Inzamam;A match winning player?

ronny_kingsley said:
For a batsman to be in the top bracket he has to be in the top order rather than middle and sometimes even lower order

Heard it here first folks, Gilchrist is crap.

Inzi has been the most consistent player in the world, in the past 7-8 years, the whole team (Pakistan) depend on him to get a good milestone. As you would see that players who are at the other end while Inzi is batting are far more relaxed and calm. That is a big affect when your captain is in great form.

Inzy is best said:
INZY is better than lara and sachin.he proved recently in test matches in pakistan against england.so boys inzy is best all time of legend.he score only for pakistan.and lara and sachin score for own reputation not for team thar its true.everybody knows

Shame on you. What a pathetic comparison.

Anyways, how come no one is talking about the state of the pitches in Pakistan. All the pitches produced in this series were as flat as pancakes. The pitch for the last test was probably one of the flattest pitches ever produced. Don't let England's pathetic batting decieve you. I'm sorry to disappoint you but Inzi is nothing more than a flat track bully. Just look at his performance last year when Pakistan toured Australia and again in the super series.

jdbais said:
Shame on you. What a pathetic comparison.

Anyways, how come no one is talking about the state of the pitches in Pakistan. All the pitches produced in this series were as flat as pancakes. The pitch for the last test was probably one of the flattest pitches ever produced. Don't let England's pathetic batting decieve you. I'm sorry to disappoint you but Inzi is nothing more than a flat track bully. Just look at his performance last year when Pakistan toured Australia and again in the super series.
His average is pretty ordinary against Australia and South Africa, every one knows that, but that doesn't change the fact that he is a match winner for Pakistan.

His big scores don't come just in Pakistan. He made 184 in India and a match winning century in West Indies just in this year. Even in Australia, he made some great partnerships in the ODIs and was responsible for taking Pakistan to victory against Australia. You're right in saying we shouldn't compare him to Lara and Tendulkar, but he is not a flat track bully.

Sureshot said:
Heard it here first folks, Gilchrist is crap.

Gilchrist is considered great for the number he bats in (no.7) and the primary skill of his (wicketkeeping).

Also Gilchrist is considered a better ODI player than a test player and yes he opens the innings I suppose in ODI's.

nightprowler10 said:
You've gotta be kidding me. Inzamam plays down the order for obvious problems with our top order. He plays no 5 so if the top men fail, he can come in and relieve some of the pressure off the batting, something that has worked so well over the years. If the guy has a top average and is a match winner for his country, then who cares what position he comes in at.

Although, I do agree that his average against Australia will be held against him once he retires, I hope he gets to fix that problem.

If he really is that good a player then he must come up the order and stop the debacle in the first place.

Gilchrist is the fastest scoring batsman ever to have a substantial Test career. He averages over 50 in the long game and is considered the scariest to bowl to out of all the players in the world. You don't have to bat at 1-3 to be a great batsman.

Steve Waugh: 143 innings at no. 5.
Allan Border: 70 innings at no. 5, 63 innings at no. 6!
Viv Richards: 63 innings at no. 5
Gary Sobers: 57 innings at no. 6

Are these not great batsmen?

Sir Viv Richards, Sir Garfield Sobers. As Angry pointed out these guys batted in the middle order. Now you don't become "Sir" without doing something special. These guys did these deeds in the middle order.
So this comment here is clearly wrong!

ronny_kingsley said:
For a batsman to be in the top bracket he has to be in the top order rather than middle and sometimes even lower order

Fantasy

There r many other batsman in other teams like that, i dont think inzi is the only one, but i gain many points cuz of inzi in FANTASY CRICKET game cuz i had selected him in my team.

I'd quite like to see a breakdown of Inzi's stats.

1. Batting average & runs aggreagate in Tests in Pakistan.

2. Batting average & runs aggreagate in Tests NOT in Pakistan.

3. BAtting average & runs aggreagate in Tests overall.

I am guessing he probly averages 70+ in Pakistan and 40 everywhere else.

Still a world class player, but i'd take Lara over him everytime (except on the sub continent..lol)

Eddie said:
I'd quite like to see a breakdown of Inzi's stats.

1. Batting average & runs aggreagate in Tests in Pakistan.

2. Batting average & runs aggreagate in Tests NOT in Pakistan.

3. BAtting average & runs aggreagate in Tests overall.

I am guessing he probly averages 70+ in Pakistan and 40 everywhere else.

Still a world class player, but i'd take Lara over him everytime (except on the sub continent..lol)
Or an eating contest ..lol

angryangy said:
Gilchrist is the fastest scoring batsman ever to have a substantial Test career. He averages over 50 in the long game and is considered the scariest to bowl to out of all the players in the world. You don't have to bat at 1-3 to be a great batsman.

Just so you know i was being sarcastic on my comment, i think Gillys a brilliant player. Pity we worked him out though :p Such a pity...

Was it going to be anyone other than Andrew to answer those stats questions?

Sureshot said:
If Inzy could run between the wickets like Collingwood or hussey, his average would be nearer 55.

If inzy could run. Period. :p

angryangy said:

Sachin tendulkar: number 4 (tests)
Andrew Flintoff: 6
Irfan pathan :eek: 8
Sourav Ganguly (years ago) 5
VVS Laxman (im sure the aussies agree on this) 6

angy's right.

Users who are viewing this thread