IPL IPL 4 Gets Second Best TVR Ratings After IPL 1

Gurjot95

National Board President
Same here.

The tournament has been robbed of its vibe by the hangover from the World Cup win and weird team compositions. What element of 'Kolkata' is there in the 'Kolkata Knight Riders'? There are just two local players, one of them is a dud, and there is no ceritude that they will get to play all the games. I'm just not bothered anymore. When you can't even relate with your 'home' team, what's the point in cheering for them/watching the matches? The artificiality of it all absolutely disillusions me.
Punjab doesn't even have one local player :facepalm

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The report might even be a PR gimmick to actually boost up the TVRs. Face it, right after the World Cup, people are not going to be interested in watching non-stop cricket.

Secondly, we are not yet aware of the team compositions and thus the loyalty factor plays a big role.

Additionally,many of you have pointed out the fact that the 'local element' is missing from many teams.

Considering all together, I feel the report is fake and not many people are watching the IPL this time round. The broadcasting too sucks big time. SONY should have got in a few good looking girls into their cast, all we have is a bunch of idiots who don't know what to speak.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I am actually now strongly inclined to believe that the IPL 2011 opening TRP figures were either triggered to boost viewership or it was a temporary false alarm. The TRP's of the matches have fallen steeply and the reasons being attributed are the World Cup fatigue and the non familiarity with the teams due to the players being shuffled (just as what I had expected)

Indian Premier League 2011: TV ratings remain flat for IPL | Cricket News | Indian Premier League 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo

This should be the worst IPL of all seasons as far as viewership and popularity goes! I knew this was going to happen.

Gurjot95

National Board President
Seriously who is watching IPL this season (or atleast Home games)?

Not me, I do watch some when my home team plays but not at all interested if they win or loss.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
SaiSrini said:
I am actually now strongly inclined to believe that the IPL 2011 opening TRP figures were either triggered to boost viewership or it was a temporary false alarm. The TRP's of the matches have fallen steeply and the reasons being attributed are the World Cup fatigue and the non familiarity with the teams due to the players being shuffled (just as what I had expected)

Indian Premier League 2011: TV ratings remain flat for IPL | Cricket News | Indian Premier League 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo

This should be the worst IPL of all seasons as far as viewership and popularity goes! I knew this was going to happen.
Still, Stadiums are almost houseful.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Dude Yudi.. I hope you are watching matches. The stadiums are 90 percent full and that's hell lot of number if people ar? saying that IPL is boring

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
90%? NO WAY! Last season, Chepauk was housefull for 95% of the whole season, but this season, its only 80% or close to it for all games. Same way for other games too. One can easily see empty seats and quite a few of them

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Empty are for sure to be seen but believe me my dad has a friend who is working in BCCI their stats actually say other things. Actually they are happy from this years IPL where what they wanted happened. The crowd obviously is low at venues as Kochi. But if you watch atleast 5 overs of each and every match you will see that they are atleast 90 percent full

Params7

International Cricketer
Btw there's reports out saying that while TV ratings have gone down, Internet stream ratings have gone up in millions.

I think its the Indians in Australia and elsewhere IPL isn't coming. One of the biggest reasons why IPL is so popular today because its simply broadcasted globally because of the official streams.

Users who are viewing this thread