganguly has also been reprimanded and the board has said that performance would be the criterion!

Not a bad decision in my opinion! At least now, let this controversy recede to the dumps!

iceman_waugh said:
Performanc eis always the criterion.
This decision has come a bit too late.

I dont think so! Its never late! We have sufficient time for the World Cup and this decision hopefully should now inspire Ganguly to lead his team in the right way and also time for him to give serious importance to his own batting form!

Users who are viewing this thread