IPL - Ass New Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Afridi's attitude would have been also a factor in not getting picked. He bitched about his own team when he was playing for Deccan and then he went out and openly said BIg bash was better then IPL. What kind of franchise is gonna hire that player seriously?

South Australia and Hampshire ;)

South Australia and Hampshire ;)

Exactly, real storied teams whose goal it is to produce better cricketers and improve the game. Not make a quick buck and make everyones eyes and ears bleed with ads and tackiness

Anyone who believes what Modi says deserves to be classified as stupid

I agree with Modi mostly :eek:. I don't 'believe in him' or any of that crap, but there is a RISK involved in bidding for a Pakistani player. This is FACT, you cannot deny it. Let's say I own a franchise: Why would I bid for Afridi if there is even a 25% chance he'll be banned from playing by the government? If I buy Afridi I've missed out on the rest of the auction because I have no slots left. And if the Indian government announces next week that Pakistani players can't play, my purchase it wasted and I've bought nothing. I might get my money back, but that doesn't help my franchise on the field this year.

Think with your heads people :noway It's all about risk. This isn't monopoly money being thrown around. You don't make bids on players that mightn't be allowed to play. That is common sense, not racism or snubbing or whatever insult you want to invent.

Exactly with young Prodigy's like Aamer and Akmal at the auction....the ipl teams would have creamed their pants if they knew they would be available with 100% guarantee. But buying with uncertainty is not what they want their money going towards. If Aamer, Tanvir and Gul were guaranteed to play regardless there would be no way in hell that Shane Bond would have been sold for 750k +.

I dont buy that one bit. Even if tomorrow some terrorists blow up bombs in India, it has nothing to do with Shahid Afridi. If they let Herschelle Gibbs (random name) come play after bomb attacks, then there is no reason to exclude Afridi. They would only exclude him based on his nationality and that is discrimination.

It's not discrimination! It's business sense! These franchises are running a business and they don't want to waste money on a player that might not even play. It's better to spend money on a crap player who might do well than a good player who won't even play.

Is it unfortunate that the Pakistani players are not going to be a part of IPL2? Yes, but there's more to it than just that.

I dont buy that one bit. Even if tomorrow some terrorists blow up bombs in India, it has nothing to do with Shahid Afridi. If they let Herschelle Gibbs (random name) come play after bomb attacks, then there is no reason to exclude Afridi. They would only exclude him based on his nationality and that is discrimination.

Yeah and it will mean that Indians are racist if that happens.
But to be honest I enjoy the English domestic cricket more.
The Pakistanis players should play in the English domestic..atleast I can go and watch the Champions play:)

I agree with Modi mostly :eek:. I don't 'believe in him' or any of that crap, but there is a RISK involved in bidding for a Pakistani player. This is FACT, you cannot deny it. Let's say I own a franchise: Why would I bid for Afridi if there is even a 25% chance he'll be banned from playing by the government? If I buy Afridi I've missed out on the rest of the auction because I have no slots left. And if the Indian government announces next week that Pakistani players can't play, my purchase it wasted and I've bought nothing. I might get my money back, but that doesn't help my franchise on the field this year.

Think with your heads people :noway It's all about risk. This isn't monopoly money being thrown around. You don't make bids on players that mightn't be allowed to play. That is common sense, not racism or snubbing or whatever insult you want to invent.

The players had to get the permission of the government and the PCB to play and there was 2 deadlines just to allow these players to get the visas to play.
So there is one thing we know for sure and that is that the Pakistani cricketers had permission to participate in the IPL.

Anything else, like these speculations of them bailing out, 25% of them being stopped by the PCB/Pak government is just empty words. People can try to make up whatever excuses they want but the players were/are allowed to play, so I would rather believe this then some speculation by some dudes.

You guys have no idea how tender the situation is with Pakistan. Anything could happen at anytime. Sure, the players may be allowed to play right now, but say something happens in a week, two weeks, or a month even. Pakistani players would have to be sent home, the teams lose out on a slot and probably have to provide compensation for that player too.

It's unfortunate but it is, as shravi said, business sense.

So basically if a terrorist attack happens in Indian then everyone will point at Pakistan and then they will attack the Pakistanis players because they Pakistanis.
I think thats what they are talking about.

Last edited:
I think, if a bomb was to go off in India or another Mumbai attacks, you would find players from most nations buggering off. Like others have said, I think that excuse is pretty weak. It is just a snub of Pakistan and nothing else and this rubbish about Pakistan players not playing, is just that, rubbish!

They are scare because the Pakistanis players will plant a bomb in the Stadium and kill everyone.
Oh The Pakistanis players could help Terrorist get into India and plant a bomb...I can see the risk now.. I guess Modi is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread