IPL - Ass New Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you guys think government intervened in the process then im afraid your wrong. Why would they let the Pakistani players make the finall 66 anyway if they didnt want them to play? If the government didnt want the players to play they would have said it without any hesitation. The franchises only have basically one shot at the auction and they didnt want to screw it up by buying a player with risk attached to him.

Maybe the IPL franchises realised how crap Pakistan is at cricket?

Well at least in tests

@ dare(for the post, posted by him quoting my post): its not gta game. After the total marraige arrangements, if you want to change the bridegroom or the bride, is it possible.? They were too late.

The franchises, the bosses of the teams, the people investing money in the players, the team think-tanks did NOT wish to buy them.

Dude you cannot say that for sure. How are you so certain they just weren't told to not bid for Pakis? You can't, nobody here knows the truth. But the fact is Afridi is a freakin' game winner when it comes to 20-20 with his bowling, lottery batting and extremely motivational attitude in field. There's no team out there that wouldn't want to have him, and he of all Pakis doesn't get picked, I feel something is up.

Last edited:
Dude you cannot say that for sure. How are you so certain they just weren't told to not bid for Pakis? You can't, nobody here knows the truth. But the fact is Afridi is a freakin' game winner when it comes to 20-20 with his bowling, lottery batting and extremely motivational attitude in field. There's no team out there that wouldn't want to have him, and he of all Pakis doesn't get picked, I feel something is up.

Dude, why the heck would a franchise spending millions on first buying a team, then spending millions on some players, then spending millions when they have to shift base to South Africa a month before the IPL, then spending $750,000 for players to fill just 12-13 available slots cumulatively, give a crap about what Lalit Modi tells them?

They made investments to the tune of crores of rupees (which was quite unheard of that point) in S01. 1/4 the players didn't play the full IPL, people were injured, PR, marketing the team and stuff made up majority of the expenses and only KKR made profits. S02 is the season they thought they would make profits and what happens? The venue changes, overhead expenses, and 10 Pakistani players, at the last minute and after the player auctions, opted out after the Pakistani government had refused to send its players to India to participate in the Indian Premier League, which lead to major cricketing as well as commercial losses for the franchises. And now in S03, they don't want to take huge risks. They want to play safe. They don't want another pull-out at the last minute. And they want most if not all their players to play for the entire duration of the IPL.

I don't see how that is fishy. There are crores of rupees at stake and they are protecting their interests. And its their choice as to whom they buy and whom they don't.

Dude, why the heck would a franchise spending millions on first buying a team, then spending millions on some players, then spending millions when they have to shift base to South Africa a month before the IPL, then spending $750,000 for players to fill just 12-13 available slots cumulatively, give a crap about what Lalit Modi tells them?

They made investments to the tune of crores of rupees (which was quite unheard of that point) in S01. 1/4 the players didn't play the full IPL, people were injured, PR, marketing the team and stuff made up majority of the expenses and only KKR made profits. S02 is the season they thought they would make profits and what happens? The venue changes, overhead expenses, and 10 Pakistani players, at the last minute and after the player auctions, opted out after the Pakistani government had refused to send its players to India to participate in the Indian Premier League, which lead to major cricketing as well as commercial losses for the franchises. And now in S03, they don't want to take huge risks. They want to play safe. They don't want another pull-out at the last minute. And they want most if not all their players to play for the entire duration of the IPL.

I don't see how that is fishy. There are crores of rupees at stake and they are protecting their interests. And its their choice as to whom they buy and whom they don't.

Yeah I get your point. Pakistan might as well kiss IPL goodbye then and shouldn't even apply for IPL4, because if the reasons you said hold true, that situation will never change - well unless Pak wins T20 WC again or something becase then that will raise their appeal 10x.

Not that the IPL will care much. Had the market been lucrative enough for the IPL, they would have done everything in power to get the Pak players signed up with the franchises.

Pakistan provided the second most viewership for the IPL in the first season. ;)

Fatal Shot added 5 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Also, the argument of the Franchises not wanting the players is utter on sense. If none of the Franchises wanted the players, why were thy short listed? They were short listed because some teams had shown interest in them. Where in the world did all this interest go in the span of two days? Pakistani players were cleared to play, so how in the world, were they not available? Modi's explanation has so many flaws it's not even funny. Look at it from a neutral view, and it simply does not make sense that somebody like Roach goes for 700,000+, while Gul doesn't even get one bid.

The thing is that IPL is just a indian T20 domestic competition if they haven't picked pakistan it doesn't even matter...

Think..... Do Australians invite Indians in KFC big Bash ?
Or Pakistan invites indians in RBS cup?
only some players like mendis etc. play in English T20 cup?

So it doesn't even matter?

For Afridi - I tried so hard and got so far...
But in the end it doesn't even matter

The Franchises can't risk picking the Pakistani players and them having them ruled out of the tournament.

The fact is you are not legally bound to pay those players that can not participate. If Pakistani players were in doubt to make it to the tournament the Franchises could have easily torn their contracts and bought replacements (Like IPL-2).

Lets consider this situation. KXIP spent only 350,000 (Kaif 225,000, Yousef Abdullah 50,000 and Barath 75,000) leaving behind more than half the original amount that they had. Signing Abdullah for 50k makes no sense when you can have a Mohammad Aamir for a 100,000. Even if Aamir cant make it to India, they can easily snap his contract and give one to Abdullah (who wasnt going to be sold anyhow) Same goes for Chennai's signing of Thissara Perera and Justin Kemp. No one in their right mind would leave Afridi or Gul for the 2 mentioned before. :sarcasm

And Afridi's attitude would have been also a factor in not getting picked. He bitched about his own team when he was playing for Deccan and then he went out and openly said BIg bash was better then IPL. What kind of franchise is gonna hire that player seriously?

South Australia

Pak players not getting signed is weird, but it was obviously a collective agreement by the franchises which to me is a bit cynical.

Why the hell would you pay 720,000 to have kemar roach and then just sit out bidding on Gul, the best twenty20 bowler by miles?

Anyway, Pakistan need to realise the IPL contracts were a luxury and not a right, they need to focus on their abysmal test performance and forget about stupid hit and giggle.

Spot on!

@ Bilal - Bhaijaan, the franchises didn't want to buy the Pakistani players. What can we about that? Its their money and they will spend it the way they feel like.

Rather than criticize, we can atleast appreciate Lalit Modi for putting the players on the auction list. Had he had any detrimental intent, he wouldn't even put their names for auction. So it is a welcome step.

But the Franchises DID want them, and hence they got shortlised. The current situation between India and Pakistan has been the same for the past year Are you suggesting that all the 8 owners just woke up now? Did they suddenly realize the situation with the Pakistani players just now? :sarcasm

The thing is that IPL is just a indian T20 domestic competition if they haven't picked pakistan it doesn't even matter...

It does matter when you are bringing in players from the whole world, and not Pakistan.

The part about Afridi doesnt even make sense :noway

This thread is going round and round. No one can answer why the Pakistani players were shortlisted and then not even a SINGLE BID is made. Its not as if these Pakistani players are bad or something, we won the World Cup people.

Theres no point crying over spilt milk. Pakistan should use this moment to work more on the longer formats of the game. This may even be a blessing in disguise. I personally am planning to boycott the IPL this season :facepalm

Last edited:
Maybe the IPL franchises realised how crap Pakistan is at cricket?

Well at least in tests

lol ur words backfire themselve....T20 is something Pakistan is proud to be best;)

One bomb blast in india can change the situation. And if pakistani players play in india, there are many chances of reoccurance of sri lanka in pakistan incidents. So I'll oppose pakistani players from ipl for even the next 3 to 4 years.
i support you buddy
Believeme or not but all the Pakistani players included in the auction list were better then the one,which have been picked

Afridi is better than Pollard (Even in T20 Big Bash)

Imran Nazir is better than Mohammad Kaif

Rana Naveed is better than Kemar Roach

Mohammed Amir is better than Yusuf Abdullah

Umer Akmal is better than Thissara Perera
And So On.........................
how can you ever compare the talents of each player?
Our government allowed them to play in the IPL
this time they would also allow some others to play with other things as well
That is already spreading hatred in Pakistani fans.Doing such rubbish when you know that Indi Pak love cricket more then anything is one the biggest ████ of all time.
There is no T20 team in which Afridi get his place.Man of the tournament in 1st WC and in second key player in Pakistan success.Look at ongoing Big bash, his inclusion has made Redback's to reach final from no where.

send2yaari added 1 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

then why they did all that visa and blah blah drama.One bomb blast can also restrained other international players from IPL too.

You know the answer why Binnu is talking about Bomb Blasts!;)

This is not new in Indian Pakistan I guess.
does this really mean, when you are not satisfied, definitely there will be a flame?

and all pakistanis are just protesting at this...
so u know the talented pak players were not taken (avoid using ' were not auctioned') because of the Visa problems and doubt of availability. this matter is known openly. but there may be some security reasons too... we don't know what happens... recently we all know about lankan casualties.
by the way, pak players are protesting that they were insulted. but there is no matter of insult here, the owners have a freedom to choose whom they want. the protesters are not the partners of the owners right! and players are insulted just for being unselected. does this mean, they are playing IPL for stupid money and OTHER TOURNAMENTS for NATION (sorry 'MUSLIMS'... i said this because i still remember shoaib malik's words at presentation ceremony of 2007 T20 WC)? and now you people are enraged that your players are not getting money!
imagine this. if pakistan starts a crap similar to IPL, only pakistanis will play in it I BET. even Bangladesh Players would like to stay away for SECURITY REASONS.
see, this bad and fcuky terrorism had made everyone think ill about pak. and finally for the one who is saying, " I HATE IPL, MODI, and BCCI" i would say, hate modi, he is an idiot. but before hating BCCI and IPL, just hate TERRORISM. first eradicate it. oh sorry for saying that... leave it you can't do that because you cannot go against your government.

lol ur words backfire themselve....T20 is something Pakistan is proud to be best;)
for how long?

Last edited:
The fact is you are not legally bound to pay those players that can not participate. If Pakistani players were in doubt to make it to the tournament the Franchises could have easily torn their contracts and bought replacements (Like IPL-2).
You can't just tear up a contract :sarcasm That would land you in jail. If the Pakistani players are 'in doubt' The Franchises would have to buy them out, as in pay what they promised.

Moronic from the IPL franchises in not picking up any Pakistani player. Why were they even in the auction if the visas weren't guaranteed? That's just a stupid excuse given by the franchises.

And, by quality of players, if you're telling me that Kemar Roach is better than Aamer, Tanvir or Gul in T20s, you surely don't know your cricket. Some of the players not getting picked would've made sense, but someone with Gul's T20 record (as far as I'm concerned, the best bowler in T20s) not getting picked is nonsensical.

The IPL is pretty much a money-making venture - there's absolutely nothing about finding new Indian talents.

Edit: And, lol at any person defending the IPL. It's quite obvious that the decision to not buy Pakistanis was pre-planned by all franchises because of the political issues between the 2 countries. To me, at least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread