IPL - Ass New Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
If might be a great player. That is not the actual question now. Why were they discarded in the auction is the question. Kindly be on topic.

If might be a great player. That is not the actual question now. Why were they discarded in the auction is the question. Kindly be on topic.

This question will raise many other question so all things are on topic;)

send2yaari added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

You know the answer why Binnu is talking about Bomb Blasts!;)

I want to know from you.;)

I'm in a city where we face terrible effects of bomb blasts. Even I was checked several times by police. Not only me, every one will be checked very badly. I stay besides the rajiv gandhi stadium and on match days, due to the security reasons, I din't even take food as when people walk at stadium, they'll be checked throughly and even they don't care your lunch, they just put it in dust bin.

I'm in a city where we face terrible effects of bomb blasts. Even I was checked several times by police. Not only me, every one will be checked very badly. I stay besides the rajiv gandhi stadium and on match days, due to the security reasons, I din't even take food as when people walk at stadium, they'll be checked throughly and even they don't care your lunch, they just put it in dust bin.

This is not new in Indian Pakistan I guess.

Its new in India, I dunno about pakistan. After the mumbai blasts, it became even worse at hyderabad. And the separate state fight has diverted all the attention of cops to them and who will be responsible if sri lanka in pakistan incident re occurs.?

First you say
Kindly be on topic.
and then,:doh:doh

That is related to topic. I was explaining when the situation demanded. I guess you read the conversations before that post to have a clarification. It was S2Y, who asked about it.

Its new in India, I dunno about pakistan. After the mumbai blasts, it became even worse at hyderabad. And the separate state fight has diverted all the attention of cops to them and who will be responsible if sri lanka in pakistan incident re occurs.?

Then the point is again why they have done all that drama of visa and NOCs and etc etc simply say that situation is tough out here in India too so sorry we can't let Pakistani players in and That's it.

am not being Pro-Modi here but why get so agitated ??
the IPL is a ████ tournament anyways.........

besides, the pakistani players werent available last year, so its nothing new.

Not anymore.... Though its a crap tournament, money, glitz and glamour speaks and so people want to be a part of it and see their players be part of it.

To be honest, I am anti-Modi and anti-IPL too, but I dont see a political case here. After all that has happened with the Pakistan players (cancelling/suspending of contracts) and political tensions between the countries, franchises have developed a dislike in going for Pakistan players. What if a situation like what happened before, rears back again? Already political tensions have not gone by (they are still there). What if their government or our government does a complete somersault and suspend ties/disallow players from coming to India?

Until India-Pakistan relations become positive, we will very rarely see Pak players in IPL.

Last edited:
When franchises are sacred, what does modi do? Can he force them to have pakistani players.?

When franchises are sacred, what does modi do? Can he force them to have pakistani players.?

If franchise were so scared why they shown interest in Razzaq,Nazir and Afridi first.

Why are you scolding him unnecessarily.?

Binnu added 2 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

They PLANNED but they din't DECIDE. There is a lot of difference between planning and deciding.

Why are you scolding him unnecessarily.?

Binnu added 2 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

They PLANNED but they din't DECIDE. There is a lot of difference between planning and deciding.

this is not street cricket that I planned I will have Binnu in my team but ends up having Akash00;)

Lets get some facts right:

The Pakistani players were demanded by the IPL Franchises long back. The franchises knew the complications that could rise. The attacks in Mumbai happened more than a year back, so they knew there could be problems. The PCB and the govt. arranged all the procedures and did everything in their end to ensure that the Pakistani players were available for the tournament. The shortlisting of the players was done and remember it was the IPL franchises who decided on who they wanted. Based on that those players were included in the shortlist. If franchises did not want the players OR did not want to risk having them then they wouldnt have kept asked them to be kept in theshortlisted players. Remember there were shortlisted consistently over the last few days.

The Auction arrives and not a SINGLE Pakistani player is bought. It seemed for a moment that it was confirmed there there was no clearance for the Pakistani players. ALso it seems to me that the IPL teams decision were "influenced" by the IPL governing body. I can understand if players like Afridi were not taken in the first round, but when a team sees there is no competition for a certain player then they would certainly take him. The best T20 bowler and the best T20 allrounder dont go for sale in the most lucrative tournament, well there is something wrong then.

I am 100% sure this was a conspiracy. If it hadnt been at least one player might have been involved in the Auction. Sadly Cricket and politics do meet together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread