Intel E6750 Processor

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Thanks guys for the invaluable input...
I'm planning to go to Nehru place tomorrow.. (wasn't able to go earlier, was not well)...

I have planned
E6550 / G33 m/b
2 GB Ram (1gb X 2 as kshitiz suggested)
LCD monitor - 15 inches (ya i know its too less for today's standards, but dad doesn't want a bigger one :()
250 Gb Hdd - seagate preferably
any good keyboard/mouse,

I'm confused about the PSU... 450 or 500 W ???

Inputs are welcome :)

btw... whats the difference between the intel G33, and Gigabyte G33???

Last edited:

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I think get a 500W one :)

And i think i should warn you, dont go for Intel G33, the original one going around in Nehru place. I bought one and its useless - fan speed doesnt cross 900 rpm and idle temp. touch 60 degree celsius!

Get a Gigabyte or asus G33, best is Asus i think. Best see on www.asus.com.tw and check the specs and find the most suitable motherboard. You cant even overclock in the intel's G33 mobo.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Ok, I went to nehru place today, and bought the computers i needed (2)
Both are of the same config...

E6550 / intel G33 m/b (too bad i did not see your post kshitiz :( )
2 GB Ram (1gb X 2 as kshitiz suggested) Transcend
LCD monitor - 15 inches Samsung
250 Gb Hdd - seagate
Logitech keyboard/mouse,

PSU... 550 W

Cost me about Rs. 31000 for the whole system, including UPS...

I just installed windows XP right now, and am planning to get Vista Ultimate installed in a few days :)

Just hoping for good performance!!

Any suggestions for a cheap graphics card? coz i may need one for video recording and stuff...

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Ya, Nehru place is arguably the cheapest place to buy your computer from in delhi....

I got a 512 mb ram for my laptop as well... 1200 bucks, Performance has seen a HUGE boost already :)
vista seems to love the extra ram... from a score of a lowly 2.9, ram has come up to 4.5 !!!
still the score is pathetic at 3.1... (graphics)

also bought a web-cam (Rs. 800), really good picture quality, and imo, great value for money!!

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Won't it cost lesser in US? Checking prices online that seems to be the case. Its imported here so with the duty its going to cost more.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am buying a new PC today without monitor,keyboard and mouse ;) Duno what it kind of config it will be :p

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Ok, I went to nehru place today, and bought the computers i needed (2)
Both are of the same config...

E6550 / intel G33 m/b (too bad i did not see your post kshitiz :( )
2 GB Ram (1gb X 2 as kshitiz suggested) Transcend
LCD monitor - 15 inches Samsung
250 Gb Hdd - seagate
Logitech keyboard/mouse,

PSU... 550 W

Cost me about Rs. 31000 for the whole system, including UPS...

I just installed windows XP right now, and am planning to get Vista Ultimate installed in a few days :)

Just hoping for good performance!!

Any suggestions for a cheap graphics card? coz i may need one for video recording and stuff...
Lol. One more thing problematic about the G33 intel one is that it doesnt support overclocking....... a pity with such a processor :p

but anyways :) A fantastic pc you've got here.

And for the graphics card, if you dont have too many gaming purposes and are on a budget, go for a 8500GT. The card can reasonably handle games at 1024*768( quite a lot of them) and when it comes to FIFA o8 and Cricket 07, they are a treat( run at 16x AA). So the card is pretty nice and powerful enough to handle your workload, and its dirt cheap, probbablky around 4800.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Lol. One more thing problematic about the G33 intel one is that it doesnt support overclocking....... a pity with such a processor :p

but anyways :) A fantastic pc you've got here.

And for the graphics card, if you dont have too many gaming purposes and are on a budget, go for a 8500GT. The card can reasonably handle games at 1024*768( quite a lot of them) and when it comes to FIFA o8 and Cricket 07, they are a treat( run at 16x AA). So the card is pretty nice and powerful enough to handle your workload, and its dirt cheap, probbablky around 4800.

I'm not going to overclock this... I really don't need it for extreme gaming or graphics...

As for the graphics card... i need to run a video recording software (CCTV security solution), so imo, the 8500GT should do the job :)

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have just bought my new conifg PC :) here are the specifications :)

1. AMD AM2 ATH 4000 CPU

2. MSI M/B K9N SLI Platinum

3. Seagate HDD SATA 320 GB

4. XFX 8500 GT (512)

5. 1GB X 2 DDR2 667 Transcend

Users who are viewing this thread