NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Indian Premier League 2011: IPL beats cricket fatigue worries | Cricket News | Indian Premier League 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo

The article is their on above link

total of 19.7 million people tuned in to watch Chennai Super Kings' narrow two-run victory over a new-look Kolkata Knight Riders side on April 8, giving Set Max a 29% share of the total cable television viewership in the metros of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad. That translated into a Television Viewer Rating (TVR) of 7.77, up from 6.95 last year, and trailing only the 8.21 rating posted in 2008, according to TAM Media Research, the leading television ratings agency in India (TVR is a time-weighted figure which accounts for time spent by viewers in addition to the number of viewers).

The all-India TVR for the same game was 7.14, according to TAM, and Set Max claims that a total of 55.8 million people caught the action, setting a new record for the league's first day. For the sake of comparison, a total of 122 million people watched India beat Sri Lanka in the World Cup final earlier this month.

Wow never thought this IPL would be this successful. It is boring for me though.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I have been giving this years IPL a miss.

Same here, not following it as passionately as I was in years past. Maybe it is because there are too many teams, or the fact that there are hardly any local players in their 'own' teams. It is just weird to see Dravid playing for Rajasthan, Uthappa for Pune, and guys like Gambhir for Kolkata. I still like it, but after the pure cricketing high of the World Cup victory, this is just ruining it.

Params7

International Cricketer
I think the avg TVR by the time the tournament finishes won't be as high.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Surprised by those numbers (though don't know how true they are). For me, this year has been exceptionally boring. Maybe I am exhausted after the World Cup, but the cricket has not enticed me to watch even the matches of my home team (I skipped CSK's match against Punjab). The timing is such a put off. Maybe they could have skipped the IPL this year, maybe they could have kept it in June or so (the IPL doesnt need summer holidays for attracting viewers)

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Haven't watched a single match so far. Might watch semis and final but even that is doubtful. Just don't feel any happiness or sadness when Chennai wins or loses.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Haven't watched a single match so far. Might watch semis and final but even that is doubtful. Just don't feel any happiness or sadness when Chennai wins or loses.

True. I wasnt sad when Chennai lost to Punjab (which is Chennai's biggest rivalry in IPL). The connect just isnt there with this IPL. I guess the people in India watch it for the entertainment factor, much like a TV soap. If they are serious about the cricket, the cricket has been mediocre so far.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I find it pretty hard to believe tbh. Haven't been following this IPL as passionately I used to and the excitement that existed earlier surely is missing this time.

The numbers could be fake, and even if they are real, they are bound to decrease as the season progresses.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I would not be shocked to see IPL take a decision to skip 2 years for a next season..

Every year makes it boring

Varun

ICC Board Member
This season, IPL hasn't brought in much excitement, merely because it's ensuing the World Cup which was almost a great success (at least in Asia).

I seldom watch the matches, mostly just check the results (which themselves don't bother me much). Have seen only a few overs of a few matches, notably Dale Steyn's spells, and Mumbai/Chennai ones.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
I've been watching the IPL this year but I don't feel happy or sad when the team that I am supporting wins or looses.

Gurjot95

National Board President
My sign sums up. I am not watching any match, not even my home team. I don't even know the dates when my home team will play. Bye guys, going to play gully cricket, much better than watching IPL.

My thoughts about IPL 4 is in my sign.

Last edited:

King Cricket

International Coach

Same here.

The tournament has been robbed of its vibe by the hangover from the World Cup win and weird team compositions. What element of 'Kolkata' is there in the 'Kolkata Knight Riders'? There are just two local players, one of them is a dud, and there is no ceritude that they will get to play all the games. I'm just not bothered anymore. When you can't even relate with your 'home' team, what's the point in cheering for them/watching the matches? The artificiality of it all absolutely disillusions me.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
My sign sums up. I am not watching any match, not even my home team. I don't even know the dates when my home team will play. Bye guys, going to play gully cricket, much better than watching IPL.

My thoughts about IPL 4 is in my sign.

Your sign says it right. I mean, it was not great watching Dhoni plotting Gambhir's downfall in the first match when both of them had led India to World Cup glory together just 5 days back. When India play such big events like WC, the IPL should not precede or succeed so closely. In such years, they have to take the risk of having the IPL in a different time or skip it altogether (which they wont do as they want the money mountain)

Users who are viewing this thread