Story India's Road to the World Cup 2011 *** Indians set Windies a target ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im looking forward to this story mate.So far the things you've said in this story are very similar to the real events happening now.Lets see how the likes of Badri,Nayar and Nehra perform.KUTGW.

dvh4kn.png
India in West Indies
West Indies v India
First ODI,Jamaica.
1st Innings.

Visitors Choose to Bat First!
(Dhoni leads a young team out with couple of newcomers)

Welcome back to Jamaica for the first One Day International match between West Indies and India, live and exclusive on Sky Sports. After a disappointing World Twenty20 campaign in England, the Indians will be hoping to return back to winning ways and continue their great show in the 50 over format of the game. While the host will be looking to carry their great form from the shortest format of the game to the 50 over format. The Indians are without some key players like Sachin Tendulkar, Zaheer Khan and Virender Sehwag but their newcomers cant surely be underestimated. The host will be playing with the same squad which led them to the semifinals of the World Twenty20 tournament.

Weather and Pitch Report

pitch.jpg

Weather Report:- The weather looks perfect for a game of cricket. The sky is clear and the temperature is not too hot. Its mild and there wont be an weather interruptions for today's play.

Pitch Report:- The Pitch is looking hard, it will have some even bounce throughout the game. The pitch looks a complete batting paradise, as the ball will be coming nicely onto the bat and shots will be easier to play.

There isn't much in this pitch for the bowlers. There will be some swing with the new ball for the first 10-12 overs but after that it would be much easier for the batsmen to play their shots. They will have work very hard to get anything from this pitch.

The team winning the toss will have an easy decision to make that is bat first and score around 300 runs which would be a good score to defend on this surface. So, weather and pitch conditions hold good for today's play.

India Won the Toss & Elect to Bat first.

Well, the news from the center is that, the Indian skipper, MS Dhoni has won the toss and without any thinking to do he has decided to bat first on a good batting pitch. Chris Gayle, the West Indies skipper, will have some talking to do with his bowlers before the match.

Teams

westindies.jpg

West Indies:- Just one change from the match against Sri Lanka, in the World Twenty20 Championship semifinals, Fidel Edwards returns in place Darren Smamy. The return of Edwards would surely strengthen the bowling department of the host which includes the likes of Taylor, Pollard, Benn, Barvo and Gayle. The rest of the team remains same with Gayle and Marshall opening the batting.

indiaq.jpg

India:- Some changes from the side that lost to South Africa in the World Twenty20 Championships. Bradinath, and Pragyan Ojha come in for Suresh Raina and Zaheer Khan, while Abhishek Nayar makes his India debut and replaces Ravidra Jadeja. Indians will have two spinners in form of Harbhajan Singh and Pragyan Ojha and it also looks like they have decided to open with Rohit Sharma and Gautam Gambhir.

As the players make their way onto the field, we will slip in short commercial break. On the other side of the break will be live action from Jamaica. So stay tuned to Sky Sports.

Great work shantanurooney i am also really impressed with your presenting skills like overlays pitch report playing x11 best of luck for story:clap:clap

This presentation style reminds me of the great GamerKid's presentation when his story was in force. Good update mate, keep the good work coming.

Looking at the squads, I would not put Xavier Marshall in collaboration with Chris Gayle due to the fact he has not been in good form as shown in the World Twenty20. Other than that, the West Indies have a strong line-up which brings me onto my next point.

Looking at the Indian squad, Yuvraj is the main man. In addition, a good descion to play Ojha aswell as Harbhajan due to the fact that I reckon there will be some turn for both of them in the later stages of the Innings. Finally, Abhishek Nayar will be tested today as he is the 6th bowler you can say.

Onto the graphics and presentation. As Roo said it reminds me of Gamer's. I really due like the use of graphics aswell as the presentation as it collaborats with Sky Sports.

Overall, a fantastic effort Shantanu. :hpraise I reckon 250-270 will be a demanding target.

It is going to be a big test for the newcomers. Good luck to them for their debuts. West Indies.. I don't think it is an ideal ground to make debuts.. but lets see. :) As always, quality presentation. :hpraise

Top update mate. Looks brilliant presentation wise and writing wise. The pitch looks a belter for batsmen.

Good stuff mate kiu!

The presentation is brilliant. I was reading ur South African story as well and i hope this one is longer than the previous one. Good Stuff

dvh4kn.png
India in West Indies
West Indies v India
First ODI,Jamaica.
End of 10 overs

Early Blow for Indians
(Edwards strikes as Gambhir departs)
With the Indians winning the toss and asking West Indies to bowl first, all the West Indies players came out of the dressing room followed by the umpires. The attendance for today's game is quite brilliant. The stadium is already fully packed and the atmosphere in the ground is very energetic. Soon followed by the two Indian openers Gautam Gambhir and Rohit Sharma. Gambhir has been in the form of his life over past year and will be hoping to continue that form while Rohit Sharma is being used as a make shift opener in the absence of the injured Virender Sehwag. While Jerome Taylor and Fidel Edwards shared the new ball.

Gambhir's Wicket

The Indians needed a very good start from their openers and that dint happen. Taylor and Edwards who opened the bowling for the West Indies were on target, varying their lengths. One short ball was followed by a yorker and then a slower one. This troubled the two batsman and that made the runs very difficult to come. But the runs did come in form of singles. Most of them came towards the fine leg area as Gambhir and Sharma kept the scoreboard ticking. The run rate was around two runs per over and that showed how well the bowlers had bowled. All the shots played went to the fielders hand and this was starting to frustrate the two batsman.

fw554k.jpg

this frustration resulted in the fall of the first wicket of the game. Fidel Edwards who was bowling brilliantly pitched it short, and Gautam Gambhir went for a pull shot over square leg but didn't get the timing right and instead gave an easy catch to Ramnaresh Sarwan standing at mid-wicket. Gambhir looked very disappointed with himself as he made the way back to the pavilion with just 6 runs in front of his name on the scoreboard and the Indians were in trouble at 11 for the loss of one wicket.

Difficulty against Short Balls
Subramaniam Badrinath who was picked in the squad for the injured Suresh Raina came one down replacing Gautam Gambhir. Badrinath was welcomed with a short ball from Edwards that hit his arm. West Indies were using the same tactic that they used against the Indians in the Twenty20 World Cup, that was using the short balls quite often. Edwards and Taylor bowled at least two three short balls each over and the two Indian batsmen were finding it difficult to play them.

20zsfpu.jpg

But the two batsmen kept the scoreboard ticking with the ones towards fine leg or towards long on. But still were unable to do anything when the bowlers pitched it short. Some of the short balls struck Rohit Sharma on his chest but he never gave any expression that he was hurt, instead he came back brilliantly the next ball by smashing Taylor through the point and gully region for the first boundary of the innings.

Well at the end of ten overs, Indians have 23 runs on board with the loss of one wicket of Gautam Gambhir for just 6 runs. Indians need to increase the tempo and play their shots. But it wont be easy as the West Indies bowlers have bowled brilliantly and have used the short ball perfectly to trouble the batsmen. Gayle would be hoping to get some more wickets with quicker bowlers before the spinners are introduced.

India: 23/1( 10 Overs, Run Rate: 2.30 )
R.Sharma: 14*(33)
S.Badrinath: 3*(12)
Extras: 0

Last Wicket:
G.Gambhir c Sarwan b Edwards 6(!5)

J.Taylor: 5-0-14-0
F.Edwards: 5-1-9-1

Thats a pretty good start for the Windies.

Very good presentation mate, loving this work, keep up the brilliant graphics as well

I would be updating this story soon on Monday or Tuesday possibly. ATM I am at my sister's place where I don't have the game and am busy with my college admissions. Anyways the admission is done so expect some 3-4 updates next week.

Once again sorry for the lack of updates for the past few days/weeks. But I can tell you this story isn't dead.

Anyways thanks to everyone who have been reading this story, Keep doing so in the future...:happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread