IPL - Ass New Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am posting this off my phone so I'll keep it quick.

With the India-Pakistan political climate the way it is, I can see the reeasons why some teams may be reluctant to bid for Pakistani players. There is still a few months before the event and if anything was to happen between the two countries then the franchises would have had more hassles on their shoulders.

I can also see why some teams would be reluctant to sign Afridi. He has been a star in t20s off late but the spats he had with DC in the first event and his mediocre record in india can be a part of it.

I would've loved to see some pakistani players in though. Personally thought Aamer wpouldve done well.

Cricketman added 1 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Don't know wheree modi comes in this though. Its the franchises that are making the bids.

Cricketman added 0 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Don't know wheree modi comes in this though. Its the franchises that are making the bids.

With the India-Pakistan political climate the way it is, I can see the reeasons why some teams may be reluctant to bid for Pakistani players. There is still a few months before the event and if anything was to happen between the two countries then the franchises would have had more hassles on their shoulders.

I can also see why some teams would be reluctant to sign Afridi. He has been a star in t20s off late but the spats he had with DC in the first event and his mediocre record in india can be a part of it.

I would've loved to see some pakistani players in though. Personally thought Aamer wpouldve done well.

Cricketman added 0 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Question is again the same why they have made all that rubbish drama when franchises were so reluctant?

Some teams, then why did the teams ask for the players in the first place? This climate didnt develop in the last few days, it was their for the past year.

Keeping Afridi out of this, wonder why Gul wasnt taken :sarcasm
Most Chennai fans happen to say they miss a bowler and even taking an unknown Lankan player (at least to me) instead of him is plain stupidity.

I dont care if Pakistani players at the end are not playing in the IPL. But you call them and think of the players as stupids that we wont notice this. Remember this team won the World Cup.

what about Tanvir,Best IPL 1 bowler.

And s2y, don't forget the performance of afridi and his comments on laxman after 1st Ipl. He aimed captaincy for which he had to lose his spot in ipl itself.

Binnu added 2 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

And bilal, no one here treated pakistani players as stupids. We do respect the talent they have.:cool:

And s2y, don't forget the performance of afridi and his comments on laxman after 1st Ipl. He aimed captaincy for which he had to lose his spot in ipl itself.

We are not talking about Afridi but all the Pakistani team. Plus I agree with what Afridi said on Laxman(even thought thats what we are not discussing).

And bilal, no one here treated pakistani players as stupids. We do respect the talent they have.:cool:

comments? if Sreesanth can forget Bhaji smash then why not this. Laxman was poor through out IPL 1 and he didn't say anything wrong at all.This is not at all a justification that a player wasn't at this best long time ago so I will don't have him team.if such rubbish thing happen in cricket then most players will ahve two to three years career and that's it.

send2yaari added 1 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

IPL has treated them like stupids.

OK shouldnt have said that, but I am pissed of the way they handled the issue. Frankly it seems that they tried to insult us

I guess you dunno what actually happened. Afridi said," laxman is unfit for t20." Who is afridi to say it.?. If I were laxman, I'd have said,"afridi is unfit for iplt20" which came true.

I guess you dunno what actually happened. Afridi said," laxman is unfit for t20." Who is afridi to say it.?. If I were laxman, I'd have said,"afridi is unfit for iplt20" which came true.

These are individual thoughts. Just because Afridi said so, it makes it true? Fine, Deccan shouldnt sign him, but the rest?

BKB1991 added 5 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

This is what I was saying.

Pakistan players hurt and angered by snub | Cricket News | Indian Premier League 2010 | Cricinfo.com

By playing IPL you are not bound to say only what IPL like,you have right to say what you want to say.

I don't understand the reason why pakistani players show interest to play ipl. I guess its the money factor, which is making them go mad.

I don't understand the reason why pakistani players show interest to play ipl. I guess its the money factor, which is making them go mad.

Why do you think the whole world (barring a few players) want to play in the IPL? Money is a factor but also the competition itself. If I was given the opportunity to do so, even if they payed me nothing I would take it.

No body can predict when terrorist will strike India next and Pakistan players will be barred Visa's. I am amused why Pakistani people and player think its unjust to them.

They should ask their politicians and ISI for their long term hate policy towards India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread