IPL - Ass New Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Indian government can do alot about that.

No they can't. At most what they can do is move the semi finals and finals if Pakistan makes it to outside of India, but they absolutely have no power in taking Pak's semi final status away from them if they make it to that place.

Who engineered this complete nonsense?

Indian Govern and their puppet BCCI told the teams to not buy any Pakis. That's what I get off it.

No they can't. At most what they can do is move the semi finals and finals if Pakistan makes it to outside of India, but they absolutely have no power in taking Pak's semi final status away from them if they make it to that place.

Who engineered this complete nonsense?

Indian Govern and their puppet BCCI told the teams to not buy any Pakis. That's what I get off it.
The Indian government can refuse visas to the Pakistani players citing security and all kinds of idiotic nonsense.

That CAN happen.

Its only a matter of time. The Big Bash will get more and more lucrative slowly and the IPL will become more and more unattractive. Especially for players who are not getting huge contracts, theyd much rather make 10-15 k less and not have to spend 2 months in India under military security.

Only way Big Bash is ever creating more bash than IPL is by having those players who play for IPL..and to do that, they would probably need to take loans from World Bank.

Params7 added 2 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

The Indian government can refuse visas to the Pakistani players citing security and all kinds of idiotic nonsense.

That CAN happen.

If India refuses the visa to a single Pakistani cricketer that's been playing in Sri Lanka, then Pak has the option to not play the match, creating worldwide publicity, mockery of the cricket world cup in front of the entire world and that would show India in a very, very hideous position which I'm 100%, will never happen.

What you need to worry about instead, is reaching that semi finals first.

Well obviously, Pakistan was snubbed for whatever reason and we aren't wanted in India.

What my next concern is the state of the 2011 World Cup.

Assuming every team has an equal chance, there is a 33% chance Pakistan will be in the semi-finals. Take the top 10 teams, and thats now 40%. Take the top 8 test teams, and thats 50%. Just to prove that well, that it is a legitimate concern.

All of Pakistan's group games are in Sri Lanka - thats fine and dandy, Pakistanis do not need a visa to go to Sri Lanka (one of the few countries that allows us to visit freely) so fans are somewhat happy as well.

However, come the semi-finals, are the ICC going to tell us, sorry, India don't want you in their country, you forfeit?

I'm very interested to know the answer.

Pakistan would be welcomed for final - Sharad Pawar | Cricket News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 | Cricinfo.com

Only way Big Bash is ever creating more bash than IPL is by having those players who play for IPL..and to do that, they would probably need to take loans from World Bank.

I can see a time where there are 2 big T20 competitions - maybe 3 if you include Champions League. IPL would pay big bucks to retired players and Indian stars who have plenty of spare time in April and May. Big Bash would be better for current players who don't need as much cash and don't have as much time. Is Big Bash on Indian TV currently, because all it needs is some big TV deals to get money flowing.

And I can't see the problem with Pakistani players being ignored for the IPL. The teams are trying to get players that they KNOW will contribute. Hence why Brad Haddin wasn't bought. He's going to be away for the first part of the IPL. Afridi mightn't play at all, so why would you bid for him?

I can see a time where there are 2 big T20 competitions - maybe 3 if you include Champions League. IPL would pay big bucks to retired players and Indian stars who have plenty of spare time in April and May. Big Bash would be better for current players who don't need as much cash and don't have as much time. Is Big Bash on Indian TV currently, because all it needs is some big TV deals to get money flowing.

BCCI would offer money to Indian channels to not air Big Bash if they see it as a threat to IPL.

All this reminds me of Prison Break, what an awesome TV show.

The Franchises can't risk picking the Pakistani players and them having them ruled out of the tournament.

The Franchises can't risk picking the Pakistani players and them having them ruled out of the tournament.

Quite possible. When all these conspiracy theories are floating around, this actually could be the real reason. And also we all saw the drama created by the Pakistan players after the previous IPL was moved to SA and they started demanding to their franchises that they either play or they be paid the full amount of their contract. Didnt they even explore legal options? Why cant such an event occur again (considering that political tensions still exist)?

Also have Pakistan players been issued visas yet, or have they just been given clearence by the government/PCB to visit India for the IPL?

If they have such interest, why did pakistan govt stop them from playing last edition of the league.? It was held is south africa and every thing was fine there. Did we restrict them from not playing ipl.?

And Afridi's attitude would have been also a factor in not getting picked. He bitched about his own team when he was playing for Deccan and then he went out and openly said BIg bash was better then IPL. What kind of franchise is gonna hire that player seriously?

I still would sign afridi. I thinks he's almost the best T/20 player in the world. His battings a bit of a swing and miss but his bowling is brilliant.

The discussion is not about afridi, the discussion is about why pakistani players were not sold. And why didn't they play ipl 2 when it was held in south africa.? We were ready to consider them but they din't play. So tit for tat. They now want to play and we haven't considered.

Pak players not getting signed is weird, but it was obviously a collective agreement by the franchises which to me is a bit cynical.

Why the hell would you pay 720,000 to have kemar roach and then just sit out bidding on Gul, the best twenty20 bowler by miles?

Anyway, Pakistan need to realise the IPL contracts were a luxury and not a right, they need to focus on their abysmal test performance and forget about stupid hit and giggle.

Gazza, I feel the risk would have been worth it considering the prices the teams were forced to pay for the small number of quality non-pakistan players.

Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore and Kolkata all bid 750,000 for Pollard, and he went for more in the silent auction, you're not telling me that taking on afridi for less than a quarter of that price, even if there's chance he won't be playing, isn't a risk worth taking?

no way, it was obviously an agreement, no way could this be a spontaneous, coincidental outcome. you can see that by the way the teams went after the non-pak players. They all bid on Parnell, Roach and Bond like they knew there was only 3 quality fast bowlers in the mix. Even though Tanvir, Gul and Aamer could all have been purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread