IPL - Ass New Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yippe:happy Modi just proved that he is international cricket's best mocksucker scum!!!:)

Pakistan was the only country apart from India where the IPL was somewhat popular. And idiot Modi, while trying to screw the Pakistani players, has actually screwed up his own damn league! FFS, the Pakistani market is now gone forever. Honestly, I'm losing interest on this IPL fast, due to Modi's dumbness and impudent attitude. This is the umpteenth time he has heated up the atmosphere by getting involved in unnecessary controversies. What was once a great league, has now been reduced to some sort of a joke, thanks to Lalit "son of a bitch" Modi. :facepalm

Pakistan players are free from Feb 20 - May 1 so they are available through out the IPL.:what.
this was a set up to insult the Pakistani players

The downfall of IPL has started.

Actually the franchise has not taken Bal Thackery's threat lightly. All the owner has business relations with Mumbai and i think no one would have like to against Shiv Sena leader. That man is a scum i know ;) but he is the man who has some big influence in all activities. He even tried to do this in Kolkata too by banning Akram from entering the Eden but Kolkata didnt even care :laugh but, definately this was a huge disrespect shown towards the player from the BCCI, Indian Govt and from IPL. I really cannot understand one thing, why people mix politics with sports :doh

It was really funny to hear when the owners were giving some explanation why any Pakistani players were untouched ??

Priety Zinta - We needed a batsman only.

Nita Ambani - We wanted a batting allrounder

Shilpa Shetty - We just did what Warne told us. We were after Martyn and Voges and we happy to get both of them

Give me a break ............. :sarcasm

Any team would like to keep Afridi.

Another more interesting part is how on earth, Shakib even remain untouched ?? He would have been far better than Kaif and even that Perrara.

This was a huge disrespect shown to the players and thats really a shame

Potential Reasons of why Pakistani players were not picked by the IPL Franchises

1. Volatile relations- A franchise wouldn't like to shell out money for a player, if they are themselves not sure whether the governments will allow them to play in the IPL or not.

2. Availability- This is a subjective term. And it includes not only the period of 45 odd days of the IPL but also the issue of visas.

3. Competition- Given the popularity of the format, the franchises thought people like Parnell & Morgan were decent, if not better picks, than Aamer & Umar Akmal.

4. Franchises aren't idiots- The franchises invest significant amount of money on players. They obviously do not want players with severe complications attached to them, when they can get equally, if not more talented players at cheaper prices and lesser hassles. Pakistan sadly does not provide cheaper prices nor lesser hassles.

5. They can spend their money the way they like- Really childish of the Pakistani Foreign Minister to phone his Indian counterpart and complain about no player getting picked. Even more childish was Shahid "Big Bash is tougher than IPL" Afridi to link this to national insult. Look guys, it is the franchises' money. No one will like to spend money on you if you can't provide a hassle-free environment for them.

6. Franchises' are not Modi's puppets- Do you really think a person who has bought a team for millions of dollars and spent $750,000 on players like Kemar Roach actually cares a crap about what Lalit Modi has to say? All that matters to them is profit. They really don't care about what Lalit Modi says or "instructs" them to do. It is their money, their team and their choice with the players. Blaming Modi is really naive.

These are some of the most honest reasons as to why Pakistani players weren't picked. It wasn't some voodoo magic or tantrik tricks by Indian fundamentalists to "get even" with Pakistan.

If someone responds to my opinion constructively, I shall reply. Else, I won't.

Last edited:
Last night an eyelash of mine came out and got stuck in my eye. As I pulled it out this girl at my office said "It means you get a wish". I thought about it for a while and when she asked me what it was. I finally decided on :

I hope that in IPL 4, Umar Akmal is auctioned and in the first match he hits a huge "DLFer" which hits Lalit Modi on the head in the crowd and turns him into a brain dead vegetable.

Potential Reasons of why Pakistani players were not picked by the IPL Franchises

1. Volatile relations- A franchise wouldn't like to shell out money for a player, if they are themselves not sure whether the governments will allow them to play in the IPL or not.

The Pakistani players got the go ahead after allot of hard work by the PCB and Pak government to get things sorted so there goes excuse #1.

2. Availability- This is a subjective term. And it includes not only the period of 45 odd days of the IPL but also the issue of visas.

As was posted a few posts ahead the Pakistani players are available for the entire IPL season, and you your self were making allot of comments in that thread called "Pakistani players will not take part in IPL". That means you should know that the visa issue were worked out. If they weren't then why put them on the 60+ player list.

3. Competition- Given the popularity of the format, the franchises thought people like Parnell & Morgan were decent, if not better picks, than Aamer & Umar Akmal.

They are even if anything, Aamer is a great young bowler who can bowl as quick as 150+ and Akmal is one of the most exciting batsman in the world. Would have made great picks for anyone.

4. Franchises aren't idiots- The franchises invest significant amount of money on players. They obviously do not want players with severe complications attached to them, when they can get equally, if not more talented players at cheaper prices and lesser hassles. Pakistan sadly does not provide cheaper prices nor lesser hassles.

What team would want one of the best 20/20 players in the world. Afridi is a brilliant 20/20 player and is probably the only player who seems to be tailor made for this format.
As I said before what hassles?
Also its not Pakistan or the player that decides what the price will be. So if Umar or Aamer got bought for Morgan money I'm sure everyone would consider them as steals in the draft at that money.

5. They can spend their money the way they like- Really childish of the Pakistani Foreign Minister to phone his Indian counterpart and complain about no player getting picked. Even more childish was Shahid "Big Bash is tougher than IPL" Afridi to link this to national insult. Look guys, it is the franchises' money. No one will like to spend money on you if you can't provide a hassle-free environment for them.

LOL you keep bringing up this stupid hassle thing. Everything was give a green light, its IPL/Modi making the hassle not the players.

Also a big LOL at the cheap shot at the Big Bash, bit of jealousy that the Bash is going up in opinion and the IPL going down?

6. Franchises' are not Modi's puppets- Do you really think a person who has bought a team for millions of dollars and spent $750,000 on players like Kemar Roach actually cares a crap about what Lalit Modi has to say? All that matters to them is profit. They really don't care about what Lalit Modi says or "instructs" them to do. It is their money, their team and their choice with the players. Blaming Modi is really naive.

I thought you said this is Modis league? And that he does with it as he pleases.

All I see in your post is blame on Pakistan players, PCB and Pakistan government. Your just making lame excuses and embarrassing your self by trying to excuse IPL/Modis actions.

Forget it Dare, its useless trying to argue with Modis personal handjob assistant.

fact of the matter is, the World Champions of 2020 were not auctioned off. What a bloody joke. Hopefully the IPL rating start to dip, that or Lalit Modi gets AIDS

Big Bash is tougher than IPL"

Pssh. Last time I checked we won that CLT20 tournament. All the IPL teams choked hard. Just goes to show the quality of the teams in the Big Bash are better than the IPL teams that participated in the Champions League.

Pakistan was the only country apart from India where the IPL was somewhat popular. And idiot Modi, while trying to screw the Pakistani players, has actually screwed up his own damn league! FFS, the Pakistani market is now gone forever. Honestly, I'm losing interest on this IPL fast, due to Modi's dumbness and impudent attitude. This is the umpteenth time he has heated up the atmosphere by getting involved in unnecessary controversies. What was once a great league, has now been reduced to some sort of a joke, thanks to Lalit "son of a bitch" Modi. :facepalm

Spot on. I remember when the ratings for the first IPL came, and it showed that it was huge in Pakistan. They just lost that whole market completely and really what's a league without the champions? That would be like watching Basketball without the Lakers. Doesn't make sense. You try to call yourself the best T20 league in the world, but you leave out, argubly some of the best T20 players in the world. Complete rubbish. I think Ijaz Butt has handled this brilliantly. By not giving a ████, he's not giving the Indian media anything to smile about. The Pakistani players should just use this as motivation to prove to BCCI, why they are the best. Last year this happened as well, and they ended up Champions, and without the possible burnout, and this extra motivation they will be more pumped up. Pity we won't get to see Aamer, Akmal(s), Gul, Afridi, Nazir etc.

And no team taking Shakib again... Seriously, the IPL becomes a bigger joke everyday.

The first IPL was good, 2nd was boring and this third is going to suck.
The only people that will be watching it is indians (some)

Both of these points indicated are arguing the same facts. Our government did everything we could to insure that our players could participate in this tournament. Leaving the ball clearly in BCCI's court. I still dont get why the Indian government are having problems giving visas to cricketers. I can understand why ordinary Pakistanis may have troubles getting the visas. But
Do you expect Shoaib Malik to take out guns and suicide bombs?

Even though Aamir and Akmal are better than Parnell and Morgan, for a minute lets accept your comparison. Even if Parnell is as good as Aamir in the T20s is he better than Umar Gul? Remember Gul has lost touch only in the longer versions of the game. Parnell is good at bowling at the depth, but Gul is proved himself in both the T20 World Cups. Ask South Africa who knocked them out in the World Cup. It wasnt Afridi, it was Gul's depth bowling.

Well certain franchises have proven themselves as idiotic. Lets assume that franchises actually signed the Pakistani players and they couldnt get their visas done. Would they have had to pay out those Pakistani players? No. They could have then ripped the contracts apart and taken the players then available. Also Chennai's picks clearly showed them stupidity. Players like Thissara Perera, Justin Kemp, Adrian Barath, Yousef Abdullah, Adam Voges are representing IPL sides over the likes of Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Malik, Imran Nazir, Mohammad Aamir, Umar Akmal, Misbah. Clearly if IPL teams didnt want to get involved in "potential hassles" then they could have terminated the Pakistani players contract as soon as it became a liability and bought out those ones mentioned above. I dont think most of them would have been sold anyways

Afridi's indiviual comments seemed to have pissed some Indian fans. Here is what Afridi had actually said,

Shahid Afridi said:
?Compared to IPL and all the other Twenty20 tournaments I think this (Big Bash) tournament is very tough,?

Link: Indian Cricket Fever - Afridi Rates KFC Big Bash T20 Higher Than IPL

As far as I can read he hasnt mentioned Big Bash being tougher than the IPL

Dont you agree that the Bash has more competition than IPL? I would agree. Lets not argue about this now as this merely our different opinions. Anyhow, Afridi was right (regardin the insult). The only country that had no players playing for IPL teams was Bangladesh. And the fact that no players of the World Cup Winning Team were taken clearly indicates a conspiracy. This was what was "insulting."

They may not be Modi's puppets, but the fact that they have to follow rules and are part of the league clearly indicates that they have to listen to him.

More importantly your Reasons dont answer:

1) Why the IPL franchises actually asked to get these players,(remember they were shortlisted according to the demands) The situation regarding their visas were same for the past year, and this didnt come out yesterday.

Also how can you not rate the Big Bash higher now in terms of quality? We have to see lots of those domestic Indian players, who are simply not good enough to play against the likes of Sachin, Kallis, Gilchrist etc, but in the Big Bash, most of the players are good enough to represent their State Sides and it provides for a much better Cricket Match, because there are no rubbish players playing in the matches (For the most part) and they have players like Vettori, Afridi, Gul actually playing, instead of sitting outside on the sidelines or not being picked by a team at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread